•  

• iBotModz CBox

Azraelrs's Content

There have been 91 items by Azraelrs (Search limited from 21-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#113436 Aeiiiii, things are dying

Posted by Azraelrs on 19 February 2010 - 08:45 AM in General Discussion

Adaptation. It's that simple honestly. Halo is done (sorry, but it's true.. Bungie has started pushing Halo like it is Activision) The coolness effect is gone. You have to adapt to what the "kids" are into these days to stay afloat. It's a constantly changing scene. You change with the times or you get left behind. It's sad but true. You need to be the latest and greatest or you just... won't be. And you need to get/do/accomplish something before everyone else. The Bioshock 2 mods are already out. You guys working on Mass Effect 2? No? Anybody got ahold of Final Fantasy 13 to mod it? No? Still on Halo? Bad. You gotta get that something. Just something to put you ahead to survive. If not, sadly... you're doomed.

I'm not saying focusing on certain things is bad, but when you become over focused, you lose appeal, and people will wander to where they can find everything you have and more at one place. Attention spans are dwindling. If you can't provide everything everyone is looking for, they WILL go elsewhere.

*PS* I'm not saying Reach won't sell tons of copies. It will. But I think it's becoming more like Madden/NBA Live/FIFA. They come out every year and still millions of people pay to play the same game they have been playing for years. You aren't gonna buy Reach to see if it's a new game. You're going to buy it to see what has improved. (this comment was not factual. It was an opinion. Go ahead and put your torches out)

#119329 [ToS Violation]Xbox 360 Smart Repairs

Posted by Azraelrs on 12 June 2010 - 07:50 PM in Xbox 360

Yeah, fix the spelling and it will look quite nice.

PS.. (you know I would have let you have xbox360smartrepairs.com, the joke was over)

#113376 Aeiiiii, things are dying

Posted by Azraelrs on 17 February 2010 - 09:36 PM in General Discussion

My name is Quinn and I approve of this post

My name is Az and I approve of Quinn's approval of that post.

In all seriousness.... Like Peaches said. The whole thing is a fad. No reason to hold info unless you just wanna wait til it's useless. In 5 years noone will even know that any of us ever existed. They'll be a whole new set hacking their Xbox 720s and PS4... so.. just go with the flow.

#113358 Aeiiiii, things are dying

Posted by Azraelrs on 17 February 2010 - 07:58 PM in General Discussion

agreed

I just love it who people like unknown do things, and jester, the game tuts kiddie takes credit and shows off

EDIT: and I can think of things to save this issue, but alot involve being a total dick, which doesn't solve the problem(things like some ddos wars, or withholding information when the next great modifiable game comes out)

There a lots of means to an end, but generally these things take care of themselves. In the time period I myself have been around, I have seen the rise and fall of 360gs(closed communities don't work anymore), XSS (that is the result of DOS wars, and holding information),and numerous other small sites... tons of small sites.

The things you have to remember is that most sites are just straight leaches of others. In the beginning they were all taking 360gs work and spreading it, then XSS, and now I can go almost anywhere and see my hard work with credit taken (Ex.. maxconsoles, xploder,se7ensins, 360iso) but it doesn't matter because I know where all that came from. I know who made lots of those saves everyone loves. So, just keep doing what you do. Don't worry about the scammers and the pretenders because over the years I've watched countless "copy" sites fall. And it will happen eventually to all the rest. Don't sink to their level and you will rise above.

#119340 [ToS Violation]Xbox 360 Smart Repairs

Posted by Azraelrs on 12 June 2010 - 11:00 PM in Xbox 360

what?

Not you...lol halo3 (likes to tell me I'm dumb)

#119336 [ToS Violation]Xbox 360 Smart Repairs

Posted by Azraelrs on 12 June 2010 - 10:29 PM in Xbox 360

Very nice, make the images click-able rather then having to click on the top
    Perhaps you would like to purchase an advertisement on Grunt Mods.
    How much do you give for a broken xbox? The button doesn't work

yeah, I noticed that button didn't work. Just clean it up a lil... (Spell check) and it'll look nice. And you can continue telling me that you are wrong.lol

#113350 Aeiiiii, things are dying

Posted by Azraelrs on 17 February 2010 - 04:52 PM in General Discussion

Is this a goodbye? Either way, it's a well written speech. First time in a long time that is actually punctually sound.

