• Please log in to reply
    26 replies to this topic

#1 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

I have one question about this so called .MAP resigner... How does this generate does it even generate or is it just a simple code? Because if it is a simple code cant you just use that other Halo 2 resigner and put the code in there? Oh and what does it generate off of... Is that what we are trying to find out or what?

#2 EnergiE

EnergiE

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

I have one question about this so called .MAP resigner... How does this generate does it even generate or is it just a simple code? Because if it is a simple code cant you just use that other Halo 2 resigner and put the code in there? Oh and what does it generate off of... Is that what we are trying to find out or what?

There is no real .map resigner. If it was that simple dont you think it would have been done by now?

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

theres no real map resinger it would be harder than that to make it and probley realy hard to use

#4 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

They have a real .MAP signer, you also need a .MAP Encrypter and a LIVE resigner. :/

#5 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

And to clarify the encryption in Halo 2 was no encryption just the CRC checksum. Now were dealing with real RSA junk.

Point being, its 10000x harder than before and Halo 2 .map resigners will not work. They probably can resign the crc, but that doesn't matter. Johnson did that on its BETA release!

#6 LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 422 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

What do you mean "They" have a .map resigner?

#7 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

What I mean is how does the new resigned code be generated? Like the CON its resigned off of a keypair... Is a .MAP resigner going to be like that when/if one comes out? Or am i just totally wrong... LOL

#8 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

He means Bungie has one.

#9 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

there wont be a map resiner release for a long time and then some bungie guy that got fierd and is pissed will be the one to reles it or someone might find out how too do it

#10 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:03 AM

I would try to make one but I would need ALOT of help and ALOT more info on this so called .MAP Resigner? If Bungie made one why can't we! I bet if all us modders worked on one project we could problably do it... I mean its not like one bungie member just randomly made some .MAP Resigner!

#11 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

I would try to make one but I would need ALOT of help and ALOT more info on this so called .MAP Resigner? If Bungie made one why can't we! I bet if all us modders worked on one project we could problably do it... I mean its not like one bungie member just randomly made some .MAP Resigner!

First of all does anyone know the difference between a Halo 2 .MAP file and a Halo 3 .MAP file?

#12 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:36 AM

There is more security on a Halo 3 map then a Halo 2.

Here is what peaches has said earlier in this thread.

And to clarify the encryption in Halo 2 was no encryption just the CRC checksum. Now were dealing with real RSA junk.

Point being, its 10000x harder than before and Halo 2 .map resigners will not work. They probably can resign the crc, but that doesn't matter. Johnson did that on its BETA release!

#13 EnergiE

EnergiE

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

there wont be a map resiner release for a long time and then some bungie guy that got fierd and is pissed will be the one to reles it or someone might find out how too do it

Only very trusted bungie members know the key. Its not like they give it to the janitors and when one gets fired he will release it. Plus if this were to happen he would be sued up the ass and i dont think a bungie member would be stupid enough to do that.

#14 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

So is it a single code for each map?

#15 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

What do you guys mean by SECURITY like the kind of security where it wont let you access the files code? The kind of security that is REALLY hard to get to the codes? Or what? Ohh and one more question... Would we have to take the MAP file off of our Xbox's of can we just use the one that we use to open Johnson 1.4 with?

#16 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

Ok I'll try and make it simple.

You want to enter a building, this building has a security guard. The guy says you can enter without showing and ID, but if you change something within the building you have to show your ID, or the building will get shut down.

or

You can access a computer without a password, but if you change a file on the computer and don't enter a password you computer will turn itself off.

or

Fixing the security checks within a map makes the game think that bungie made the map.

#17 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:08 AM

Only very trusted bungie members know the key. Its not like they give it to the janitors and when one gets fired he will release it. Plus if this were to happen he would be sued up the ass and i dont think a bungie member would be stupid enough to do that.

yeah thats why i said that wouldnt happen no bungie guy would be that stupid and youd need alot o practice to even begian to use one

#18 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:54 AM

i realy wont a LIVE resigner if some one can get me one :)

#19 Halo117

Halo117

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

I know what you guys mean BUT IS IT JUST ONE CODE THAT REPLACES WITH ANOTHER OR DOES IT CREATE DIFFERENT CODES AS IT GOES!

#20 ILIKETURTLES♥

ILIKETURTLES♥

TheMasterSnail's Pimp!

• Members+

• 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

Research RSA 2048, thats what is stopping us, we cant crack it. Not even the worlds most powerful super computer can crack it. Unless someone at bungie leaks the key we can not .map mod ( without a devkit). Even if we did get it we would still need the key the signing algorithm