• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Something odd is going on over at Bioware. Earlier this week they said that they would reveal a new game at the Spike TV Video Game Awards. Then a small clip of a new game appeared in a trailer for the Spike TV Video Game Award with Bioware’s name on it. On top of all that, they’ve just Tweeted a couple of mysterious images which might somehow contain encoded within it the name of the upcoming game. Put on your best deducing hat, all the clues are assembled below.

Item one: a short clip of video, teasing the announcement at the upcoming Spike TV Video Game Awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9csGJyN8g

http://www.pcgamer.c...tease-new-game/

First image:
    Posted Image

Uncoded
    “001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101″ = “55.845″ (the atomic number of Iron)

Second image:
    Posted Image

Uncoded
    “0010110100110001001100100011100000101110001101011011000001000110″ = “-128.5°F” (the lowest recorded surface temp. on earth)

Posted Image
    I assume it will be a Mass Effect game because the rifle he's holding looks similar to an Incisor rifle. And I assume it will be an FPS because documents were leaked awhile ago that Bioware/EA were looking for multiplayer programmers. I don't feel like looking for them. Alright I found it. I spoil you guys. With facts that support my theories. Well hypotheses. Theory implies I've done testing. I can't get to my lab, damn bookcase is jammed.

What I think it is.
    Mass Effect: First Contact. Multuplayer/Single player FPS.

Single Player: Maybe the protagonist is Zaeed. A squadmate from ME2. He was in the Alliance during the first contact war.
    Multiplayer: Heavily inspired by BFBC and BFBC2. One side plays as humans on side plays as turians. Full vehicular combat, large maps and biotics/tech powers. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I fully expect to be wrong. But none of you ******s are going to read this. You never read these and I put literally minutes of work into them.

*Also you are now aware that the guy in the teaser has a massive neck and ear. Presumably ears.

Edited by Slidell, 17 November 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

FFFFFUUUU I read it

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

The first two clues (plus a Mass Effect rifle) point to Aequitas, a planet in Mass Effect 2 known for its "Iron Canyons" and a surface temperature of -128.5F (-89C).

It was also the site of a sidemission, N7: Abandoned Mine in which a Reaper indoctrination device turned a research team into husks & abominations.

So maybe no ME First Contact. Sad face

Wait, Wait. The temperature was recorded in Vostok, Antarctica. There’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. DAMN YOU BIOWARE AND YOUR CONFLICTING INTEL!

Edited by Slidell, 17 November 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#4 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

The first two clues (plus a Mass Effect rifle) point to Aequitas, a planet in Mass Effect 2 known for its "Iron Canyons" and a surface temperature of -128.5F (-89C).

It was also the site of a sidemission, N7: Abandoned Mine in which a Reaper indoctrination device turned a research team into husks & abominations.

So maybe no ME First Contact. Sad face

Wait, Wait. The temperature was recorded in Vostok, Antarctica. There’s a system in Mass Effect 1 called Vostok. DAMN YOU BIOWARE AND YOUR CONFLICTING INTEL!

O_o

#5 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

He should be black and eat watermelon and kfc while listening to rap music. Just sayin.

Edited by gruntmods, 17 November 2010 - 06:46 PM.