• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Maggie, a travelling witch, has come to southern Asgarnia for the holiday festivities, but she's in a bit of a spot. She needs an enchanted broom to finish her potion but her ox has a cold and can't be left alone. In Swept Away, you'll need to visit several nearby witches on Maggie's behalf – and solve a few puzzles along the way.

While you're in the neighbourhood, why not try out the Holiday Event: a bit of trick-or-treating in Draynor, Rimmington and Port Sarim. The towns are decked out in holiday décor and the villagers have treats to distribute to those wearing a suitable costume. If you're interested in some holiday garb, have a chat with Maggie: she's on the look-out for someone who can do a bit of trick-or-treating on her behalf.

Swept Away can be started by talking to Maggie, who is located south of Falador and east of the Crafting Guild. The quest will be available to all players for two weeks; after this time, it will only be available to members. The Hallowe'en decorations and trick-or-treating will only be available during the same holiday period. Any treats remaining in your bank or inventory after this time will disappear after Hallowe'en.

Where to start the Hallowe'en Event or Swept Away:
    Speak to Maggie, south of Falador

Requirements:
    None

In other news...

A large number of sound effects and changes to sound effects have been added, especially to capes and the skillcape emotes.

Human animations have been extensively modified to stop players appearing to glide around. You should also notice less 'clipping' with items like capes and armour when performing various actions or using emotes.

When you're dismissing a familiar, you can now right-click on the 'Dismiss' button. This will let you skip the confirmation screen, making it easier to dismiss the familiar during combat.

Fairy rings now have a larger clickable area. Previously, it was quite small and potentially difficult to click on, so we've enlarged it to make your journeys quicker.

Adding items to fill up compost bins should now be considerably easier. When you've used one item on the bin, your character will automatically attempt to put any further items of that type into the bin, saving you a bit of clicking.

Metarialus and Blandebir (the brewing chaps in Port Phasmatys and Keldagrim) will now offer to fill all your pots with yeast at once rather than making you go through their conversation for each pot. Using one beer glass on a barrel of freshly brewed beer will also make your character attempt to fill all their beer glasses without any additional clicking, and there's a newly installed water source in the brewery at Port Phasmatys.

Bounty Hunter Combat levels have been updated to reflect recent Combat level changes. The crater entrance requirements are now: 3-55, 50-100 and 95+ (all without Summoning).

Dragon dagger p++ should now be easier to find on the Grand Exchange. We've also taken the opportunity to change some adamant items to use "addy" at the start. This is only for the super poisoned items, namely arrows, daggers and spears.

QuickChat has now been given a predictive search feature to allow you to find the phrases you want more effectively.

A distant rumble has recently been heard just north of Baxtorian Waterfall...

Edited by L337 Box, 28 October 2008 - 04:34 PM.

#2 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

Finally, I've been waiting for this. I've never missed a event since Halloween 2005 and I was scared I missed this one.

#3 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:22 AM

Cool,I have to tell my sister about this

#4 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

plz tell me why u play runescape its like the worst online game ever i think i will stick with the xbox LOL :)

#5 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

plz tell me why u play runescape its like the worst online game ever i think i will stick with the xbox LOL :)

I like it, I don't care what other people think about the game or say about me. Its a fun game therefore I play it.

#6 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

i guess everyone has a right to their own opinion but mine in this case as its pretty boring and badly made although i couldnt make better

#7 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

I think it's a great java game, one of the best free games out there.

I am not one for such turn based RPG, I prefer TD games.

Bloons Tower Defence FTW!

#8 bbqizgud

bbqizgud

Private

• Members+

• 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

I like the update to bounty hunters the most!