• 3,503 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Sub mod? as in a sub admin or what?

#42 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

A mod that just moderates the debate section.

Edited by JUSTREC, 12 May 2009 - 09:10 PM.

#43 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Debate forum= No, we went over this before.

As staff they'll decide on VIP members, your just trying to start a flame war with T3A.

#44 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:51 AM

way to take a firm grasp of the non-flame situation. lol...

#45 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:59 AM

Debate forum= No, we went over this before.

As staff they'll decide on VIP members, your just trying to start a flame war with T3A.

Dude...no. I've wanted this way before the IBM Epic Argument 1.0

That topic was just an example of something, so stop trying to saying we want a "Flame War" As stated before, there should be someone who knows the difference between debating and "Arguing". If you guys are preventing this forum because you think there will be lots of flame, then you don't know what debates really are...At all. It doesn't really lead to flame except 5% of the time.

You went over this before? The reason before were stupid. So no...just no.

#46 T3A guy

T3A guy

:)

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

DG, this is a debate topic and no one has flamed yet except that random spammer.

#47 iKhaosmaster

iKhaosmaster

Yawn

• Members+

• 1,346 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

You should've just posted in my Debate Forum suggestion. Lol

#48 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

I merged the 2 topics. They are the same suggestion.

Personally I think it has it's pros and has it's cons. It would be nice, but I can guarantee that debates carry out of the forum and into the chatbox and other topics.

#49 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

I have yet to see an actual con...

I see nothing but pros.

Edited by JUSTREC, 13 May 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#50 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

A con is the one I mentioned. It will carry out into other forums and the chatbox. People hold grudges in this world.

#51 crazyeightz

crazyeightz

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 243 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

ok. this is a good idea but it can have bad consequences. like previosly stated it probably will end up in flame wars and grudges will be carried all through the site. but good things can come of it to, more of the uprising issues for the site and between members can be sorted through with all sides being stated quicker than it is now. now all you have is arguements being dragged all over the site and it gets dumb. the debate section can be used for staff bringing certain issues to the members and getting there opinions out there, which in turn might lead to less complaining from certain members, not a guarantee but it might.

if there is a sub-mod for this section i would think that he should not be allowed to partake in a debate. his only posts should be warnings. this will keep him from being influenced from flame and grudges. and what if this sub-mod was changed weekly or bi-weekly? keep things fresh. another idea i had is kinda dumb but what if there were daily debate topics about real issues, not just the site ones (like swine flu for example)

but really for this thing to work the MEMBERS have to be considerate and dont say the first thing that comes to mind and think about it. try to be reasonable. this could be very succesful but only if the members work at it. and worst comes to worst it ends up being a flop and gets removed. but all in all this is something that should be talked about, that should become a reality even if it is a test period give us members a chance to get our opinions out there in a civilized manner.

i think i fit all i wanted to say in there. please consider what i have said.

#52 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

if there is a sub-mod for this section i would think that he should not be allowed to partake in a debate. his only posts should be warnings. this will keep him from being influenced from flame and grudges. and what if this sub-mod was changed weekly or bi-weekly? keep things fresh. another idea i had is kinda dumb but what if there were daily debate topics about real issues, not just the site ones (like swine flu for example)

I personally really like that idea. The 'Debate Leader' can sticky a topic every morning. That is a really good idea, good job.

#53 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

way to take a firm grasp of the non-flame situation. lol...

I did a fine job, and i have nothing to say to you.

Anyways as staff members most of us do not want this section, if you guys really wanted to you could start debated in "off-topic" and label them [Debate] or something...

I have never seen a debate section on a forum, i personally do not like the idea. Go outside and play.

#54 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

I really like this idea because we have numerous topics in off topic about debates of anything from morality to religion (wait those are kinda simaler w/e), I say we try it for a few days, see how it goes and keep it or trash it.

#55 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I did a fine job, and i have nothing to say to you.

Anyways as staff members most of us do not want this section, if you guys really wanted to you could start debated in "off-topic" and label them [Debate] or something...

I have never seen a debate section on a forum, i personally do not like the idea. Go outside and play.

First of all, not to burst your bubble, but purple means that you aren't staff anymore. You lost your spot. Having little mod powers doesn't mean you are staff. Not trying to be a ******.

There are lots of forums with debate forums. Take 7sins for example. Very popular site, debate forum is used for stuff outside the forums such as presidential things, some silly things like which pop is the best, and stuff on site as well. So, no. What you said isn't correct.

@crazyeightz
    The sub-mod or "Debate Leader" Should be allowed to debate. As long as he doesn't think that what he says is right and closes the topic after that.

#56 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

You can place debates in "General Discussion" till something is figured out. Its a serious matter and as long as responsible debates go on, instead of "yeah dude" we can do it.

I think we could debate common political things and economy problems, and just random things.

#57 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Exactly. But If you think it would be out of control, assign someone like eazy to take care of that section. He knows the difference between debate and arguing... <_<

Edited by JUSTREC, 13 May 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#58 iKhaosmaster

iKhaosmaster

Yawn

• Members+

• 1,346 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:18 AM

Exactly. But If you think it would be out of control, assign someone like eazy to take care of that section. He knows the difference between debate and arguing... <_<

I'm on an actual debate team.................

#59 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

I say throw up a sub section in off-topic and let people have fun with it. :]

#60 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Someone go make a topic in General Discussion. I can edit it for you to close within 24 hours of the post, so we have a daily debate for it. I would prefer for it to be 12 mid-night in someone's time zone and not like 2:42 lol.

Label it Debate for May 14th.

I would do it, but I have no idea what kind of topic to do. It should be a worldwide topic and not one to a specific country.