•  

• iBotModz CBox

Quinn's Content

There have been 259 items by Quinn (Search limited from 08-June 23)

Sort by                Order  

#130284 Halo Anniversary Gameplay

Posted by Quinn on 08 July 2011 - 10:03 AM in Halo CE Anniversary

halo 4 will be "the first in a new trilogy of master chief"... ohhhhh yeaaaah

Wait what?

#130283 Steam Name exchange :D

Posted by Quinn on 08 July 2011 - 10:02 AM in Steam

Wait time out your steam id is your account name right?

#130282 Hello There :D

Posted by Quinn on 08 July 2011 - 10:01 AM in Introductions / Goodbyes

Herro

#130281 Coorperations controlling the world

Posted by Quinn on 08 July 2011 - 09:03 AM in General Discussion

<3 these videos

#130279 Internet speeds

Posted by Quinn on 08 July 2011 - 08:28 AM in Off-Topic

Mines too slow to complete the speed test :(
    It just kinda freezes part way through. How's that for shitty?

#130260 STUXNET

Posted by Quinn on 07 July 2011 - 07:48 PM in General Discussion

country, not computer

Sorry, like I said I didn't watch the video :p
    Advice still stands though ;)

******* awesome. I can't wait for the inevitable AI vs AI war and then the AI vs Human war that will follow, and then the AI/Human hybrid vs Alien war that will follow that.

erm... I can, I like my life just the way it is!

#130253 STUXNET

Posted by Quinn on 07 July 2011 - 06:33 PM in General Discussion

Didn't watch the video cause I don't want to wait 30 mins for it to load (my connection). However, they can only destroy your computer if you let them. As in, don't be stupid.

#130231 How Have You Guys Been?

Posted by Quinn on 06 July 2011 - 03:08 PM in General Discussion

Never say, or type "Boys boys boys..." again.

nou.

#130226 Let us play game. It will be fun.

Posted by Quinn on 06 July 2011 - 11:39 AM in Off-Topic

Minecraft: You are a very blocky man in a very blocky world with 0 friends other than pigs and cows, and monsters are sent after you to enforce curfew, one of which will blow you and/or your house up if it can. You also can punch wood to make it separate from everything else. And most things magically float.

#130222 Dream (Gaming) PC Build - June 2011

Posted by Quinn on 05 July 2011 - 10:18 PM in PC Gaming

Why are you getting the second best CPU in this build, you clearly should have picked the top one regardless, seeing how its absurdly expensive anyway.

Because of the fact that there is no difference (outside of a server environment) performance wise...

#130220 The Darkness 2 PD believes the Ipad will give consoles a run for their money.

Posted by Quinn on 05 July 2011 - 07:29 PM in General Discussion

trolololol

#130180 How Have You Guys Been?

Posted by Quinn on 03 July 2011 - 12:42 PM in General Discussion

Speak for yourself, I cannot though, because I'm dead.

Boys boys boys... I'm Quinn, I never die

#130179 More Red Dead Redemption DLC In The Works

Posted by Quinn on 03 July 2011 - 09:38 AM in Games

Not like its even a good game, LA Noir would be more appreciated as a port.

I want both...

#130176 Dream (Gaming) PC Build - June 2011

Posted by Quinn on 02 July 2011 - 11:44 PM in PC Gaming

no disk drive? or memory card reader? :p haha

Like I said, late night.. Throw in a BD burner and a card reader, add about $200

And in five to ten years, you won't be able to run anything on minimum. I love you technology, but you are also a total asshole.

#130175 More Red Dead Redemption DLC In The Works

Posted by Quinn on 02 July 2011 - 10:27 PM in Games

Yeah, now they just need to make the game for PC :blackie:

#130174 IBM Creates New Memory Technology 100 Times Faster Than Flash

Posted by Quinn on 02 July 2011 - 10:26 PM in Computers

Dear IBM. I love you.

