•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

No go on the Jailbreak of the 2.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

A lot of people lately have been asking where the jailbreak for 2G is, or if it's jailbreakable. Well, yes, it is jailbreakable as it always will be. Nothing is perfect and the dev team's will always find a way. How complicated that way becomes is the issue.

The current status of the jailbreak is that it's not ready. A week ago, the official iPhone Dev Team said they were testing hardware related jailbreaks, which is a good and a bad thing. It's a good thing because it means they think they found a way to get in. The bad thing, it's hardware related. What does that mean? It means if you want to do it, it might require opening up your iPod and messing around with it's insides.

As far as a soft jailbreak, something like Quickpwn, or Pwnage, it's not looking like it's coming any time soon. I'm just as far out of the inside of the dev team as everyone else here, but unless the dev team is hiding information from us, it's not coming for a while. They are avoiding patching iTunes in this jailbreak and they haven't established a solid, stable way of communicating two way with the ipod touch yet. This is all because of the new processor.

I hope this is enough information for people to stop posting new topics about the jailbreak because it will happen, just be patient. We should be thanking the dev team instead of whining about the delay of the jailbreak. For God sake, they don't even accept donations as a thank you, yet you are complaining? It seems that half the people here are buying iPod Touchs for the Jailbreak, which is completely wrong. Understand that these people are putting so much time out of their lives to do this, and they offer it free.

Acquired from http://www.ipodtouchfans.com

go there read more be happy.

I just got back into iPod hacking so I'll be posting anywhere from tuts to reviews here.

Have a problem? Bite me.

So I'm going to be buying 1g

209.99 for 8gb =D