• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

I want to extend my knowlege and creativity by learning how to create/edit pictures. This would be a great asset for my next year. I was hoping to earn more respect by being apart of a higher team. More than that, I wanted to learn how to create/edit pictures. For family get-togethers (picture improvement), homework or just signatures for anything in general.

I have basic knowledge of photoshop editing,
    I am a quick learner,
    I do not complain,
    My best skill is to learn something new.

I wanted to be apart of the GFX Team to learn/contribute ideas and creations to the community. I am only active on this forum, and I might as well extend what I can do, since I barely do anything during the summer.

I am and will be on 3+ days a week, regardless of my time frame (can stay up all night, every night! ), im currently going to download Photoshop, if any other Adobe product works, let me know I have them all on disc.

I have basic knowledge of photoshop, because of my school teacher, and one of my friends. I hope i can become active with the GFX Team, and learn from you guys.

I really hope i learn something from this.

Sincerely,

Dark Slipstream

#2 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

i'm pretty sure u need to post some of your work.

#3 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

Clearly you didn't read my post.

I requested GFX to be apart of the team. MeLo agreed to help me learn photoshop, and how to edit pictures along the way. I can do basic stuff, crop/basic editing/some effects.

#4 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

i clearly did read the post, and like every other application it was needed to show some of your work.

We might as well put bigjoe in gfx. i need to see some work be4 i say yes, sorry.

#5 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

I requested GFX to be apart of the team. MeLo agreed to help me learn photoshop, and how to edit pictures along the way. I can do basic stuff, crop/basic editing/some effects.

im sorry man but you dont join the GFX team then get good at it. you get trainning before you join then when the team belives your ready to join then they will let you. so yes dice was right. and yes i did read your post, 3 times infact to make sure i wasnt missing anything. its fine to get help from the GFX team but just because your interested doesnt mean you get on. its a well writen application though. good job and i hope you do leartn some stuff and become part of the team. i plan on it too sometime.

#6 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

im sorry man but you dont join the GFX team then get good at it. you get trainning before you join then when the team belives your ready to join then they will let you. so yes dice was right. and yes i did read your post, 3 times infact to make sure i wasnt missing anything. its fine to get help from the GFX team but just because your interested doesnt mean you get on. its a well writen application though. good job and i hope you do leartn some stuff and become part of the team. i plan on it too sometime.

Why not? Im only joining because I only hang out with friends or work during the summer. This just gives me something else to do.

With me, if i want to make/do something i'll do it. But being part of GFX literally tells me that I HAVE TO DO IT. not just a hobby where it comes and goes. I don't show initiative unless i have something that pushes me to do it.

#7 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

Slipstream, we cannot just let u in because you want to. You need to be at lease Novice or Intermediate. The GFX team can help you get better, but we're not just going to let you in. Please just accept that.

#8 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Why not? Im only joining because I only hang out with friends or work during the summer. This just gives me something else to do.

With me, if i want to make/do something i'll do it. But being part of GFX literally tells me that I HAVE TO DO IT. not just a hobby where it comes and goes. I don't show initiative unless i have something that pushes me to do it.

it cant be that important if the only time your going to put any real effort into it is when you need a specific requirment to do it. im sorry man, not trying to be mean but the only way to prove your going to be good or active is if you show us some evidence. it doesnt really matter it it says your GFX you still have the same amout of freedom to do GFX things. the way this team works, on this site, is you can join when you can show you have skill or potential and you can get the current team to agree and vote for you. if your detimind to be on the team let that be your motovation to get good, learn more bout GFX, and show us what you got. im willing to help in amyway i can if you need it.

#9 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I didn't want to be the one to tell you. Thats why Melo has some talking to do. Hes banning random dudes and giving GFX to people.

You weren't here, but the application for our old site was pictures of work. You need to do stuff then join.