•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Fable 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 AltairZero

AltairZero

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hey Everyone,

I know, I know, it's been such a long time since the first Fable came out, and then after that, the expansion "The Lost Chapters (TLC)" had finally came out. Now, we are awaiting one of the biggest RPG titles of 2008, Fable 2! There has been a lot of chatter, fake topics, and flaming about when it will be released, but after watching G3 2008, I have seen that Fable 2's release date is October 2008. The game that has been delayed for so long is finally coming out, and it's not that far away.

It would be a good idea to pre-order the game now, because you do NOT wanna just go in there the first day and get it, it's gonna be packed! I will list some of the new features for Fable 2:

* Making the Character feel deeply towards himself and the world around him.

Link To Source

"Making people feel like they are truly emotionally engaged. That is far, far more important than any feature I can suggest," he said. "Far more important than technology. Far more important than storyline...It's not just 'wow, my gun can fire 500 bullets rather than 400 bullets,'â?¦ it's 'wow, I've just shot someone, and that person relied on me or cared about me in this game,' and making you feel like you really have shot someone. That's what I think is more important. That's what I think as a designer I should be thinking about."

* More mature ambiance.

Link to Source (Disabled)

* Has to be stunningly beautiful both in outdoor areas as well as darkly beautiful.

[url="http://url="http://news.spong.com/article/10506?cb=546"]Link to Source[/url]

* Much more room for exploration.

"The world definitely is much bigger and it also feels better," Charlton explains, "There are more things to do within each area and we absolutely have to make them interesting and absorbing. Too many times have I spent playing RPGâ??s set in vast barren wastelands. Fable 2 retains the Fable 1 organic, intimate feel, while giving players tons to explore and discover. We are really trying to pack the world with exploration, interaction and secrets."

* More influence while being either rich or poor.

Link to Source

Engine:

* Lionhead uses its own inhouse engine, codenamed "Lionhead Engine".

Link to Source

* Lionhead will be using the Kynapse navigation engine for the utility of physics during the production of Fable 2.

Link to Source

"With Kynapse, Non Player Characters can move around in any 3D dynamic world, understand their environment, hide, communicate, cooperate, drive vehicles, etc."

* Height maps are being used.

"Think of water levels rising and opening new (higher positioned) locations that were inaccessible earlier. Or think a big hole in the ground that you can fall into."

The storyline:

* Fable 2 will be taking place 500 years after the events in Fable & Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Link to Source

* Lucien is the antagonist of Fable 2.

Link to Source

* During the game lifespan, Lucien tries to build a 50 mile (80.47 kilometer) tower.

Link to Source

* You will age over 50 years.

Link to Source

* Your sister is kidnapped at the beginning of the story.

Link to Source

"If the characters in Fable one were â??yokelâ??, Fable 2â??s are â??highwaymanâ??. You start life in the slums. In fact the opening sequence follows a bird soaring over the land, into your city. And then the bird shits. And the camera follows the s*** down, down, and it finally lands on the head of your character, a small child, scum in the cityâ??s gutter. Your character has a wonderful unconditional love for its sister, but sheâ??s taken away from you mysteriously early into the story. Itâ??s here I should also introduce Lucien, as the baddie of the piece. Lucien is engaged in building a 50-mile high tower, which he constructs through the 50-year story. Your characterâ??s quest for a sword will sooner or later bring him into contact with Lucien."

So far this is all I could find, but if you can get any more information, please post it, and I will update the topic.

I hope you get a chance to look at Fable 2 and it's exciting new release.

Thanks,

Altair