• Please log in to reply
    20 replies to this topic

#1 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

helloo there if u could hel me that would be great yelo is working great and everything but when i run it it takes my dlc maps away and i cant play them to play AI maps i have how do i get it to show up thanks agn who ever helps ;)

#2 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

Your going to need to put Halo 2 on your HDD. Do you now how to do that or do you want a tut?

#3 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Your going to need to put Halo 2 on your HDD. Do you now how to do that or do you want a tut?

yess i have dvd2xbox is that right?? if so i tried doing that (putting halo 2 on my HDD) theres not enough space it says is there ne thing i can delete to make this possible?? and what do I do next after i would put it on my HDD, thanks again for helping

#4 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

Do you want to play both Campaign and multiplayer (it will be easier if you just want multiplayer)?

#5 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

Do you want to play both Campaign and multiplayer (it will be easier if you just want multiplayer)?

I just want to play the multiplayer maps im not into campain mods just yett haha but if i do this would i be able to mod the on the disk maps?? (old maps) or no thanks agn

#6 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

I just want to play the multiplayer maps im not into campain mods just yett haha but if i do this would i be able to mod the on the disk maps?? (old maps) or no thanks agn

What I suggest you do, for now, is go into your file explorer on your dashboard, and browse to the E partition, and make a Games folder (if you haven't already done so), then make a Halo 2 folder inside that folder, and in Halo 2 folder, make the folders "maps" and "media" (without the quotes, of course), and inside your maps folder, make another one called fonts. In order to play the multiplayer only, the only maps you need are the maps that don't say 01b and 03a and that stuff. You also don't really need the single_player_shared.map file, either. You will need the fonts folder with everything in it from the fonts folder on the disc. As well as the media folder in the main Halo 2 folder. Just pop in the disc and make sure your settings are set to not automatically load a game, and copy the files over manually. It may take a while, so just be patient =P If you don't understand something here, just tell me and I'll try to clarify it lol I'm not that great at explaining things :p

Edited by Ar7ific1al, 16 August 2008 - 02:11 PM.

#7 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

What I suggest you do, for now, is go into your file explorer on your dashboard, and browse to the E partition, and make a Games folder (if you haven't already done so), then make a Halo 2 folder inside that folder, and in Halo 2 folder, make the folders "maps" and "media" (without the quotes, of course), and inside your maps folder, make another one called fonts. In order to play the multiplayer only, the only maps you need are the maps that don't say 01b and 03a and that stuff. You also don't really need the single_player_shared.map file, either. You will need the fonts folder with everything in it from the fonts folder on the disc. As well as the media folder in the main Halo 2 folder. Just pop in the disc and make sure your settings are set to not automatically load a game, and copy the files over manually. It may take a while, so just be patient =P If you don't understand something here, just tell me and I'll try to clarify it lol I'm not that great at explaining things :p

yess i have one question when i have the disk in the xbox i can copy and paste just like that not on the dick oviously but off of it onto my hard drive is that true and also when i make all thoses files do i put all the maps on them including the old maps and new maps? and wat are the maps with the o1b and o3a jw im not near my xbox right now im somewere far away not at my house lol

#8 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

The maps with the numbers are campaign, so you don't want those and it will save you a lot of space.

If you would like I can show you how to get Halo 2 on your HDD (video tutorial)?

#9 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

The maps with the numbers are campaign, so you don't want those and it will save you a lot of space.

If you would like I can show you how to get Halo 2 on your HDD (video tutorial)?

yess that would be nice thanks you :p

#10 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

you dont have to tho ur explanation was really good but if dont care u can but if it will take time for u to do that then idc ill jsut do wat u said

#11 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Here is the tutorial:

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=dnmsAdvbNa0

Patch Here:

http://www.ibotmodz....?showtopic=7448

Edited by SmokiestGrunl, 16 August 2008 - 09:08 PM.

