Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Try to do something besides swaps pl0x.

#3 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

Looks like the beginning of Halo 2 mods. So now that your one of the people who CAN make dev mods, start researching learn some new techniques. I expect to see some progress please.

#4 .MeLo♥

.MeLo♥

Has been every Staff.

• Retired Staff

• 1,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Looks like the beginning of Halo 2 mods. So now that your one of the people who CAN make dev mods, start researching learn some new techniques. I expect to see some progress please.

That about sums it up

#5 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

I like the title lol, hope to see some big advancements (tags from other maps and such) soon

i hope the dev community expands so there are actually some really creative and interesting mods coming out :]

#6 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

Seems very simple but it's a start.

#7 halodu03de

halodu03de

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

we dont know how the data works to move it from one map to another like that.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AQEdBAadVPI

#8 xX Epsilon Xx

xX Epsilon Xx

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 372 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

"Corruption" already sounds like a bad attempt to remake DeToX's map, and so far everyone who has a dev is fail, except for halo dude, Because he does more than just gay swaps, plus you can even see the ground, gai. Make progress in map modding, make a spartan poop a grunt that will barf at marines and burn ther skin (xD jk, but do something else)

#9 T3A guy

T3A guy

:)

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

"Corruption" already sounds like a bad attempt to remake DeToX's map, and so far everyone who has a dev is fail, except for halo dude, Because he does more than just gay swaps, plus you can even see the ground, gai. Make progress in map modding, make a spartan poop a grunt that will barf at marines and burn ther skin (xD jk, but do something else)

Halodud hasn't done anything to help the community. We need to get DarkieMcSparkie a dev kit.

#10 Quickkill0

Quickkill0

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Well see eveyone telling me to do things other than swaps when you havnt taken a detailed look at the video theyre are lighting effects and the sun was removed along with removing the fog.And i dont know what detox made that resembles My map or map name but i dont care i didnt copy his map in any way.

#11 Quickkill0

Quickkill0

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Also not to put halodude down in anyway halodude hasnt done anything different he may have created some sick mods but they are still things that have already acheived again halodude im just proving a point im not trying to put you down or discourage your modding abilities.

#12 greensaxaphone

greensaxaphone

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

ima kitty cow moo moo.

#13 halodu03de

halodu03de

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

Halodud hasn't done anything to help the community. We need to get DarkieMcSparkie a dev kit.

Um there currently isn't a modding "community" and helping anyone on the outside of us too much would result in no help from anyone meaning not much can get out without severe consequences. And I am researching.

Also not to put halodude down in anyway halodude hasnt done anything different he may have created some sick mods but they are still things that have already acheived again halodude im just proving a point im not trying to put you down or discourage your modding abilities.

No offense taken but yah I don't know what you guys are expecting us to do we can't move bsps from one map to another yet if thats what you mean.

#14 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

My personal opinion.

All dev owners seem to operate their own personal sites, and try to be away from the general community and just leaking videos and footage on sites in hopes to get their own site more popular. Thus they are all own their own little scale of how much they know. There are little "groups" of dev people I noticed that share info, and what do you know? They've made the best stuff, and the individuals just learn and copy from that. I'm not discouraging that, because thats what I would do. I just wish they would hang out in one general area and start sharing knowledge. The most I've learned about dev kit modding was talking to an owner via MSN since theres really no site for it. HaloMods doesn't condone the discussion of it. Se7ensin topics get spammed and beated to death by people who can't tell a telephone cable from ethernet cable.

If all dev kit owners could like sign a topic, get a special forum and gather in one place we could help. The difference about this modding is instead of having to buy one small action reply to mod (How to softmod an xbox 1) you have to spend a huge sum of money for something that is illegal to own if your not licensed. Then I assume you have no clue what your doing, till someone who has one tells you how. If its anything like Dev's for xbox 1. That means a buttload of software on your computer, and annoying IP Conflict pop ups, since the xbox keeps stealing your IP (probably just my setup).

#15 halodu03de

halodu03de

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

My personal opinion.

All dev owners seem to operate their own personal sites, and try to be away from the general community and just leaking videos and footage on sites in hopes to get their own site more popular. Thus they are all own their own little scale of how much they know. There are little "groups" of dev people I noticed that share info, and what do you know? They've made the best stuff, and the individuals just learn and copy from that. I'm not discouraging that, because thats what I would do. I just wish they would hang out in one general area and start sharing knowledge. The most I've learned about dev kit modding was talking to an owner via MSN since theres really no site for it. HaloMods doesn't condone the discussion of it. Se7ensin topics get spammed and beated to death by people who can't tell a telephone cable from ethernet cable.

If all dev kit owners could like sign a topic, get a special forum and gather in one place we could help. The difference about this modding is instead of having to buy one small action reply to mod (How to softmod an xbox 1) you have to spend a huge sum of money for something that is illegal to own if your not licensed. Then I assume you have no clue what your doing, till someone who has one tells you how. If its anything like Dev's for xbox 1. That means a buttload of software on your computer, and annoying IP Conflict pop ups, since the xbox keeps stealing your IP (probably just my setup).

If we knew what detox and Anthony know and shared stuff with each other we could advance, but considering they did the "research" and all the hard work, they won't share with anyone outside of their "circle".

Edited by halodu03de, 22 February 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#16 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:07 AM

That circle existed in Halo 2, and the only thing that happened was that someone else came along and released in this case ("Tools") and they got all the fame, so then the circle released theirs because there was no longer a point and not many people liked the tools since the other ones had been released. Except this time you need to waste a hefty sum of money to participate in research so probably won't happen.

#17 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

Halodud03de,
    Message me when you get on XBL, PN or MSN.

#18 gabe_k

gabe_k

Corporal Grade 2

• Donors+

• 360 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

My personal opinion.

The problem is that the people with dev kits outside of the "circle" have nothing to contribute and are going entirely on research done by others.

#19 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

That is true, probably cause (sorry) They don't know close to anything about research. Just got the kit. The only people who do, kinda keep it a secret. Join up somewhere, make it public.

#20 gabe_k

gabe_k

Corporal Grade 2

• Donors+

• 360 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

In my view, the point of public research has always been to allow the public to expand on the research. In this case, the public already has a great deal of research and they are doing nothing to expand it, so why should the people in the "circle" give them anymore?