• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 Dog5point0

Dog5point0

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

Lets take a look back in time to the days of halo 3 usermap modding before the con resigners were public. We would buy a signer and feel so good about our selfs, we would open up johnson and hxd and make a gay little tag swap that had no point AT ALL and think it was so kool and show all our friends this was when the community was only in the 100's and people didnt use modding as a business. Once the resigner was public everyone wanted one and everyone was modding this was when modding exploded. After some time people started modding the Call of Duty games and their profiles to make their gamerscore higher, people sell these editors for 100's of dollars and are modding achievements for 100's of dollars. They sell mods to cheat in call of duty and other games but why? its only a number and a rank on a game.... think what will the non modders think when your in cod 4 flying? would you like it, i know i wouldnt. Modding as turned into Hacking and Money making and its ********, it used to be fun to play mods with your friends but now you cant go on MW2 for a day without getting into a modded game and its dumb it ruins the gameplay, or if you find someone who you get in an online fight with chances are that you will be DOSED and thats not fun at all or if you download a program it may phish you or infect you with a bot and thats even dumber. I would love to see modding to go back to the old days of fun and NOT money making and hacking.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

I did make a ranting post somewhere, that the community focus pretty much is about the money now.

FYI to anyone. I haven't got profit on this site, since 08. All money went back into it, whether it be server payments, domain renewals, new mod purchases, or the IPB renewal charge.

#3 Kurrupted Ninja

Kurrupted Ninja

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 195 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

everything changed :(

#4 slasherking823

slasherking823

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 152 posts