#130160 Dream (Gaming) PC Build - June 2011

Posted by Quinn on 01 July 2011 - 11:22 PM in PC Gaming

I decided to compile a list of parts to make the most insanely overpriced gaming PC that I could. What can I say, I was bored..
    ---
    I decided to begin with the motherboard (Cause... you know, everything revolves around it). I thought to myself, what's the most over the top board out there now... And none other than the EVGA SR-2 came to mind. Let me lay down the tech specs of this board right now. This beast supports two Intel Xeon CPUs, has 7 PCI-E 2.0 slots (4 x16 or 6 x8 + 1 x16), supports 48GBs of DDR3 RAM, has two LAN chipsets (cause you know, one wasn't extreme enough!) and is f'ckin massive. The rest is gravy. The board can be found here.
    Cost so far: $564.99 (On sale, Canadian Dollars)
    ---
    For most, the next logical step would be to find a CPU. Normally, I would do this first, but this isn't a normal nor logical build. So I went searching for a case to hold this bloody board and its non-standard form factor. I also figured in that I would need dual power supplies, because this system will be drawing a helluva lot of power. What case is decent all around and can support two PSUs (without mods)? Look no further than the Xigmatek Elysium. This case has it's own damn form factor on newegg. The case can be found here.
    Cost so far: $784.98
    ---
    I guess it's time to give the CPU(s) a little love. The choice here was obvious, the Intel Xeon W3680 fits perfectly into the agenda. For you guys who are thinking (if any of you actually understand wtf I'm talking about) "that's not the top of the line Xeon, why get it?" The reason is because there are only two differences between the two CPUs, the first being the X5680 (top of the line one) supports more memory, and the second being $784. Anyways, this CPU has 6 cores, 12 threads. So for you guys who can't do math, that gives us 12 cores with 24 threads. Which is a lot of cores and threads... The CPU can be found here.
    Cost so far: $3016.96 (whoa, that was a jump)
    ---
    Now, all those cores and threads are useless without memory, and Patriot has just the remedy. The Patriot Viper II ‘Sector 7’ Edition kit gives you 12GBs (3x4GB, triple channel) of DDR3 2000 memory. Normally, 12GBs is considered a lot. But you know how we do it, overkill is my thing. Because our motherboard has 12 slots for memory, we would need four of these kits. To save your precious little brain, that's 48GBs of DDR3 2000. How the hell will you ever use all of that? The Memory can be found here.
    Cost so far: $3644.92
    ---
    Here comes the fun part boys and girls, the graphics cards. Yes, "cards" is plural for a reason. That reason being that it would be a damn shame if we didn't throw in a multi-GPU solution as epic and overkill as the rest of this build. The multi-gpu solution in this case consists of four - yes, four EVGA 384-bit, 3072MB GDDR5 GTX 580 bundles of awesome. Why not go with two 590s? Because they're slower than 4 GTX 580s in SLI, and in this case, have less memory. Not much needs to be said about these babies, except that they come with water blocks already installed. Is that epic or what? They can be found here.
    Cost so far: $6604.88
    ---
    Because you can't run a gaming PC without hard drives, we obviously need some. May I present to you my solution: Two Corsair Force Series 3 240GB SATA III SSDs (would be set up in RAID 0) and four Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB Hard drives. Why the WD 2TB drives? So you have space to store all those pirated games you download, you bastard...
    The SSD can be found here.
    The WD drives can be found here.
    Cost so far: $8184.82
    ---
    Ah, at last, we have the power supplies. What could possibly power this system? How about 3000 watts of Silverstone power (2 1500w PSUs). Needless to say, these are the highest (advertised) power PSUs out right now. Then can be found here.
    Cost so far: $8930.80
    ---
    Because if you can afford this system so far, you're a boss, you're gonna need great screens. Enter the NEC P461 46" "Large Format Monitor". At that size, you may wonder, why not just get some TVs? The reason lies in the bezel. These babies have a fairly thin bezel, while similarly sized TVs often have a thick bezel. Anyways, buy 6 of these and set them up in a 3x3 grid, and you'll have a 138 inch screen with a resolution of 5760x3240. That's awesome. However, they are rather steep, at $1,824.99 (each) on sale. They can be found here.
    Cost so far: $19880.74 (BAM!)
    ---
    I'm not going to baby you guy so much to even pick out a keyboard, but I will finish this insane post with the water cooling system. Shits gonna get insane. The loop would come from Koolance, who are pretty awesome. Anyways, this loop consists of the CPU 370 waterblock, the ERM-3K3UC System, the EVGA waterblocks (already one the 580s) and various nozzels, tubing etc. ($1,408.31 total)
    ---
    Total cost of build (before taxes and shipping): $21289.05
    Is this system complete and total, by every definition of the word, overkill? Yes
    Will I ever build a system like this? Probably not, unless I win the lottery (or someone important sees this article and sends me free parts :p)
    Would this system be boss as hell? Yup xD

Please tell me if I missed anything, I made this list late at night. So I'm tired, and I make mistakes when I'm tired.

#130155 How Have You Guys Been?

Posted by Quinn on 01 July 2011 - 02:24 PM in General Discussion

Well, I'm blue now, as you may have noticed :p
    Good to see ya back buddy

#130154 New Bill to make Criminals of Youtube/Jtv game streamers

Posted by Quinn on 01 July 2011 - 02:23 PM in General Discussion

fuckin old people in the government...

#130126 Games crash to desktop randomly

Posted by Quinn on 29 June 2011 - 01:39 PM in PC Gaming

now its been 4 hours.... how long does this thing run?

quite a while. Sometimes 8-10 hours. Just let it work

#130121 Games crash to desktop randomly

Posted by Quinn on 29 June 2011 - 08:14 AM in PC Gaming

AMD Phenom II x4 945
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD mobo
    Radeon HD 4870
    WD Caviar Green 2TB hdd
    Seagate 750 GB hdd
    basic memory card reader
    netgear wireless internet card (the driver doesnt work with windows 7 so it's useless. **** netgear and their false advertising)
    Samsung 22x DVD writer
    Crucial 4 GB DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) RAM
    2 extra fans

1. Run Prime95 on your system (CPU stability test)
    2. Run Memtest86 on your system (RAM stability test)
    3. Run Furmark (or other GPU stress test)
    if Prime95 makes your system crash, or get a BSOD, then your CPU is unstable. Check the voltages and everything in your motherboard. Make sure there is no "auto-overclock" "feature"
    Even if Prime95 fails, run Memtest86. It will take quite a few hours to complete so set aside a day for it.
    Then Furmark. I doubt this is the issue, but just in case, run it.
    Good luck :)

#130115 Games crash to desktop randomly

Posted by Quinn on 28 June 2011 - 08:49 PM in PC Gaming

these are the none steam version. I don't have steam. Im running a 750w Antec psu how could I check to see if its working well?

list off your components.

#130113 Tattoo Help

Posted by Quinn on 28 June 2011 - 08:37 PM in Off-Topic

Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Ford ;)

#130112 Games crash to desktop randomly

Posted by Quinn on 28 June 2011 - 08:35 PM in PC Gaming

Are you using steam? Then try re-installing it, see if it helps.
    Otherwise, check your power supply.

#130058 gaming

Posted by Quinn on 24 June 2011 - 01:50 PM in Introductions / Goodbyes

Welcome :)