•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

How to skin! (NEW tut with pics!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 nielsss

nielsss

Sergeant Grade 2

• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

Things you will need
    -Photoshop CS2 (download portable photoshop, portable version means that you cannot use shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v or alt+f4 if you do try and use them the program will crash. No intall, Includes DDS plugin!!!!!No cd-key just launch the app.)
    -Dothalo v1.0b3.0 (thats the one I used and worked)
    -Halo_2_Internalize_Bitmapv2 [TO DOWNLOAD SKROLL DOWN !] (Thats if you want to skin weapons and vehicles and other stuff)
    -Shared.map (Thats if you want to skin weapons and vehicles and other stuff)
    -Mainmenu.map (Thats if you want to skin weapons and vehicles and other stuff)
    -Map resigner
    -DDS plugin (if ur not using the portable photoshop)

Open up the map that you want to skin in Dothalo and go to the Bitmap tag.
    Posted Image

Find what you want to skin and click it once. For this tut I will show you how to skin the hog.
    Posted Image

Now you could get this error.
    Posted Image
    And if you do that means that shared.map or mainmenu.map are needed to skin this. Place them in the same folder as the map you modding to continue.

Posted Image

Once you extracted your .dds file (doesn't matter what name you saved it to) open it up with photoshop. NOTE* The photoshop I provided a link for is a portable version that means you cannot use shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v or alt+f4 if you do try and use them the program will crash. If you are using my portable photoshop you might get this error. Just click OK to continue.
    Posted Image

When you opend your .dds file this screen should pop-up
    Posted Image
    Make sure the first bullet-point is ticked and none of the others are, excluding the one saying 'show thisdialog''. Then click OK

You can edit your skin now. Here are some of the very basic functions.
    Posted Image
    You can also open picters from you computor and copy them into your skin.

Now overwrite your skin with the original.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Close photoshop and open up your map in dothalo. Find what you skinned back in the bitmap tag and select it by clicking once. Then enjected the file you modded with photoshop.
    Posted Image

Now if your skin is external (that thing I told you to write down) then you will have to make it internal using Halo_2_Internalize_Bitmapv2. So close dothalo and open your map in Halo_2_Internalize_Bitmapv2, find what you skinned and click''Internalize''. No find mainmenu.map or shared.map (depends on what your skinning).
    Posted Image

Thats it! Just Resign then FTP.