• Please log in to reply
    52 replies to this topic

#1 TheMasterSnail

TheMasterSnail

No Timmy Don't Jump!

• Retired Staff

• 461 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

Ok anyone herd about that Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland that has a chance that it could cause a black whole and destroy the world?
    You think it could happen? cause i really dont want to do my science exam.... lol
    They are firing it up for a test run tomorow Wednesday 10th september 2008 lets just hope it doesn't mess up on the 11th cause that would be really bad luck!
    Posted Image

#2 trevx64

trevx64

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 211 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

not really

#3 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

yes there is a 1 in 5000000000 chance this could happen

#4 TheMasterSnail

TheMasterSnail

No Timmy Don't Jump!

• Retired Staff

• 461 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

not really

yes there is a 1 in 5000000000 chance this could happen

trex dont be so negative LOL and yeah those ods your more likely to win the lottery 3 times!

#5 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

Gall Dear havent you been researching?

there going to "Collide" atoms and first create an atmosphere then shortly after intend to make a black hole i am told that even if something were to go wrong which there in fact is a 1 in 50000000 (50 million) chance that small black holes will be made all over the planet and will consume everything within 50 years :( this will kill all life in the universe in which we live and guess what? the americans have invested already something like $534,000,000 (534 Million) dollars :l Something freaks me out by that heres a message to bush (YOUR GIANT EARS WONT PROTECT YOU FROM A BLACKHOLE),
    Finaly i have also read that they indeed already tryed this a few years ago and this is try number 2 so in my opinion we have nothing to fear :)

About the machine:

The particle collider will use 50,000 tonnes of Super cold electromagnets to accelerate tiny particles known as atoms almost at the speed of light and smash them together and create amazing amount of

They have the accuracy to hit 2 atoms together but they cant stop cars breaking down :l

^
    Yes this was indeed written by me

Edited by sillybob123♥, 09 September 2008 - 09:49 AM.

#6 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Lol, its a big blue and silver sausage!
    Im gunna be at school when it happens.
    Can i haz teh dayz off?

#7 trevx64

trevx64

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 211 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

didnt mean to be negative and good luck with ur exame lookin forward to sein and a+ pic post ur exame or send me a message i shal read since im bored

#8 doink

doink

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

what is it sopose to do?

#9 xFrEnZy♥

xFrEnZy♥

Private

• Members+

• 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

wow joe ur such a freek u have to write a whole essay about it because you want everyone to agree and praise you about it, anyway theres no way this stupid @#%$in machine is gunna destroy the world because the police or army wouldnt let them would they, i think were gunna be ok but after tht i still feel a little bit uneasy about it :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

#10 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

rofl that an essay i wanna see one of yours XD lol it was a scary thing i wanted to find stuff out !

#11 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

OMFG RUN RUN TO MA BOMB SHELTER ONLY HOT CHICKS and dan hes cool and darkslip and silly BUT BESIDES THAT THEIR THE ONLEY ONES!!!!! oh crap and melo OK HES THE LAST damnit and peachs AND THEIR CAN BE SOME REALY UGLEY GUYS SO I LOOK EVEN BETTER

#12 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

hahahaha nice post GMOF Slidell♥ and can i *** in ur BOMB SHELTER plzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Mcmodder♥, 09 September 2008 - 01:37 PM.

#13 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

there is a change something will happen a small change but there is still a chance, they said if tiny black holes do appear that they will also disapear as fast as they came, people are trying to sue LHC cause they have no proof that the black holes will disapear. im not sure is to how the court battles are going, there are very small chances that black holes will be made and even smaller chances that they will not disapear and even smaller chances that they will suck up the earth.

its spose to find new particles of matter that might show new dementions beyond the known 4, as scientists try to re-create conditions in the first billionths of a second after the "Big Bang", crashing atoms together is what is spose to cause millions of tiny black holes. But the anti-CERN Brigade accuse the scientists of playing GOD, warning that no one can guarntee that the black holes will
    survive and start to rapidly increase in size to suck the earth out of existance in an instance.

But CERN, which includes many UK scientists say that their work is vital to unlock secrets of matter that forms everythign known in the universe.

in the experement atomic particles will be fired in opposite directions alond the 17 mile long underground ring, they will travel so fast that they make 11,245 trips around the tunnel every second (thats 688194000 mph). when the particle colide they the LHC is spose to find parts of the atom called "Higgs Bosin" that are expected to exist but have never been seen.

Anyways we will see what will happen

dam i didnt know i typed that much
    Posted Image

#14 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

so what ma bomb shalter wunt help :mellow:

#15 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

nope
    i dont think we know of ways we can move black holes

there are even chances of huge black hole in space coming towards earth is that happend we wont be able to move it or contain it it will just suck everything up

but in the end it is a fact that "Man" will die out before the earth is gone, we (man/humanity) will kill our selves somehow

#16 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

ZOMG den mabey we get suck up into a new univerce and we become space faring pepeoles =D

#17 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

well im still uncomfortable than 'mankind' insists on attempting to blow up a bomb that there not sure what could do, or what could happen or what they could do when what they think might go wrong. and were are they testing this? and im still scared. Either way, i feel this is a bad idea and shouldnt be done.

#18 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

The LHC was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), and lies under the Franco-Swiss border near Geneva, Switzerland. This is where everything will happen.

#19 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

If that aint in a @#%$ing bomb shelter i'm going to be!!!!!!

#20 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

I read it on Boston.com, seems a big deal. Lets hope god doesnt let this happen.