• Please log in to reply
    40 replies to this topic

#1 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

Im one hell of a sexy man...

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

Alright Im not going to force my opinions on anyone I just want to post some facts I took the time to type out.

I have been paying very close attention this year to politics and this just some tax info.

I need to address Obamaâ??s tax plan. Because I know many of you are just thinking ROFL I WILL PAY LESS TAXES. This is actually not true. What Obama is telling you, is that he is cutting taxes from the PRE-BUSH tax cut brackets. Do you know what that means? I will tell you:

Here are the tax brackets today:

For a single tax payer:

You pay 10% taxes if your income is between $0 and $8,025 (the currently will get all taxes refunded to them)
    You pay 15% taxes if your income is between $8,025 and $32,550 (they currently pay very little in taxes)
    You pay 25% taxes if your income is between $32,550 and $78,850 (this is middle class)
    You pay 28% taxes if your income is between $78,850 and $164,550
    You pay 33% taxes if your income is between $164,550 and $357,700
    You pay 35% taxes if your income is above $357,700.

The main thing you have to pay attention to is each of these brackets. Everything else they are talking about in their tax plans will cost or save you only a couple hundred bucks. The fundamental change that will cost you the most is anything proposing a change in tax brackets.

McCain wants to keep these Bush Tax Cut brackets and make them permanent.
    Obama wants to let them expire.

Here is what it looked like pre-Bush tax cuts.

You pay 15% taxes if your income is between $0 and $26,250 (notice there is no 10% bracket and it only goes up to 26,250 instead of 32,550)
    You pay 28% taxes if your income is between $26,250 and $63,550 (notice the change in percentage from 25 to 28 and it only goes up to 63,550)
    You pay 31% taxes if your income is between $78,850 and $164,550 (up 3%)
    You pay 36% taxes if your income is between $164,550 and $357,700 (up 3%)
    You pay 39.6% taxes if your income is above $357,700. (up 4.6%)

Obama will cut taxes for many people, but he will cut them from THIS point and he wont go past the Bush tax cuts. Which means, you pay more than you do RIGHT NOW.

All the extra little stuff heâ??s and McCain are talking about wonâ??t hardly make any difference. The tax RATES are the biggest thing.

Now consider the increase on the â??wealthyâ?. He states that taxes will rise on everyoneâ??s INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURN making $250k per year or more. This is a lot of small businesses. SCorporations and Partnershipâ??s business incomes GO ON THE INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURN. So these small business owners will now have to pay more in individual taxes. 4.6% X 250k = $11,500 in extra taxes. Thatâ??s a part time salary. How is he going to make up for these extra taxes? Heâ??s going to cut that part time job.
    Who is probably making that $11,500 salary? The guy whoâ??s on the bottom of the totem pole who voted for Obama. Obama just coasted that man his job

Here is a good example of what I am trying to say:

The Scorp that made $250k probably has 4 employees. They cut 1 and lost 25% of their workforce.
    The SCorp that made $2million probably has 25 employees. They cut 3 and lost 12% of their workforce.

Multiply this across every small business. Thousands of them. You are talking massive job loss. Who do you think are going to lose those jobs? The people who were on the bottom of the totem pole with the most expendable jobs who most likely voted for Obama for some quick tax breaks.

John McCain gets my vote.

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm not much for American politics (I'm Canadian lol)

I did pay a lot of attention to the Canadian election.

Conservatives won again with 144 seats this time. (I wish they were majority).

#3 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm not much for American politics (I'm Canadian lol)

I did pay a lot of attention to the Canadian election.

Conservatives won again with 144 seats this time. (I wish they were majority).

i didnt know your also canadian, or maybe i did :thumbsup:

#4 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

lets get back on topic please....

#5 Xx Legacy xX

Xx Legacy xX

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Members+

• 818 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

i didnt know your also canadian, or maybe i did :thumbsup:

i am Canadian to, same with dark slipstream

#6 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

I vote for obama because McCain is too old to be president due to hes over 70 years old.

#7 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I vote for obama because McCain is too old to be president due to hes over 70 years old.

Im sorry and nothing against you and I like you but that was by far the dumbest reason for ever liking obama I have ever heard.
    What if I was to say Obama will be dead soon too because he is black? does that give me a reason to vote for the opposite party?

#8 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

Im sorry and nothing against you and I like you but that was by far the dumbest reason for ever liking obama I have ever heard.
    What if I was to say Obama will be dead soon too because he is black? does that give me a reason to vote for the opposite party?

Its not really a strong statement but also McCain didn't plan to be president during the beginning, But I believe in obama for presidency.

Besides, each new president always break their promises to help us. it gets worse every president term.

#9 Pargy

Pargy

WTF is a Pargy?

• VIP

• 1,466 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Whys it matter how old he is, Reagan was 70 when he got elected (1981) and he didnt die untill 2004

well if i could vote i would vote for obama, for reasons i dont feel like discussing

#10 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

Whys it matter how old he is, Reagan was 70 when he got elected (1981) and he didnt die untill 2004

well if i could vote i would vote for obama, for reasons i dont feel like discussing

Well I would really like to hear those reasons....

#11 Pargy

Pargy

WTF is a Pargy?

• VIP

• 1,466 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:24 AM

Well I would really like to hear those reasons....

Whys it matter to you?

#12 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Whys it matter to you?

Because I bet he feels strongly for politics. I vote McCain. Barack has never made one decision ever. He never voted, he always followed someone else. Whats he going to do when he needs to make a decision fast and doesn't have his cabinet to go to?

#13 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

holy s*** , theres an election going ,jesus, im wayyy out of the loop ok obama, and mcain, ill be back after i've read up ;)

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 17 October 2008 - 08:14 AM.

#14 Xx Anarchy xX♥

Xx Anarchy xX♥

Best Part of iBotModz

• Members+

• 237 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

if mccain wins im moving to canada to live with fatt

no matter what you say about obama's policies, they are 1000x better than McCain's undecided poilitics

And Sarah Palin is f*cking retarded.

#15 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

if mccain wins im moving to canada to live with fatt

i got room B)

#16 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

I can say that, I don't care who wins. It doesn't bother me, since I live in Canada (FTW).

If taxes rise in the US, who cares, now everyone is paying their fair-share from that country.
    * If you don't like taxes, move to Alberta / Saskatchewan (You only pay 6/7% GST [No PST]), and it's less taxes on your job and home owning...

If I had to vote, I would vote for the person who ONLY raises taxes on those who obviously don't need 5, 000, 000, 000$ NET Income.

#17 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

Whys it matter to you?

Because Im interested in peoples beliefs and if you want to be a little girl about it then forget it.

#18 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

As if America isn't already in the hole...

I'd vote obama.

America is in for a tough time. McCain isn't going to help one bit IMO. (I did some searching around, so don't try and rip my nuts off)

#19 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

As if America isn't already in the hole...

I'd vote obama.

America is in for a tough time. McCain isn't going to help one bit IMO. (I did some searching around, so don't try and rip my nuts off)

so what did you find Obama would do to help the country?

#20 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

so what did you find Obama would do to help the country?

His speeches are amazing. I think that Obama always makes you feel good about your self no matter what.

I find McCain scary. I don't think a government needs more military influence.

Another thing i noticed was that McCain seems to have more content. Obama doesn't have a platform does he?