• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Alright so I'm working on a program and I'm designing a spash screen for it. I was wondering how people made the text change colors like in this program during the splash scren: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DRqwou0rG90

I'm also writing this in Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.

After I write a lot of tutorials for other people, it would be nice if someone were to do the same for me.

Edited by lostmodz26, 15 July 2009 - 11:47 AM.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

I might be blind, but I never saw the colors change during the splash screen.

Otherwise I would generate random values for RGB, then increase them by 1 per second, till it hits 255 then start back at 0, it would be a rainbow. Or continue to just do random numbers for the RGB values.

#3 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

I might be blind, but I never saw the colors change during the splash screen.

Otherwise I would generate random values for RGB, then increase them by 1 per second, till it hits 255 then start back at 0, it would be a rainbow. Or continue to just do random numbers for the RGB values.

At 1:13 in the video the colors change during the splash screen. I noticed that he was using Timers, and I'm a real noob at VB, but could anyone give me any code to do that?

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

Make a timer and set its interval to like 500, so .5 of a second. Inside the tick event of that timer put like

userTextBox.ForeColor = Color.Green;
    timer1.Disabled = true;

Then that timer is done and it returns back to the portion of the code where you call another color and what not. He only had 3 colors (Black -> Pink -> Red -> Yellow) so just use 3 timers. If you really want a rainbow just do what I said before.

#5 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

Make a timer and set its interval to like 500, so .5 of a second. Inside the tick event of that timer put like

userTextBox.ForeColor = Color.Green;
    timer1.Disabled = true;

Then that timer is done and it returns back to the portion of the code where you call another color and what not. He only had 3 colors (Black -> Pink -> Red -> Yellow) so just use 3 timers. If you really want a rainbow just do what I said before.

Thanks.

+REP