•  

• iBotModz CBox

Azraelrs's Content

There have been 91 items by Azraelrs (Search limited from 30-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#113749 breaking 360

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:38 PM in Off-Topic

Isn't when there is horizontal video disturbance mean the connection on the GPU is slowly melting away from the board, and thus soon you will get RROD and E74 error?

Nah, E74 is vertical, either blotchy or blocky. most likely he's getting interference from a nearby power cord. Try plugging it in a different outlet, and keeping cords clear just to test. horizontal lines are dirty power or interference almost always.

#113742 breaking 360

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:25 PM in Off-Topic

I'm getting a 360 too! Actually, I'm getting 12 this week! Yay for me!

@Quinn, check your cables, and check everything for interference.

#113537 Design your own Xbox 360

Posted by Azraelrs on 21 February 2010 - 08:35 AM in General Discussion

I take it you've never took apart an Xbox 360 before, or you haven't read that these consoles come with 1 year warranty. Unless you meant paint your console while its fully assembled, which is stupid.

Umm, no I haven't ever taken a 360 apart before. How do you do it? I'm so lost.

Like This?

(this was just me bored one afternoon)

With a blue ROL with a white power icon/light, Blue fans, UV coating so it glows under a blacklight, etc?

I could never do that. Hell, i'm not sure I could even get the case off.

I will take it that you aren't aware that 360s cost around $5~$20 and paint, clear coat, and supplies cost around $20... so I can make a better looking one that will last longer than your year warranty for $25. Damn I'm stupid.

#113504 Design your own Xbox 360

Posted by Azraelrs on 20 February 2010 - 01:02 PM in General Discussion

Wayyyy too much money for that. Do you know how easy it is to paint yours and make it look even better than this?

#114318 MS: Blu-ray absence key to 360 outselling PS3

Posted by Azraelrs on 17 March 2010 - 02:12 AM in 360 News

Yeah, umm the reason more 360's have been sold (besides the extra year) maybe has something to do with 62-73% of people have to buy more than one 360, while PS3 owners really have had the same console since the first purchase.

Blu Ray isn't useless... makes movies look better. Helps space wise with games (ex.. FFXIII: 1 PS3 Disc or 3 ULTRA compressed 360 discs)

Curtis I don't know if you have a Blu-Ray player, but in and of themselves they are cool lil toys. All kinds of nice features.

I Believe (note the word believe, as in opinion) that the only reason there will never be a Blu Ray drive for 360 is that it's Sony's creation.

So, would MS just not want to say that Sony did something better and they are following the lead, or would Sony gloat like lil kids who got the big piece of candy that MS used their technology, therefore admitting that it was superior?

Either way, it is technically a superior drive just because in any case(even non-console wise) Blu-Ray players play CD,DVD,BD, with uncompressed tracks (both audio and video). DVD players play DVD and CD only, and they are compressed and upscaled. But, in all honesty most of the time compression really hurts nothing and isn't noticeable.

PS: That story quoted in the OP is missing some parts...lol

"Speaking about the same subject, Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg highlighted the lack of Blu-ray in the Xbox 360 as one of the reasons why the 360 is currently positioned ahead of the PS3. "Sony bet on the physical disc, and there are costs associated with that," he told Edge. "The fact that we're able to offer a console starting at $199 is a benefit of not being burdened with that cost." He also noted that "being $100 cheaper [than PS3] is part of the reason we're nearly twice their installed base," a comment he has since clarified on Twitter as being based on NPD data that has the 360's U.S. install base at 20 million units to the PS3's 12 million. The same can't be said about worldwide numbers, especially in Japan (where PS3 leads) and Europe (where the 360's lead is much smaller than it is in the U.S.)."

My Sourced Quote

Yeah...the OP first quote left out the Japanese market... wonder why?

#115058 Please assist..

Posted by Azraelrs on 31 March 2010 - 02:27 PM in General Discussion

Did it a bit for ya
    edit: They all got deleted within 5 minutes. This is why I went "**** MS" and started playing games on my pc.

Yeah, that's why I asked for help. They all got deleted, just trying to overpower them.

#115044 Please assist..