#12 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

Here is the tutorial:

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=dnmsAdvbNa0

Patch Here:

http://www.ibotmodz....?showtopic=7448

heyy one last Question were do i put the main menu new maps added.sppf file at in the hallo 2 folder??? do i put it were default.xbe is or do i put it were maps is ?? thanks agn : P and alos do i jsut put it somewere or do i have to patch somthing idk wat to do at this point and one more thing now that the (old maps) are on my HDD can i now mod thoses maps the way i would mod (new maps)???? thanks again

Edited by homeztracy3211, 17 August 2008 - 10:35 AM.

#13 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

heyy one last Question were do i put the main menu new maps added.sppf file at in the hallo 2 folder??? do i put it were default.xbe is or do i put it were maps is ??
    Just apply it to the mainmenu.map Tutorial here

one more thing now that the (old maps) are on my HDD can i now mod thoses maps the way i would mod (new maps)????
    Yes.

#14 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

heyy one last Question were do i put the main menu new maps added.sppf file at in the hallo 2 folder??? do i put it were default.xbe is or do i put it were maps is ??

one more thing now that the (old maps) are on my HDD can i now mod thoses maps the way i would mod (new maps)????
    Yes.

Thanks dude or dudet i should say haha thanks agn and agn you helped me with alot of stuff and its all working great and my lil brother is like flipin out with the AI maps haha

#15 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Yes.

ONE MORE THING ONE MORE THING REALLY QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new maps show up now :D but it says failed to load but i think ik how to solve this but i just want to be sure ok i have two theries ok 1) would i copy the maps from T data and and the one that ends with 64 and all toses file things and paste it in the games halo 2 folder or!!!! 2) i can just move the new maps into the games halo 2 folder instead of copying and taking up more space i hope its two haha ight thanks again :D

#16 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:26 PM

ONE MORE THING ONE MORE THING REALLY QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new maps show up now :D but it says failed to load but i think ik how to solve this but i just want to be sure ok i have two theries ok 1) would i copy the maps from T data and and the one that ends with 64 and all toses file things and paste it in the games halo 2 folder or!!!! 2) i can just move the new maps into the games halo 2 folder instead of copying and taking up more space i hope its two haha ight thanks again :D

Yes, moving them should work just fine. However, I can't really understand what you're typing, no offense lol If you go into the E\TDATA\5300000064 folder, there should be another folder in there named $C, it may look like just sc. Open that folder, and there should be more folders. Just go in those folders, and move each map file to the maps folder in games\Halo 2\maps =D Hope you can get your stuff set up and start modding =D if you can, congrats, if not, then... I'm sorry D= lol good luck, and have fun modding =D

#17 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Yes, moving them should work just fine. However, I can't really understand what you're typing, no offense lol If you go into the E\TDATA\5300000064 folder, there should be another folder in there named $C, it may look like just sc. Open that folder, and there should be more folders. Just go in those folders, and move each map file to the maps folder in games\Halo 2\maps =D Hope you can get your stuff set up and start modding =D if you can, congrats, if not, then... I'm sorry D= lol good luck, and have fun modding =D

ok first of all there is no file called 5300000064 lol and second thank you i got them working and im playing AI and all that other shiz lol thanks agn!!

#18 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

ok first of all there is no file called 5300000064 lol and second thank you i got them working and im playing AI and all that other shiz lol thanks agn!!

lol in the TDATA folder, there should be another one starting with 53, then a bunch of zeros, then 64, I dunno exactly how many zeros there are xD and if there's still not one of those, then I must not remember the first two digits :huh: lol anyways.. now that you got it working and you're playing some mods, why not try making some of your own? :p

#19 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

I could make another tutorial showing you how to get the new maps?

#20 homeztracy3211

homeztracy3211

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

thanks agn guys both of you i got it working everything is god AI and on the disk maps and i got the new maps to load thanks agn both of you :D

and next up once i get get bored of getting other peoples mods im ganna want to know how to make my own :D so ill askk that stuff when im ready thanks again!

Edited by homeztracy3211, 18 August 2008 - 04:10 PM.