Edit: Just noticed you asked a question...

I don't see it happening. There are people out there that want to control how information is released publicly, which leads to people selling knowledge, stolen sources, etc. Se7ensins seems to house a good 90% of the problem, as well as those (few) sites (that remain,) that just leech right from other sites.

I've settled my differences with the people who horde knowledge, but they know who they are. I was one of the first to step out in the open by "leaking" private applications and knowledge, and got bashed for it. I doubt this has anything to do with me, but because of my ego, I believe that I was part of the start of all of this.

I was Administrator here, Blue Shadowz, Rogue-Mods, Gold Star Modders and a few other sites with staff, but all that remains is Blue Shadowz, the rest are all dead except iBotModz, while I was demoted here. People said "I was iBotModz", but I doubt that, it's still kind of here, but much less active. My site is more content oriented and costs next to nothing to run, so I don't really judge it.

In my own opinion, everyone should avoid his opinion for 4. Saying things gets you flamed, banned, threatened, etc. I doubt most of you can handle all the stress generated by the ignorance of the few who believe that hoarding knowledge is to "better" the community.

When sites like Se7ensins die, (I guess theres really only a couple left), the community might be able to come back.

Sadly places like that will not die easily. I see it more and more. Everyone who joins a site now believes they are "entitled" to everything with no contribution. It is annoying and irritating beyond belief.

#116395 E74

Posted by Azraelrs on 22 April 2010 - 04:02 PM in Help Desk

Reflow the HANA chip... fixes 99% of E74 errors permanently.

Drive flash has nothing to do with E74, sorry.

#120988 New 360 Info

Posted by Azraelrs on 12 July 2010 - 11:08 AM in Xbox 360

Yeah I totally agree with you there, overheating isn't bad at all. /sarcasm

Do you understand anything about the way computers in general work?

Actually, it isn't on a 360, safeguards shut the console off to prevent any damage at a temp lower than what would be necessary to damage the console. Now, if you wanna cut the temp sensor trace and then try this, that might be a different story...

#124499 Retaining user loyalty

Posted by Azraelrs on 26 September 2010 - 10:58 AM in General Discussion

You can't to be honest. Every 360 site is failing... It's the life cycle. Every retarded kid got them a JTAG and there is no 360 modding "scene" anymore... You can jump on the PS3 modding bandwagon, or just fall to the side. To stay relevant these days you need to change your site focus almost weekly, it's kinda pointless.

#125494 Next few days.

Posted by Azraelrs on 08 November 2010 - 10:09 PM in News

i agree with grunt, after most people quit i say then but while we still have a super small chance (like 1.5%) let us live

You can live... you just have to expand...

#114154 What I have never understood about the game industry

Posted by Azraelrs on 10 March 2010 - 07:24 PM in Xbox

Do you guys even know how much level editors cost to make or even purchase from another company? They are expensive as hell.

Game developers don't care if you will wait another 1+ years so they can make it more customizable. Maybe if you offered to double their salary, they might spend their lives making the game the way you want it to be.

Or maybe they understand that if they gave you that ability, why would you buy Map Packs or any other "expansion" DLC? Why would you buy Halo 6 if you could have already made everything in Halo 2?

Think of the lost revenue....... Publishers aren't stupid.

#119877 The new xbox won't Red Ring

Posted by Azraelrs on 22 June 2010 - 01:17 AM in Xbox 360

I wonder how the secondary error codes will work, probably still the reconnect button and the dvd drive button but how will we tell the seccondary error code by the rate of the blinking? will it show green rings instead of read? Also think they will still mean the same things? like e74= gpu and/or hana chip problem

I'm curious as to this one also. As the only on screen message it will show is "overheating". I guess the only way we are gonna find out is when we finally get our hands on a broken one.

