•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

How to Mod Disc's for Modded Online Play

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Well since I'm buying a new xbox, I decided to look up some tutorials. Now I'm gonna post an Q&A and the tutorial by Monkey420

Tutorial
    Programs:

Clone CD-
    wxRipper-
    isobuster-
    Halo 2 Iso Editor
    SS Patcher

Drives:

Samsung-(requires flashing 605b Version A) *Does Not work with this tutorial*
    Phillips-Works with hotswap
    Thompson-Works with hotswap *Since this is the worst reading drive i don't know if it works that well*
    Hitachi-Works with hotswap *Best for this TUT it cost about $40*

Halo 2 Raw Dump
    1. Make a new folder on your desktop name it halo 2.
    2. Put a movie 7.5 GB+ in your dvd drive.
    3. Open up Isobuster right click on the dvd go to Extract DVD <image> then User Data.

4. Then a box will come up to save it chose the folder you made on your desktop and name the file: IMAGE000 *DO NOT SAVE*

5. Open WX ripper go to hotswap and then stop drive.

6. Once drive is stop get a paper clip and find a little hole on the front of your drive that is the emergency eject stick the paper clip in it and pump it 2 to 3 times and the disc tray will come out.
    7. Switch the movie you had in there with halo 2 then close the disc tray.
    8. If it doesn't start spinning again in like 30 seconds use WX ripper goto hotswap and then spin drive.

9. once it starts spinning at full speed again you can then hit save.
    10. Then it will start ripping once it gets to 7% you will get a warning just check the box replace with dummy data and the check the box always apply selction then hit selection.

11. It should take about 40 minutes to an hour to finish ripping.
    12. When it is done there will be a notice telling you to delete the file because there where errors during the process just select no.

13. It will then ask you if you want it to save as a .cue file just hit yes.
    14. You now have a halo 2 raw dump! * Rename the larger file out of the two files in your halo 2 raw dump: IMAGE000.iso*

Layer Break
    Now we have to make a .dvd file. (Layer Break File)
    Get your movie out again (the one you made the Raw Dump with) and press the DVD-Rom eject button and put the movie in the drive and let it spin up. Now open up CloneCD and press File---->Read to File.

It will bring up a window like this:

Hit next and you will be brought to a screen that will ask you to make a file name. MAKE SURE you hit browse and go to the directory that you saved your Halo 2 Raw Dump to and call this file IMAGE002.dvd Than hit ok.

Then the progress screen will come up, wait until it hits 30 seconds and then hit abort. And then it will ask you if you want to delete the file, CLICK NO.

Open the folder where you saved the Halo 2 Dump and there should be a bunch of different files in the folder.

Now we will delete all the files EXCEPT (both IMAGE000 files and IMAGE002). You file should no look like this.

Now right click on the IMAGE002 file and open it with Notepad. And delete all the information except the first line and under the first line type in IMAGE000.iso and save as IMAGE000.dvd

Injecting the Modded Maps

1. Open up Halo 2 Iso Editor
    2. Once its open go to OPEN ISO
    3. the open up your IMAGE000.iso

4. Then check off the box for acension then hit OPEN then find your modded acension map and hit Inject

5. Now do this for all the maps except midship, and the main menu. Just open the ss patcher go to IMAGE TOOLS then IMAGE BROWSER then click the maps folder go down to midship and left click it once then right click it and then select REPLACE WITH FILE then find your modded midship and hit OK do the same with the mainmenu and they will work as long as they are modded correctly and resigned.

Burning the Modded Disc

1. Open up clone cd go to file then click write from file.

2. Then select your IMAGE000.iso
    3. Set your drive speed to 6x
    4. Then click OK
    5. it warning will come up saying the file doesn't fit on the disc just check the box write until end of media is reached. Then click OK
    6. And your modded copy of halo 2 will begin burning.

Q&A

Q: I don't want to make my own raw dump!
    A: You can download a torrent raw dump here, It was made my friend Bungie Hunter
    Download Torrent Here

Q:What Discs Do I burn my modded raw dump to?
    A:DVD-R or +R

Q:What disc to use for hotswap?
    A: The Lord of the Rings: Disc 1

Any more Questions? Post them and i will answer them ASAP

Edited by xHdTxHaloModder, 17 October 2008 - 10:48 PM.