• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 millertime17

millertime17

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

It's been a while since I've visited the forums here at iBotmodz. Anyway, I have done
    quite a bit of research on the problem at hand, and have come up dry in relation to
    solutions.

I have been playing my 360 for a long time now, past warranty deadline, and all has
    been fine. Up until now, that is. My box has given me the error, "Unplayable Disc". My
    360 refuses to spin the disc that is in the drive. I have taken apart my console in order
    to perform a repair, however.. all that I have attempted has failed.

I don't know what else to do. Is there a belt on the CD-ROM that spins the disc, that is now
    broken? Can someone help me fix this situation.

Please, don't give me links to videos off of Youtube or any other video source of how to fix
    the magnet that holds the disc in place, because that is not the problem. THE DISC JUST
    WONT SPIN.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

Okay your magnet atop the Samsung drive has detached. Did you noticed at all a screeching noise before the drive suddenly died?

I've never done the repair as in my 360 is still in Warranty, but I would link you to a YouTube video, but guess not.

I'll look around and try to find a text tutorial.

#3 millertime17

millertime17

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

My 360 never had a lot of noise coming from it before the thing took a s***.
    Oh well, I ended up taking apart the Xbox and the DVD-Drive and I just play
    it naked - the Xbox, not me. Haha.

Thanks though, man. Been a while since I've been on here...