#112508 RRod

Posted by Azraelrs on 27 January 2010 - 02:12 AM in Help Desk

OK, I can actually answer your question... sort of. To answer it fully, I'll need more info.

1) IF and that's a BIG IF, you haven't destroyed it with the penny trick and overheating it. Then put it back to normal. The penny trick will warp the board.

2) don't ever over heat your 360 or do the towel trick

3) now, pull the secondary code and I'll tell you exactly what you need to focus on the fix it.

Also, contrary to popular belief, the factory X clamps do not cause the board to warp. Actually, the factory X clamps are better than any RROD kit you can use. This, like 95% of all 360 errors is caused by heat.

So, pull the secondary code and I'll tell you everything you need to know.

#119713 The new xbox won't Red Ring

Posted by Azraelrs on 17 June 2010 - 11:28 PM in Xbox 360

I think you are missing it. They will still break (probably more actually) but you won't get "RRoD" because they didn't put red LED's in the ring. It's the best they can do to try to remove themselves from the RRoD plight. It's still going to happen, but it won't be the dreaded RRoD. It will be the dreaded "Red Blinking power button light of death or RBPBLoD"

#112813 RROD 360 power brick turns red

Posted by Azraelrs on 02 February 2010 - 02:31 PM in Help Desk

its the xclamp thats making it like that, its probably too tight, try loosening them becasue it could be shorting something. Tell me if loosening them works, if not then its somehting else.

You sir, are truly an idiot. To start with, if you aren't getting power, and your brick checks out. first place you should look is the power supply connections on the 360. You don't even need to know the secondary code.... BUT WAIT!! He did get the secondary code! 0001... hmm, that would be a faulty PSU... Imagine that. So, maybe he should look at the connections around the power supply.

You have no common sense when it comes to 360s. If you had even the slightest bit of any kind of knowledge on 360 repair you would know that overtightening the heatsinks would cause error 0020... Jesus Christ kid. Stop giving bad/wrong advice!

#112835 RROD 360 power brick turns red

Posted by Azraelrs on 02 February 2010 - 06:46 PM in Help Desk

And to you HAWKzero, I apologize for the flaming in this thread. It sucks when you come to get help and answers and it just goes nowhere. I do have a problem with this kid spouting off bad info he read somewhere and assumes it is correct. It is very misleading and may cause people to do unnecessary work on their consoles. Basically, here's what to look for...

The first indicator that it may be the power supply was your power brick going back to red. If that happens, it means it's an error with the brick or the power supply on the 360 itself. Since you tried out multiple power bricks, that kinda eliminates the possibility of it being the brick. Then when you got the secondary code and it was 0001, you almost completely confirmed that was the issue. I'm going to go with the fact that when you positioned it in a certain spot you got power enough to get the secondary code, that you have a loose connection.

To begin with, look in the outlet on the console and make sure none of the contacts are missing/bent/touching. If that goes well and everything looks good, start looking around the PSU for loose or bridging solder and any resistors that may have shorted. 99% of the time you will find your problem right there with the solder. If it is, you can attempt a reflow on that area, but please be cautious around the resistors and such there. There is a rare chance that it could be a short in your DVD drive power wire or the fan wires. Check all that out. And test different wires if you have them available.

Hope that helps you.

#113744 RRoD #2? wtf?

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:32 PM in Help Desk

okay, my xbox killed itself a couple months ago. i had no warranty left. i ended up fixing it maybe a moth ago/ i removed the x clamps re-did the paste yata yata, and it worked fine. until yesterday that is.

i got RRoD again and i am wondering if i can fix it. is it possible to just crack it open again and tighten the screws or re apply the paste? or something? would the penny trick fix it? or am i ******?

I suggest, being me, that you first get the secondary error and then post it here and I can give you a better answer on how to fix it the right way...

Hopefully you have kept the X Clamps so you can fix it properly and get rid of the screws and washers.

#113797 RRoD #2? wtf?

