• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

what would be the best software for recording music and mixing/ editing tracks? im looking for something that need minamal hardware, and is noob friendly. i have no budget so it has to be freeware or something i can jack, so in otherwords no extra requried hardware as i said before. im willing to try out a few differnt programs to see which i like so post any that you like and if you can post why you like it.

this would be a huge help, thanks to all.

EDIT: i use Audacity atm, but it give a really gross staticy feedback that i cant get rid of when i record directly to it. if you know how to get rid of this, or can suggest a program that doesnt do it as bad. that would be great.

Edited by subs_55, 07 December 2008 - 09:40 AM.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

I use Audacity for recording my voice and putting into montages/videos etc.

For editing the audio extremely fancy, I have no clue. Audacity has enough settings to tweak for me.

#3 Styrofolme

Styrofolme

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Google search "audacity"

proffit.

#4 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

i use Audacity atm (i guess i should have mentioned that, ill edit my original post). but it give a really gross staticy feedback that i cant get rid of when i record directly to it. if you know how to get rid of this, or can suggest a program that doesnt do it as bad. that would be great. ive tried a few things to get rid of the static but it either does very little to help or totally ruins the recording.

Edited by subs_55, 07 December 2008 - 09:42 AM.

#5 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

Check out Mixcraft, its like the Garageband for windows.

#6 Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage

Private

• Members+

• 39 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

I use Audacity and Fruity Loops.

#7 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

i can help you out loads with this mate, im a budding producer an i know a thing or 2 about mixing and reccording.

the 2 programs i would reccomend for you (besides audacity) would be "Adobe Audition 3.0" which is my personal favourate. its very logical and its industry standard quality so if you're getting any fuzz or whatever it must be your pc.

seccond choice would be the legend that is Cubase SX3. its complicated and takes a lot of getting used 2 but its the windows equivelent of the proffesional use program (unless you have £15,000 to buy Pro-Tools HD).

i can give you downloads or cracks for either of these if u need em. but if your just changing your software because of this hissing, then try getting a new asio driver (Asio4all 2.9 is the best an its free) and updating your hardware drivers. what sound card do you use?

#8 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

I used goldwave.... its simple and doesnt have much but its fun to mess around with.

#9 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:14 AM

well i use gold wave i dont no if that helped you or anything :) :p

#10 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

i can help you out loads with this mate, im a budding producer an i know a thing or 2 about mixing and reccording.

the 2 programs i would reccomend for you (besides audacity) would be "Adobe Audition 3.0" which is my personal favourate. its very logical and its industry standard quality so if you're getting any fuzz or whatever it must be your pc.

seccond choice would be the legend that is Cubase SX3. its complicated and takes a lot of getting used 2 but its the windows equivelent of the proffesional use program (unless you have £15,000 to buy Pro-Tools HD).

i can give you downloads or cracks for either of these if u need em. but if your just changing your software because of this hissing, then try getting a new asio driver (Asio4all 2.9 is the best an its free) and updating your hardware drivers. what sound card do you use?

i downloaded the adobe one a week or so ago and it looks nice. i havent done much with it though, havent had time. i still get static though, but im using seriously crappy hardware on my lappy. i just fixed my desktop a few days ago and ill try it with that when i get a chance. thanks for the advice.

Edited by subs_55, 15 December 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#11 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

i downloaded the adobe one a week or so ago and it looks nice. i havent done much with it though, havent had time. i still get static though, but im using seriously crappy hardware on my lappy. i just fixed my desktop a few days ago and ill try it with that when i get a chance. thanks for the advice.

no problem, whats your hardware? cos depending on what you're reccording i might b able 2 offer a few suggestions on how 2 sort it. ie, if your just reccording speach you could use a eyetoy as a webcam as it has an onboard mic that can reccord up to 22khz (96kbs)... i know that isnt great but hey it might b better than your current setup

#12 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

If you really want good recording software, get Cubase. Only problem is it's quite expensive and I'm not sure where you will find a crack from... :(

#13 Pargy

Pargy

WTF is a Pargy?

• VIP

• 1,466 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

If you really want good recording software, get Cubase. Only problem is it's quite expensive and I'm not sure where you will find a crack from... :(

DL- ftp://steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_VST_5...l_installer.zip

Crack- http://depositfiles....files/836g1aq3f