•  

• iBotModz CBox

Quinn's Content

There have been 259 items by Quinn (Search limited from 14-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#128811 How many people play minecraft?

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 03:25 PM in Minecraft

wish you could :( i like peaches server, but being a noob player, its to developed for me to be of any use. i need a blank canvas to work with for me to be of any use. and itd be more fun for me :(

I have the hardware to build a dedicated server, but I simply don't have the internet to do so. I was looking at hosting, and unfortunately it is simply out of the question for me to pay by the month for one, its too much.
    The price I saw for a VPS was around $40 a month.
    However, that's ridiculous, so I wouldn't ever do that. I saw these prices at on the Minecraft forums:
    Posted Image 3 players - 128mb RAM : $2.95/mo.
    Posted Image 5 players - 256mb RAM: $7/mo.
    Posted Image 10 players - 640MB RAM: $14/mo.
    Posted Image 15 players - 640MB RAM: $21/mo.

^If someone (or multiple someones) would be willing to split/help with the costs, I would manage it. If anyone is interested in splitting/helping with the costs, I will shop around for the best deal. I could also explore the option of regular web hosting, and setting one up on that (more work, but maybe worth it in the long run)

#128820 How many people play minecraft?

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 07:15 PM in Minecraft

5 player one looks ok ish. though i cant talk. i cant afford anything :( saving for a car

It would be more like donate what you can, not a fixed amount per month. I just don't know if I can pay my bills with another monthly charge

I can take away the give command :p

This is one of the most vanilla public servers you'll find. Almost everyone runs buhkit or something. Go wander in a direction, (not too far). Otherwise you blow up my mapsize, then grow the file, then cost me more bandwidth. Then start your own little area. The intention of our world was to flatten a massive area and create a city, but that failed.

I enjoy the give command because I want to build stuff. Your server really isn't survival, because the zombies/creepers etc. don't come around often, unless you are in an unlit area. I like making exotic places, hence the request for the give command. (if I just wanted to make my castle bigger with cobblestone, I would mine it :p)
    On a different note, I would definatly be able to help build a city (if you wanted to), but we should plan it out first, like what type of city? (Old style, modern?)

#128821 Halo Chess Now A Reality

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 07:19 PM in 360 News

What was wrong with playing real chess?

#128826 Looking for Cheap Custom Builds

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 09:23 PM in Computers

EDIT: Should I trust a PSU that comes with a case?

No, because they are the cheap no-name ones.

#128827 Halo Chess Now A Reality

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 09:25 PM in 360 News

Whats wrong with racing warthogs when theres 104930123 racing games?

They are two completely different things IMO

#128829 Looking for Cheap Custom Builds

Posted by Quinn on 13 April 2011 - 09:56 PM in Computers

The second motherboard you have listed, the MSI, is the same one another user (connorss) has. We have had some issues with it, mainly the "OC Genie" (automatic overclocking, not good, it makes the system unstable)
    I think that was the only real issue, and luckily it can be disabled. If he sees this then he can expand on what I've said.

#128841 How many people play minecraft?

Posted by Quinn on 14 April 2011 - 03:35 PM in Minecraft

a mod that lets you give yourself items I assume.

No, its in the vanilla game, it allows you to give yourself items/blocks (making building easier)

#128842 Looking for Cheap Custom Builds

Posted by Quinn on 14 April 2011 - 03:36 PM in Computers

Well I have absolutely no idea how to overclock but it shouldn't be that hard (???)

And considering I have the option for getting a $90 motherboard and $110 processor for $30 less, then I'll just choose that.

This may be the final decision right here!

Overclocking is not hard, what is hard is getting a stable overclock.

#128854 How many people play minecraft?

Posted by Quinn on 15 April 2011 - 01:24 PM in Minecraft

how would i use it?

in the chat, type /give *item id* *amount* (or !give, one of the two should work)
    ^That's only for multiplayer, for single player you need a mod (single player commands, I believe) to use it.

#128867 [Insert Topic Title]

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 07:00 AM in Off-Topic

bleep bloop

#128868 President of Czech Republic Václav Klaus Steals a pen.