Posted by Azraelrs on 31 March 2010 - 12:54 PM in General Discussion

Please go to the forums on xbox.com and start topics with this as the post in every section:

"So.. how long is Major Nelson's account suspended for? As it clearly states (and has been repeated by your staff constantly) in the ToS, that EVERY person using XBL has to agree to in order to use the service... "You are responsible for your account and console. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Xbox Live Web. Microsoft will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge." As we all can see, there was very objectional content on his profile the other day, so how long is his suspension? He is in fact (according to your own ToS) responsible for every bit of it all, and must face the consequences. Unless you also wish to unban/unsuspend everyone else's accounts that have claimed to be "hacked" or "phished" Rules apply to everyone, or they apply to no one. Which is it? This question is brought to you by the courtesy of Az. Enjoy!"

#113552 Xbox Case Modding Help

Posted by Azraelrs on 21 February 2010 - 01:27 PM in Help Desk

so i want to mod my xbox 360.
    i have the materials for the mod.
    i saw this video on how to mod you xbox 360 with leds
    i watched both videos. now i want to know where to solder the negative and positive wires to
    please help
    TUTORIAL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ__MeXLWpw&feature=channel

this is my xbox now
    Posted Image

I don't understand why you would do anything like this ridiculous video. If you want to do the ROL, you just solder new LEDs where the the old ones were. If you want to run LEDs around and in the 360 you just buy an LED stick from places like extreme-mods and put what color LEDs you want in the sticks and cut and form them where you want. They plug into the fan plug and require no soldering to the 360.

I don't understand. Some advice..

99% of anything you see on youtube having anything to do with modding/repairing your 360 is garbage, and should never be done, ever by anyone with common sense.

#113581 Xbox Case Modding Help

Posted by Azraelrs on 21 February 2010 - 11:30 PM in Help Desk

sure but i don't have $70 dollars on something that i don't like. but if is safer than ill buy one :|

Shouldn't cost you $70...lol I believe the cut-able LED boards are around $10. and you can buy lots of LEDs on Ebay pretty cheap. Since it is pretty much just plugging them in, so it is safer all around than soldering to the board(s).

#116285 Flashing

Posted by Azraelrs on 19 April 2010 - 08:58 PM in General Discussion

If you are unsure, I can always TV you and check out your work.

#116272 Flashing

Posted by Azraelrs on 19 April 2010 - 11:43 AM in General Discussion

The iso on your HDD isn't going to work on a non-jtagged 360. And any time you take any modded content online there's a risk of being banned. As far as testing your flash, simply put any game in, retail or copy. If it plays the game, the flash was good.

#113539 campaign save download

Posted by Azraelrs on 21 February 2010 - 09:09 AM in H3 Modding

Hey so can some1 test this campaign save for me? Nothing that special, just a test. If I can get this to work i will be releasing a lot more saves ;) I spoffed the mac to all the upercase "A"s just like any other save. Idk if i need to do anything else, and also can you tell me what works like what you see modded? Ok thanks :thumbsup:

Idk why there is only the save in there, sorry i fixed it
    Here is the dl link: campaign save test fixed

Also here is how to test the save if you don't know how: read at the top

Um, did you mean to leave all of you info in the file?

I can take this and put your profile on my 360 and use your account (and subsequently any CC or MSP you have on there too). You also didn't change anything on the save itself, so all your info is on it. If you would like I can anon the values and give it back to you so you can re-up. Please be careful when doing things like this, unless this is purely a dummy account with no value. There are people in the world who wouldn't be quite so honest about it and you may get some unpleasant surprises if one gets a hold of this.

Also, since you listed this on se7ensux also, you may wish to ****** it back down. That place is filled with 90% scammers and thieves. Watch your stuff man...

#113866 All Your Profiles

Posted by Azraelrs on 03 March 2010 - 08:11 PM in Off-Topic

Azraelrs
    x Azraelrs x
    xX Azraelrs Xx
    TarheelBlu4Life
    StrawburryGirl
    Blue Shadowz
    Perfect Shadowz
    BlueShadowz
    ... and more I can't remember off the top of my head.

#114831 Microsoft Shuts Down Website Selling JTAG'ed 360s

Posted by Azraelrs on 27 March 2010 - 07:25 PM in 360 News

Kinda sticking yourself out there naming a site stupidly like that...

Think I'm going to make a site called Xboxpirate360.com and see how long that takes... oh wait, I'm not that stupid.

#112508 RRod

Posted by Azraelrs on 27 January 2010 - 02:12 AM in Help Desk

OK, I can actually answer your question... sort of. To answer it fully, I'll need more info.

