• Please log in to reply
    24 replies to this topic

#21 slasherking823

slasherking823

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

What I hate is the fact that most think a jtag is what you use to mod mw2, and that's its only purpose, when in reality you can use it to mod any game, run any homebrew, write your own apps, and so on

#22 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

People have tons of cool game types and modified playlists that they have modded,

When the **** did this happen? Have I been gone that long?

#23 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

Things are dead, not dying.

#24 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

See the best game to mod was halo 3 becasue it's a great game and popular; and thats what ibotmodz was really about and a lot of other sites, but look halo 3 has been out for years so modding got old fast. So yeah it's dying out quick. I think if we can figure out how to mod reach it will save all these modding sites and bring them back.

#25 Azraelrs

Azraelrs

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 85 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

Adaptation. It's that simple honestly. Halo is done (sorry, but it's true.. Bungie has started pushing Halo like it is Activision) The coolness effect is gone. You have to adapt to what the "kids" are into these days to stay afloat. It's a constantly changing scene. You change with the times or you get left behind. It's sad but true. You need to be the latest and greatest or you just... won't be. And you need to get/do/accomplish something before everyone else. The Bioshock 2 mods are already out. You guys working on Mass Effect 2? No? Anybody got ahold of Final Fantasy 13 to mod it? No? Still on Halo? Bad. You gotta get that something. Just something to put you ahead to survive. If not, sadly... you're doomed.

I'm not saying focusing on certain things is bad, but when you become over focused, you lose appeal, and people will wander to where they can find everything you have and more at one place. Attention spans are dwindling. If you can't provide everything everyone is looking for, they WILL go elsewhere.

*PS* I'm not saying Reach won't sell tons of copies. It will. But I think it's becoming more like Madden/NBA Live/FIFA. They come out every year and still millions of people pay to play the same game they have been playing for years. You aren't gonna buy Reach to see if it's a new game. You're going to buy it to see what has improved. (this comment was not factual. It was an opinion. Go ahead and put your torches out)