•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Rumor: Xbox 360 Valhalla chipset pictured, 360 Slim?

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 iBotModz_Bot

iBotModz_Bot

Brigadier Grade 3

• Bots

• 2,985 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

From hexus.net:

An image of what is believed to be a forthcoming Xbox 360 chipset revision has been leaked onto the Internet.
    The board, pictured below, is said to be the successor to the current chipset - codenamed Jasper - and features both the Xbox 360 GPU and CPU on a single die.

Xbox 360 Valhalla motherboard
    The combination of the two is thought to have been made possible by a die shrink, presumably to 45nm.

Thought to be codenamed Valhalla, the chipset appears to be a drastic redesign from current Xbox 360 boards. The Valhalla PCB (printed circuit board) appears to be smaller than all previous iterations, and a shuffle of I/O port positioning suggests that the board will surface in a new Xbox 360 chassis.

News-Source: hexus.net | bbs.a9vg.com

View the full article

#2 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

nah 360 slim equals more red rings then ever

#3 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

nah 360 slim equals more red rings then ever

Not if MS can get their shit together.

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

I wouldn't' want to get the first 360 of this revision. Errors always appear till the 3rd or 4th in a family.

#5 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

I do, I bet there will be software issues lol... I'll make sure to hold onto a brand new re-dev'ed board. :D

#6 Azraelrs

Azraelrs

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 85 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

I believe this would have to be a test board. Being a person that stares at them I see several flaws and it raises questions also But in no way can this be a complete MoBo, or even a working test "leak"

Let me first address the problems I see.

There are several unaccounted for power plugs on the board, and 2 SATA ports. Are they changing the HDD and other config to make everything you own now incompatible? Not smart. (23 open power plugs in the pic, compared to 2 on any current board, one for DVD drive and one for the fan)

Below the fan in the pic I see 2 inputs. The smaller one is for the RF/ROL board and the larger is a MU slot. Where are the USB inputs? Also, no HDD plug in...lol

On the top (in the pic) I see the network and AV/HDMI inputs. What are the other 2?

I see an IR sensor, but there is no Eject or Sync buttons.

And probably other things I didn't notice.

And here are what I see as issues. If everything works and they step up the manufacturing quality (doubtful) it should be a good board and a better system. But as a repair person, this is going to screw things to hell.

A joined CPU and GPU could cause serious diagnostic and repair issues....

Moving the Southbridge to the center of the board (it is already overly sensitive to warping) would possibly cause worse, worse, worse problems.

Edited by Azraelrs, 18 March 2010 - 01:05 AM.

#7 ATTIKIT

ATTIKIT

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 80 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

I believe this would have to be a test board. Being a person that stares at them I see several flaws and it raises questions also But in no way can this be a complete MoBo, or even a working test "leak"

Let me first address the problems I see.

There are several unaccounted for power plugs on the board, and 2 SATA ports. Are they changing the HDD and other config to make everything you own now incompatible? Not smart. (23 open power plugs in the pic, compared to 2 on any current board, one for DVD drive and one for the fan)

Below the fan in the pic I see 2 inputs. The smaller one is for the RF/ROL board and the larger is a MU slot. Where are the USB inputs? Also, no HDD plug in...lol

On the top (in the pic) I see the network and AV/HDMI inputs. What are the other 2?

I see an IR sensor, but there is no Eject or Sync buttons.

And probably other things I didn't notice.

And here are what I see as issues. If everything works and they step up the manufacturing quality (doubtful) it should be a good board and a better system. But as a repair person, this is going to screw things to hell.

A joined CPU and GPU could cause serious diagnostic and repair issues....

Moving the Southbridge to the center of the board (it is already overly sensitive to warping) would possibly cause worse, worse, worse problems.

I was about to say that lol