Level reset ?

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

?¢â??¬???Second accounters,?¢â??¬? for folks who don?¢â??¬â??¢t know, are people who?¢â??¬â??¢ve created new Xbox Live accounts for the purpose of leveling quickly (or releveling, period) in Halo 3. The theory being that they can blaze their way through leveling up, progressing faster than they are on their ?¢â??¬???main?¢â??¬? (an account with a high amount of games played).

Sure, we care about the experience that people are having in Matchmaking, but in terms of actual violations there aren?¢â??¬â??¢t any wrongs being committed by creating a new Xbox Live Gold account and re-leveling. Sure, there?¢â??¬â??¢s some discomfort for other players on the way up as these high leveled-players steamroll through lower ranks, but getting whomped on or throwing someone a fierce beatdown in Halo 3 isn?¢â??¬â??¢t ?¢â??¬???cheating.?¢â??¬? Losing is almost always unpleasant, we understand that. Because these new accounts get accelerated through the ranks, the harsh whomping period is pretty short. If you?¢â??¬â??¢re in Team Slayer facing a team of level 45 Captains and you and your Brigadier/General brosephs get housed ?¢â??¬â?? you got yours. Take it like a hero.

The Banhammer isn't designed to detect new accounts leveling quickly. What the Banhammer is designed to detect (and punish) are attempts to illicitly manipulate the network or matchmaking systems. However, we?¢â??¬â??¢ve seen some pretty questionable behavior involving people are leveling faster than they should be via chicanery that is affecting other players' experiences ?¢â??¬â?? and negatively affecting the others' experience is the high sign that the Banhammer should be pulled off of the shelf, like your Dad's favorite hunting rifle. We?¢â??¬â??¢re looking into these cases and if wrongs are being done, punishment will be swift and justice will be final.

And on the heels of that?¢â??¬?¦

SpudMuffin: I want to sit down and spend a bunch of days to get my rank up, but I'm starting to hear a lot of rumors about a level reset. Can you give the official word - will a level reset happen, or no?

I think there could be a level reset coming up

#2 fadingshadow122

fadingshadow122

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 185 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

If they reset levels i would be PISSED OFF! It has taken me FOREVER to get my rank of Major Grade 3 and there is no way in hell i'm havin it reset. so bungie would probably do whats best and NOT reset ranks

#3 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

a level reset? oh god. so would it take me forever to level back up?

#4 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

ummmmm cool i guess ????

#5 austinbomber

austinbomber

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 78 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

dang level reset that would burn

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 272 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

A reset would be awesome. Everyone would finally stop whining about no being able to go up.

#7 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

lol, i would be pissed if i was one of those guys who has like 12k xp

#8 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

i would love the idea..

if they dropped down my rank to 0, by reducing exp.. i would make a 50 alot faster than what im trying to do now.. lol, i just want the 50 so i have something to brag about

I heard they drop ure rank if you do a specific type of cheating oO