•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Microsoft 'Cloud' Will Quadruple Power of XBOX ONE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 iBotModz_Bot

iBotModz_Bot

Brigadier Grade 3

• Bots

• 2,985 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

For ever XBONE you buy, there will be THREE more in the 'Cloud' waiting just for you!

Some were saying score is PS4 = XB1, but now it seems its PS4 = XB4 as the magical dust in the sky called a 'Cloud' makes your XBOX super-almighty-powerful enough to rain billions of bits onto you!

Xbox-Scene

So I was at a ball game this weekend, and after hearing the news of how powerful the CLOUD makes my XB1, I decided to see getting a nice bat, I launched my XB1 into the sky, and it went into the Clouds to get all more powerful and almighty, but I forgot it needs to be connected to the 'net to do so, so it ended up crashing and smashing into little bits of bytes of plastic.

According to Jeff Henshaw, group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping, the cloud's muscle means that your Xbox One isn't, effectively, an Xbox One, but an Xbox Three. See what I did there, etc.

"We're provisioning for developers for every physical Xbox One we build, we're provisioning the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox Ones on the cloud," he said. "We're doing that flat out so that any game developer can assume that there's roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game, so they can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players. They can do that out of the gate."

According to Xbox Live corporate VP Marc Whitten, the manufacturer actually dialled back development of Xbox 360's successor till it was confident that it could deliver a genuine technological leap.

"Frankly a lot of people have said 'hey, stuff looks pretty cool on Xbox 360 - do we need more power?" he told OXM. "Is my TV going to be powerful enough?' And in fact, until we found that we'd got to a place where the stories could be different, the experience could be different, we didn't want to ship a next generation console.

"We've been using the Xbox 360 to continue to revive the experience, to go deeper. But it is clear that with power the types of stories you can do are fundamentally different."

So in other words, even tho the XBONE by itself is much more powerful then the original XB360 you don't have to worry as games will be CLOUD POWERED and therefore there will never by any limits to what can be done, as long as you stay online, and we keep the servers running, and developers have some idea how to use it, you might never ever need to buy another console, ONE IS FOREVER POWERFUL!

News-Source: Xbox One specs are boosted by the equivalent of three Xbox Ones in the cloud (via) OXM

View the full article