• Please log in to reply
    64 replies to this topic

#1 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

By the Trailer of what Bungie released and by the info I got, Bungie is making a Campaign Expansion to Halo 3 taking place around the time of the First Battle of Earth and the Second Battle of Earth. First, different screens of areas of New and Old Mombasa come on screen, followed by HEV pods entering the atmosphere. Here you can see the Prophet of Regret's carrier on the right, then it moves behind buildings. The pods come into view as a large explosion (Most likely caused by the Prophet of Regret Entering slipspace) appears, sending the pods off-course. Then, the Superintendent appears, and shows warning signs and then reboots. All the screens from earlier flash onto the screen, but heavily damaged from the blast. Then, a single HEV pod falls through the sky, when the Halo 3 Logo appears. The pod then crashes into the camera and goes black, followed by the words 'Prepare to Drop'.
    Also, This might be on a separate disc and (this is my own opinion I've come up with, I didn't get this opinion from anyone) I think it comes with the Mythic Mappack as well.

Updated: If You notice, I changed the title of this topic to Recon because that's the permanent name of Bungies new title.

Recon was takin place, still on the first battle of Earth and second battle of earth between. What was in the new trailer, a ODST comes out of a HEV Pod in Mombasa, stranded and lost in the ruins of Mombasa. A Phantom and Brute Scouts come forth in search of the area. the ODST manage to avoid contact, till The super intendent guided him through mombasa for a way out, and thats the end of it.

Recon has the main protagonist, The Rookie, searching for beacons across the city of New Mombasa. It is up to the player how they get to the specific location, and in what order, giving the game a very open-world feeling to the game; something for which the main trilogy has been criticized on for linear gameplay. It's likely that these "beacons" are drop pods with a locating device on them. Finding one of these objects sends the player back in the game to find out what happened to one of his four squadmates (Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, and Buck) . Once you go back in time for a short period, you will take control of the player for around thirty minutes, and play the situations that the particular character went through. Unlike the overall game, these flashback scenes go along the path of the linear gameplay that has been common throughout the original trilogy of Halo.

Due to the fact that you are playing as an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, you will not be using the shielding or the motion tracker featured on the MJOLNIR Battle Armor suits. The Rookie and his squadmates will also loose the ability to dual-wield weapons, such as the M7/Caseless Submachine Gun or the Type-25 Directed Energy Rifle.

On the other hand, you will receive a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), which will likely give waypoints, mission objectives, and information which will help the player. In addition to the PDA, the Rookie will also have a new "visual mode", which identifies allies and enemies through the HUD on his helmet's visor; as well as a new weapon, the M7S Submachine Gun, which the protagonist lands in Mombasa with during the initial drop.

And due to the fact that you are playing as a regular Human in the game, your speed will slow down dramatically, and you will also be shorter since the characters have no augmentations.

Update: Bungie now renames their future release game to Halo 3: ODST. Wow, 2 times now.

stay tuned for more.

-Steven

Edited by StevenSVE♥, 25 November 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

The expansion will include NEW campaign mission based on the events of the new Mombasa disaster, and POSSIBLY the new mythic maps. Rumor has it that it will be all compiled in a disk for retail sale in early 2009, kind of like the halo 2 multilayer map pack, but will also include the updates 1.1, 1.2 and the final 1.3 which is coming around the release of the Xbox 360 update.

This will include new campaign, new achievements, new maps and Legendary, Heroic and that free map.

#3 swampy666

swampy666

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 254 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

wow thats a very nice theory Steven.

Who do you think was in the last HEV pod?

Edited by swampy666, 26 September 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#4 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

wow thats a very nice theory Steven.

Who do you think was in the last HEV pod?

The Player(YOU)

#5 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

How many drop pods was there? cause i thinkit was spartan team aplha, (will fred john and linda.)

#6 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

The campaign takes place between the first and second battle of earth and there was no spartans present on earth when this happened so this campaign will only feature ODSTs as the main combat peeps.

#7 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

That sounds like fun :)

#8 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:37 AM

Sounds awesome and The vid looks insane. Cant wait to play.

#9 mickyDrip

mickyDrip

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 107 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:20 AM

i personally think its a new game all together.

#10 sowrd

sowrd

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

How many drop pods was there? cause i thinkit was spartan team aplha, (will fred john and linda.)

no john waz in the ship at that time

#11 sowrd

sowrd

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

"The campaign takes place between the first and second battle of earth and there was no spartans present on earth when this happened so this campaign will only feature ODSTs as the main combat peeps. "

there were three other spertens on erth at the time but left to onyx later

Edited by sowrd, 03 October 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#12 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

I'll get that for sure

#13 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

dude your going to play as an ODST and it may or may not be squad based combat so that = on word sexy

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 03 October 2008 - 07:54 PM.

#14 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

where did you all get your info ?

#15 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

where did you all get your info ?

same where I get mine for Mythic mappack.

#16 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

nooo i got mine frm xplay lol

#17 ShadowHeir1

ShadowHeir1

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

This is all confirmed info: Halo 3: Recon takes place just after Regret takes off into slipspace, like OP said, you play as an ODST or Orbital Drop Shock

Trooper, there will be no more Master Chief, Halo 3: Recon will be released next fall my guess is around 11/--/09, the maps will be released with the game,

BUT THE MAPS ARE COMING OUT SEPERATELY AROUND 1/6/09! Recon will come with a whopping 1000gs for just an expansion, it will be a disc, not DLC

Mythic Maps are going to include 250 gs with them making all of Halo 3 3000gs, Mythic will be DLC originally but will probably be on a disc with Halo 3: Recon.

#18 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

you think with expansion that you will be able to play as an odst in MM cause that be sweeeeeett and mabey new armor i mean it is a new disk so who knows....

#19 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, all confirmed more or less.

Not released till AT LEAST 2009!

Is on a disc

Campaign Expansion ( Takes place around New Membosa after the slipstream enter/exit, You play as a hardcore soldier, Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, AKA Helljumpers [cause there single deploy pods catch fire as they enter the atmosphere and theres a chance they might die] or simply ODST'S) No chiefy.

Mythic maps are on the disc for those who cannot afford live and want the maps.

w00t!

P.S. Not obsessed with the books.

Okay a little.

#20 ShadowHeir1

ShadowHeir1

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, all confirmed more or less.

Not released till AT LEAST 2009!

Is on a disc

Campaign Expansion ( Takes place around New Membosa after the slipstream enter/exit, You play as a hardcore soldier, Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, AKA Helljumpers [cause there single deploy pods catch fire as they enter the atmosphere and theres a chance they might die] or simply ODST'S) No chiefy.

Mythic maps are on the disc for those who cannot afford live and want the maps.

w00t!

P.S. Not obsessed with the books.

Okay a little.

Okay actually it will be released fall 2009.

And someone said something about being an ODST in MM, the Recon experience will not affect multiplayer, you won't play as an ODST in MM unless you wear the ODST helmet that is already available.