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 07:05 AM in Off-Topic

Its so great to know we can count on you for the most bizarre news of the day, thank Slidell, you make my day.

#128869 Post your dream game. DO EET NAO!

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 07:08 AM in General Discussion

Halo but with massive battles. 100v100. tanks, pelicans, phantoms, hogs. The kind of battles you have in halo wars but from a first person aspect only. :unworthy:

Battlefield with mods? And on PC, because those pussy consoles can't handle that many players ;)

YES

I concur.

#128874 Post your dream game. DO EET NAO!

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 07:40 AM in General Discussion

just wait till all consoles have dual quad cores with 24 gb ram and 1gbps is the standard home connection.

Yeah right, maybe in 10+ years

just wait till all consoles have dual quad cores with 24 gb ram and 1gbps is the standard home connection.

Yeah right, maybe in 10+ years

#128880 Post your dream game. DO EET NAO!

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 12:58 PM in General Discussion

Banned for double posting.
    oops wrong thread :p

laggy ibotmodz

Banned for thinking it was the sites fault, and not my horrible, horrible overcharging, monopoly-riding ISP :(

#128881 Geohot VS Sony = OVER

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 01:06 PM in PS3 News

Geohot should have won completely, but oh well.

#128883 Scythe Ultra Kaze Fan review

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 01:20 PM in Computers

You may have seen my recent status saying that I bought 8 new fans. Well, they came a few days back and I figured I would do a quick write up for them, hopefully someone finds this post useful.

Pros:
    These fans push 133.6 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is a pretty respectable number for a 120mm fan. Even when slowed down by a fan controller to ~50%, they are more powerful than the stock fans in my case (Antec DF-85). Relatively cheap for such a powerful fan. Comes with its own screws and molex adapter.

Cons:
    Its thick. Very thick for a 120mm fan, being 38mm. When they are on full, they are very, very loud. It was almost unbearable for me, and I have 2 GTX 480s (very loud cards when the fan ramps up). Because of their thickness, I had to do some DUI work to my case.

Conclusion:
    The Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm fan is a very powerful fan, more than capable of keeping most high end systems cool. However, because of its noise, a fan controller is highly recommended (thank god I have one). The thickness is an issue in some computer cases, so make sure you measure to make sure you have enough room. Overall, they are great fans, but know what you are buying. I'll add some pictures later on.

(Written by Quinn originally for ibotmodz.net, re-posting terms can be found on my profile page)

#128884 Shadow Complex Debug Camera

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 01:21 PM in JTAGs / DEVs

I check file integrity so I can avoid Korupt Data ;)

#128887 Scythe Ultra Kaze Fan review

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 01:34 PM in Computers

Yeah, you really do need a fan controller with these, unless you keep your PC in another room :p

#128888 Dear ISP, I hate you.

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 02:18 PM in Off-Topic

No wonder I was lagging hardcore in minecraft...
    Posted Image

Notice it says slower than 98% of Canada. Thats because that 2% has dial up (yeah, and I have "high speed"). fml

#128892 Dear ISP, I hate you.

Posted by Quinn on 16 April 2011 - 08:06 PM in Off-Topic

I'm hoping that the other high speed companies are coming soon, they provide service to people a few mins down the road

#128900 The most badass dog you've never heard of.

Posted by Quinn on 17 April 2011 - 07:43 AM in Off-Topic

Thats one smart dog...

#128907 Dear ISP, I hate you.

Posted by Quinn on 17 April 2011 - 06:33 PM in Off-Topic

As soon as TekSavvy is available, I'm going with them. However, until then...

#128909 im new

Posted by Quinn on 17 April 2011 - 06:48 PM in Introductions / Goodbyes

Welcome :)

#128912 Scythe Ultra Kaze Fan review

Posted by Quinn on 17 April 2011 - 07:03 PM in Computers

I keep mine in narnia... ;)

I used too... then I stopped being a noob :p

#128915 Dear ISP, I hate you.

Posted by Quinn on 17 April 2011 - 07:41 PM in Off-Topic

DSL or cable?

honesty, at this point I don't even care.