•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Fearzone (One of the most playable mods)

• Please log in to reply
    13 replies to this topic

#1 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

FEARZONE PART 1

This is probably one of the most playable maps. It doesn't contain host only things, etc.

This is an extremely hard obstacle course which you have to beat in 90 seconds. I'll share the map soon (maybe today) in a custom game lobby. (I'll post more info later)

This is an extremely difficult obstacle course and is pretty much cheat-proof. (Well, I know 1 secret shortcut, but it's hard to do)

I wanted it to be longer, but I ran out of money. So I'll be making part 2, part 3, etc.

Yes, this map uses interlocking and other advanced Forge techniques.

Yes, I know in the first room, a row of trip mines are missing. I don't know why, but it isn't a big deal.

=====================================
    SCREENSHOTS
    Floating Platforms of Death
    Hallways of Doom (Part 1)
    Hallways of Doom (Part 2)
    Break Area (For Scenery)
    Connector 2
    Mongoose of Terror (Ran out of budget here)
    =====================================
    VIDEO
    Fileshare
    YouTube Coming Soon

#2 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

So when r u releasing it, and for a next playable mod, make a racetrack out of mods like slipstorm did.

#3 LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 422 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

Glad your releasing it, hopefully you will just put it on your share for an hour or something, but interlocking is not an "advanced" forging technique, its standard. Geo merging would be more like an advanced technique

#4 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Glad your releasing it, hopefully you will just put it on your share for an hour or something, but interlocking is not an "advanced" forging technique, its standard. Geo merging would be more like an advanced technique

Take a close look at the first screenshot. What do you see? Yes! The starting point is merged halfway into the ground!

Also, I'll start a custom games lobby and leave it on for like 1 hour so people can come in and save it. I'll kick people who stay there too long to let more people in.

#5 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Alternatively you can download the file share video, watch it, go to recent maps and hit "x"...

#6 T3A guy

T3A guy

:)

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

-_-

#7 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

cool, but people should stop taking credit for making playable mods.

I was the FIRST and ONLY creator of the first 5 PLAYABLE mods.

Halo WarsÃ?â??Ã?¤ I
    Supply DepotÃ?â??Ã?¤
    Halo WarsÃ?â??Ã?¤ II
    Halo WarsÃ?â??Ã?¤ III (In the making)
    X-Treme RaceÃ?â??Ã?¤

#8 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

What's wrong with making playable mods? And, I believe Obstacle course mod easy/hard was the first. No offense.

Also, I just told people I just made a playable mod. Is that so wrong?

#9 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

Just a heads up, your fileshare vid is still up...people can still download the mod.

And Dark Slipstream, He's not taking credit for anything. So you made some playable modz (May I point out I've only seen one of which publicly available, and the forge-work on it generally blew *no offense*), that doesn't me you're the only one who CAN. You should be glad other people are joining the boat for competitive modding, the more the better.

And he's at least decent with The Forge. MBY not forgehub featured (judging just by this map) but everything is set up good and pleasing to the eye.

If you're looking to pick a fight, Nuklear may not be the right person to do so with.

Or, alternatively, if you just posted that so you and your map(s) could be in the spotlight, then that was just a little rude.

Speaking of which, sorry if I'm coming off a little rude here, but speaking my mind and mixing in emotion is a very daunting task to pull off thru cyberspace. Perhaps if I could see more of your modding my views may change

#10 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Who cares if my fileshare vid is still up? You can't play on the map. Can you?

#11 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

You can save the map to your harddrive.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I've done it with other mods and it works just fine.

EditZ: Wait...it really depends on if you saved the whole film or just a film clip. If it's just a film clip, the forge con file isn't downloaded and all the information is in the theatre con file; however if you saved the whole film it downloads the forge file and loads it up to start the game, and then adds the map to your recent maps list.

#12 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

You can save the map to your harddrive.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I've done it with other mods and it works just fine.

EditZ: Wait...it really depends on if you saved the whole film or just a film clip. If it's just a film clip, the forge con file isn't downloaded and all the information is in the theatre con file; however if you saved the whole film it downloads the forge file and loads it up to start the game, and then adds the map to your recent maps list.

Holy crap. That's amazing, man. I saved it as a clip. Damn it. I wish I hadn't.

#13 illusive

illusive

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

this sounds cool i play it whenever i get my xbox back and when you release it

#14 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

Just got my ghost town mod on my 360 with thanks to blacklabelfosho for sata'ing it. =P

I'll release this map and my other mods along with tons of other people's mods on my Friday Mods Showcase event. xD