• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

Microsoft has listed the standalone Kinect kit at $149.99, going some way to confirming the price point that's cropped up across retail sites over the past week.

A page on Microsoft's official store reveals the price point alongside a slew of technical specifications as well as listing what the $149.99 gets you. The pack includes the 640 x 480 camera as well as a wi-fi extension cable and a power supply cable. If you've less than 6 feet spare in your living room/gaming dungeon you need not apply as this is what's listed as required to get Kinect up and running.

Microsoft has been contacted to verify the listing and confirm how it'll translate to EU, UK and AU. Is $149.99 too much or is this in line with what you're willing to pay for Kinect? There's a comments field below: use it.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1100864p1.html

Personally, I'm not getting this for a while, $150 is just too much money.

#2 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

Personally, I'm not getting this.

#3 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Personally I think this is shit....Eye Toy done it, Hentai games done it.... Flash games even done it.

#4 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

I think if its used with games and not as a complete replacement for a controller than it might work better

more of how Fable 3 is doing it and using it for their "Touch" feature

so for FPSs you can hold the controller with one hand and start punching the enemy to death then when done you just hold the controller like normal again