Posted by Azraelrs on 01 March 2010 - 06:14 PM in Help Desk

i belive a flame war is about to take place

I hope not. I was just trying to provide info so that maybe he could get a good permanent fix instead of a Band-Aid.

#113762 RRoD #2? wtf?

Posted by Azraelrs on 01 March 2010 - 01:00 AM in Help Desk

Re-apply the x-clamp? So we can have the same problem again?

Next time i work on it im gonna check the code, like i always do.

Sure the x-clamp fix may keep warping it, but if it works why not? lol

Im gonna check the tightness of bolts, take or add another washer, maybe re-apply the heat sink glue (good stuff this time) and then it should be good.

edit- Don't tell me the x-clamp fix "doesnt work", because it does. I've fixed a few now, this one being the only trouble.

Well, I'm gonna tell you... the Xclamp fix doesn't work...no matter what you do with it, it's never a permanent solution. Ever. And each time it reoccurs and you do it over you are just screwing that board over worse and worse. No error in that whole 360 is cause by the X clamps. replacing them is always a cheap temp fix. It helps when there is a short or a bad solder connection, but never fixes the problem, only covers it up for a little while. The factory clamps do a much better job than the screws and washers.

You haven't "fixed" any of them if you simply did screws and a washers... You just duct taped it for a bit. Just being honest, I do tons of consoles, and sit around and laugh with some repair buddies every time I get one that the previous owner did that to. The general comment is "jesus Christ, I got another one of these screw and washer deals... geeez are they never gonna learn"

I don't mean any offense, just telling the truth.

And yes, you can do the screws and washers the proper way and have them work as well as the OG X clamps. Through the cage...

Screws>cage>metal washer>nylon washer> Board> nylon washer> metal washer> heatsink.

This of course is only after you've actually repaired the 360.

Depending on the error code...

Did you do a low temp oven bake for 6-8 hours to dry the board and unstress it?

Did you run flux under all chips to clean and renew the solder?

Did you reflow the chips that were causing the errors?

ONLY THEN are you ready to put anything back together. If the board sitting on it's own, with power, AV, and an RF board (with a lil Arctic Silver on the chips to prevent immediate overheating) doesn't boot up to the dash just sitting there, you haven't fixed anything. What you are doing is called putting a Band Aid on it.

BTW, also, if you do use the screws and washers.. Common mistake that ruins lots of 360s... You only ever need to tighten the screws with your fingers. Finger tight is as far as you should ever go, and is as much as is ever needed.

Just fix it the right way the first time, and it won't happen again. I've done this for a few years now man, just know that if you fix them right, they last a lonnnng time.

(Again, I'm not bashing you. Just trying to give some accurate info)

AND NO!!!! DO NOT EVER DO THE PENNY TRICK OR TOWEL TRICK!!!!

#113766 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 01 March 2010 - 01:06 AM in General Discussion

I watched curling for ten minuets and then cried myself to sleep because I watch curling for ten minuets. So that's all I know about the Olympics.

Yeah.... Men's Ice Skating came on one day and I was doing something and not paying attention, but just being in the room with it on for 20 minutes made me feel like I needed to go to my local gay bar.

#113741 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:24 PM in General Discussion

LOL, the first time Canada has ever been 1st at anything... Any other sports you Canadians excel at?

#113747 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:35 PM in General Discussion

How about we have 14 gold medals, which is a WORLD RECORD
    pwned :p

No, no, no... I meant actual sports.. like baseball, basketball, football, soccer, boxing, etc...

#113752 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:41 PM in General Discussion

Crossed out the sports that suck :)
    Your right, we aren't the best at football, or boxing. But we pwn at winter sports

LOL, that's because you live in the snow

#117784 [req help] Jtag

Posted by Azraelrs on 16 May 2010 - 03:40 PM in Xbox 360

No, you cannot JTAG anything past 7371. That's the cutoff. Also, you can't have a blade dash and 8498. As Peaches said 7357 was the NXE update. People keep trying to speculate that post 7371 will become JTAGable, but it won't. The hole has been closed.