Guide to 99 FireMaking

Table of Contents

• 1.0 - Introduction
    • 2.0 - Logs Information
    • 3.0 - Place to Train
    • 4.0 - Tips
    • 5.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

1.0 - Introduction

» If you've ever wanted a 99 stat or just want some levels or experience to bump you up on the Highscores, Firemaking is the skill for you. It's not only a simple skill, it's also comes with a pretty cape . I'll warn you ahead of time though; if you don't have a lot of patience, this will be a huge challenge. In my opinion though, it's well worth it. Here you will find my tips and tricks. That's right, tips and tricks from a real person that has actually experienced 99 Firemaking. And remember, it will be all worth it.

Posted Image

2.0 - Logs and Experience

The types of logs you choose will be crucial to the amount of money you spend and the amount of time you spend on the skill. Here, I will show you the experience tables and the estimated price for the types of logs you want and need.

»Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 1
    Experience: 40
    Members: No
    Side Notes: You can either cut these on your own or buy them yourself. Immediately go to oaks at Level 15. It will take 61 logs.
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

»Oak Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 15
    Experience: 60
    Side Notes: Buy these. It takes quite a bit to get Level 30, so I wouldn't recommend cutting your own. After 30, go straight to Willows. It will take 184 logs to get to 30.
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

»Willow Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 30
    Experience: 90
    Side Notes: Unless you plan on Firemaking and Woodcutting for YEARS, you need to buy all your logs from here on out. I got to about Level 70 through these, buying all of them. It's also an option to get 99 from these, although it's EXTREMELY SLOW and I would NOT recommend it. On the bright side, however, it is the cheapest way to 99. It takes 536 logs to get to level 45; 2,894 to level 60; 13,302 to 75; and 144,680 to 99.
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

»Maple Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 45
    Experience: 135
    Side Notes: This is probably the most popular way to 99 Firemaking. They're easy, affordable, and not overwhelming. It takes 1,573 logs to 60; 8,511 to 75; and 96,097 to 99.
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

»Yew Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 60
    Experience: 202.5
    Side Notes: Personally, if you have the money don't use the cash on these (unless you are Free to Play and want a better option than Maples). They're good and fast, but not that much better than Maples. You'll save a bundle staying away from these. It takes 4,627 logs to level 75 and 63,017 logs to 99.
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

»Magic Logs
    Posted Image
    Level Required: 75
    Experience: 303.8
    Members: Yes
    Side Notes: These are the best logs you can use in Firemaking. Unfortunately, they come at a price- a very high price. If you have enough money and want 99 Firemaking quick, these are a good option. At 303.8 experience per log, you gain 8,202.6 experience per load. That means at just 10 loads you gain 82,026 experience! From 75, it's a mere 38,921 logs to 99!
    Price Graph:
    Posted Image

3.0 - The Spots

This is probably the most important part of Firemaking. Your spots help determine how long it takes for you to achieve a Firemaking level, and how much effort you have to put into it. In this part of the guide I will list every possible place I know to show you where you can achieve your goals to become a master Firemaker.

»Falador East Bank
    You can get here by teleporting to Falador (37 Magic required) or walking here (it's west of Varrock). I got several levels here. It's a pretty good spot with many benefits. Here, even if someone else comes along, there are many lanes that you can use.
    Posted Image

»Al Kharid Duel Arena
    This is another great spot. You can get here by teleporting with the Ring of Duelling or walking from Lumbridge and using the Toll Gate. I know a lot of people who achieved 99 Firemaking here, and I gained a few levels from it. There are two major spots.
    Posted Image

»The Grand Exchange
    This seems to be a popular spot nowadays. Lately I've met many people who've recently got 99 Firemaking here. It seems like a great spot, and it's very convenient for buying logs. There are 4 good spots here, which is also a plus. The only problem is that almost every world I've checked, someone is already there.
    Posted ImagePosted Image

»Varrock West Bank
    This is where I got most of my levels. It's definately my favorite spot (when it's not busy). I stayed here from about 85-99. There are 3 spots to try, but I recommend the top one and bottom one in the picture. You can get every log in these lanes, whereas in the second lane you have to move up to light a single log.
    Posted Image

»The Rogue's Den
    This is also another popular spot. It's another great spot, and I went from 70-85 here. This is a great spot, but seems to be a bit more crowded than Varrock.
    Posted Image

4.0 - Tips and Tricks
    So far in the guide I have given you almost all I can. Almost. In this section, I will give you the last tips and tricks that can help you in the long run with Firemaking.
    »Positioning Your Bank
    One of the best things you can do during Firemaking is putting your logs in the top right corner of your bank. This means that there's no more bank scrolling for you, and you can easily remember where your logs are and access them quickly!
    Posted Image

»The "Startup"
    Starting up is your enemy. You don't want to have to do this at all more than once in one inventory of logs. It wastes time and is your enemy.
    Posted Image

»Clanchat
    This is a big help. It can keep you from having to keep starting up after everytime you have to send a reply back to your friend via PM. Personally, I used Clanchat to talk to my friends while Firemaking. It was convenient, and I never had to start up.
    Posted Image

»Pyrelords(46 Summoning) and Forge Regents(76 Summoning)
    Although I haven't heard much about these (or even used them for that matter), I have done some research, and thanks to evil dog191, I have learned that these count as a tinderbox, and give 10 experience bonus per log you light. This could mean a significant amount of time taken away from you to get 99 Firemaking! To light a log, just use it on them. (Note: You cannot do this at the Grand Exchange due to the fact that familiars cannot go in there.)
    Posted ImagePosted Image

»Quests
    • Quests that include Firemaking experience include:
    • Heroes' Quest- 1575 experience
    • Darkness of Hallowvale- 2000-6000 experience (Tome of Experience)
    • A Fairy Tale Part II- 2500 experience (Lamp)
    • An Enlightened Journey- 4000 experience
    • The Great Brain Robber- 5000 experience (Blessed Lamp)
    • King's Ransom- 5000 experience
    • Enakhra's Lament- 7000 experience
    • One Small Favour- 10,000 to 20,000 (Two lamps granting 10,000 experience each to a skill above 30)
    • As a First Resort- 15,000 experience
    • Recipe for Disaster (Lamp can be used on a skill over 50)

5.0 - Frequently.Asked.Questions

Q: Can you tell me how much experience per hour I will gain with each log?
    » A: No, I'm sorry, I cannot. Due to the fact that the experience per hour depends on the commitment of the player and how fast their internet is, the experience could vary greatly. I wouldn't want to lead someone in the wrong direction.

Q: What Logs you think is best for me to get 99?
    »A. Burn Willow from Level 30 until 85 and Buy Maples and burn til 99

Edited by L337 Box, 06 September 2008 - 02:56 AM.

#2 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

Nice guide but who in there right mind would burn magic logs?

#3 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

woodburning is an expensive skill.

#4 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Not really, I can get to 99 with like 4mill.

#5 Decatur

Decatur

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

i only have 4k atm...=[

#6 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

yea if you are really patient then you can pay about 4m for it by only buying willows

#7 Decatur

Decatur

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

gimme 4m and ill be quiet rofl