1) IF and that's a BIG IF, you haven't destroyed it with the penny trick and overheating it. Then put it back to normal. The penny trick will warp the board.

2) don't ever over heat your 360 or do the towel trick

3) now, pull the secondary code and I'll tell you exactly what you need to focus on the fix it.

Also, contrary to popular belief, the factory X clamps do not cause the board to warp. Actually, the factory X clamps are better than any RROD kit you can use. This, like 95% of all 360 errors is caused by heat.

So, pull the secondary code and I'll tell you everything you need to know.

#113766 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 01 March 2010 - 01:06 AM in General Discussion

I watched curling for ten minuets and then cried myself to sleep because I watch curling for ten minuets. So that's all I know about the Olympics.

Yeah.... Men's Ice Skating came on one day and I was doing something and not paying attention, but just being in the room with it on for 20 minutes made me feel like I needed to go to my local gay bar.

#113741 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:24 PM in General Discussion

LOL, the first time Canada has ever been 1st at anything... Any other sports you Canadians excel at?

#113752 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:41 PM in General Discussion

Crossed out the sports that suck :)
    Your right, we aren't the best at football, or boxing. But we pwn at winter sports

LOL, that's because you live in the snow

#113747 CANADA WINS FINAL OLYMPIC EVENT!

Posted by Azraelrs on 28 February 2010 - 08:35 PM in General Discussion

How about we have 14 gold medals, which is a WORLD RECORD
    pwned :p

No, no, no... I meant actual sports.. like baseball, basketball, football, soccer, boxing, etc...

#112323 JTAG and JTAG'able For Sale

Posted by Azraelrs on 23 January 2010 - 12:25 AM in Xbox 360

I can vouch for these consoles as I physically had my hands on both. The jtag had a sloppy repair job done the first time so I cleaned it up and did a lil E74 repair, and the other I walked him through the repair online.

#119341 Dynex TV's?

Posted by Azraelrs on 12 June 2010 - 11:04 PM in General Discussion

It is a budget TV. And it is a store brand. If you like the picture there is no reason not to get it. (I worked as a buyer for hhGregg) and that is the important part. The only thing that makes lower brands different from name brands is service. IF something was to happen, it's harder to get parts for them.

#114616 First watched YouTube video

Posted by Azraelrs on 23 March 2010 - 09:12 PM in Off-Topic

I believe mine was the "I like turtles" video with the zombie kid. Still my favorite one ever.

#114357 Rumor: Xbox 360 Valhalla chipset pictured, 360 Slim?

Posted by Azraelrs on 18 March 2010 - 01:04 AM in 360 News

I believe this would have to be a test board. Being a person that stares at them I see several flaws and it raises questions also But in no way can this be a complete MoBo, or even a working test "leak"

Let me first address the problems I see.

There are several unaccounted for power plugs on the board, and 2 SATA ports. Are they changing the HDD and other config to make everything you own now incompatible? Not smart. (23 open power plugs in the pic, compared to 2 on any current board, one for DVD drive and one for the fan)

Below the fan in the pic I see 2 inputs. The smaller one is for the RF/ROL board and the larger is a MU slot. Where are the USB inputs? Also, no HDD plug in...lol

On the top (in the pic) I see the network and AV/HDMI inputs. What are the other 2?

I see an IR sensor, but there is no Eject or Sync buttons.

And probably other things I didn't notice.

And here are what I see as issues. If everything works and they step up the manufacturing quality (doubtful) it should be a good board and a better system. But as a repair person, this is going to screw things to hell.

A joined CPU and GPU could cause serious diagnostic and repair issues....

Moving the Southbridge to the center of the board (it is already overly sensitive to warping) would possibly cause worse, worse, worse problems.

#117784 [req help] Jtag

Posted by Azraelrs on 16 May 2010 - 03:40 PM in Xbox 360

No, you cannot JTAG anything past 7371. That's the cutoff. Also, you can't have a blade dash and 8498. As Peaches said 7357 was the NXE update. People keep trying to speculate that post 7371 will become JTAGable, but it won't. The hole has been closed.

#117273 Looking for a TAG

Posted by Azraelrs on 07 May 2010 - 05:35 PM in JTAGs / DEVs

If he runs out, I have a few JTAGables sitting around (eight) for $100 and a guy who JTAGs them in NY(Xan) for $50.