#1 maddflash

maddflash

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

Well kind of.....

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk...cle.php?id=5700

Having received Edge magazine's Award for Interactive Innovation for the second year running, Bungie thanked the magazine with a teasing video about what it's working on next.

In the name of uncontrollable excitement and our blistering Halo fanboyism, we've deconstructed the video and look beyond the clues dropped for a sign of things to come.

Clue 1 "We're all hard at work on something new."

This is probably a reference to Bungie's E3 announcement that was nixed by Microsoft at the last minute. The word "new" here is key because it suggests something other than a new Halo FPS.

Clue 2 "Halo 4? Microsoft owns the IP now, take it up with them."

Could this be further proof that Bungie is distancing itself from Halo 4? The developer hints that it doesn't have any further input when it comes to the Halo brand. It puts the ball firmly back in Microsoft's court.

Clue 3 "Master Chief, Cortana? Still trying to figure this out?"

In Halo 3, Bungie created one of the most community-friendly games ever. The forge, movie maker and file share capabilities have been a huge success. It sounds like Bungie isn't finished yet though. Why start work on Halo 4, when Halo 3 is still so open-ended and upgradeable?

Clue 4 "Choices we make in development are designed to engage and participate in community"

With the Master Chief story left on a cliff-hanger, Bungie could be hinting that they'll create some kind of epilogue. Could this mean new episodic content for campaign mode?

Clue 5 "Johnson and Miranda I thought we killed you?"

Great characters never truly stay dead. Johnson and Miranda's appearance in the clip could mean that the next Halo episode will be a prequel, giving Bungie a chance to give these supporting heroes a bigger role. Alternatively, it could hint that you'll be able to select Sarge and other characters in multiplayer. Possibly a Team Fortress 2-style game mode with different classes?

Clue 6 "Even though you finished the fight, it doesn't necessarily mean the ride's over."

The final shot shows our Spartan friend lobbing a plasma grenade through an empty vector style level. This looks to us like the kind of template developers use to create levels using modular blocks of scenery. It's a strong hint that Bungie is working on a level-builder for the game, much more advanced than the original forge.

Given that the video also showed character models for all the enemies and supporting characters, this could mean that you'll be able to create new campaign levels too.

If you find yourself thinking OMG NUB NO HALO 4 THAT R TRILOGY STFU. Then Stfu yourself, I thought it would be helpful to find reliable infomation from a source and post it here to make that little bit of hope still exsist.

#2 zZDarkLegacyZz

zZDarkLegacyZz

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 361 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

OMG NUB NO HALO 4 THAT R TRILOGY STFU jk nice find jk NOOB

Edited by zZDarkLegacyZz, 14 August 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#3 EnergiE

EnergiE

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

OMG NUB NO HALO 4 THAT R TRILOGY STFU

#4 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

WOW change your title
    you didnt prove anything
    how do you know this just isnt just some superfoundry in which you pretty much have no bounds in size and you can spawn bipds?
    Im pretty sure went they said "Halo 4? Microsoft owns the IP now, take it up with them." they mean that they dont want to have any part of a new chapter to the fps halo so go ask microsoft for a halo 4.

and when thay say they are working on something new they probably mean what they showed and HALO BLUE
    and this : "Even though you finished the fight, it doesn't necessarily mean the ride's over."
    that perfectly describes that new content is coming out

THAT WAS YOUR OPINION
    AND THIS IS MINE
    oh and if you look closely at the map hes on its Rats nest it even has the grav hammer in the middle

Edited by .Slack♠, 14 August 2008 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Third time ive seen this same crap O___o stop posting this!

#6 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

you didnt prove any thing its just new updates if that it may be bungie just messing with us no halo4 some peopel say that theres going to be a tactical halo but thats just romurs

#7 ddxcb2

ddxcb2

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 105 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

There is NO MORE halo series from bungie bc M$ bough the rights of halo and so on but ms dont have marathon lol

#8 jbyrd117

jbyrd117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

cut him some slack. :)

Edited by jbyrd117, 14 August 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#9 maddflash

maddflash

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:53 AM

There is NO MORE halo series from bungie bc M$ bough the rights of halo and so on but ms dont have marathon lol

This comment is wrong, Sure it might be the end of master cheif, But do you really think Money grabbing M$ are going to put down a game that makes more money that most of the games out there. Alot of people are ignorant to this and straight away say "omg nub halo 3 was a trilogy" In my opinion, Halo 3 wasn't the trilogy, Master Cheif was.. See what im saying?

And to all the people saying "WTF NUB UR NOT PROV NOTIN, I BAN YOU FROM BUNGIE", Did you read the top of the post?

And all the people saying "OMG WTF THIS R UNRELIABLE", All I can say is, Im pretty sure it is.

And to all the nice people with a good comment or at least some constructive critisism, You have my thanks for doing that rare thing called reading. :)

#10 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

there is a tactical Halo, Halo:wars which has been confirmed since before the release of Halo 3.

#11 iKhaosmaster

iKhaosmaster

Yawn

• Members+

• 1,346 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:41 AM

yea i dont think that is halo wars decatur and i think they will come out wit that it would be sick

#12 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

its a map maker that bungie are working on

#13 iko

iko

Private

• Members+

• 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

OMFGdude this there is no halo 4 ok THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR HALO 3

#14 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

its a map maker that bungie are working on

Lol u dont know that for sure :p thats just a guess so please dont State things that arent 100% proven

#15 LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 422 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

Wow this video is spreading like wildfire. If this is really just rats nest then im doubting a map maker...

#16 fastmouth808

fastmouth808

Corporal Grade 2

• Donors

• 231 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

Wow this video is spreading like wildfire. If this is really just rats nest then im doubting a map maker...

change ur title, u didnt prove u jes said things

#17 maddflash

maddflash

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:28 AM

OMFGdude this there is no halo 4 ok THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR HALO 3

But its more than 50% certain there will be ;)

#18 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

no thats for the new maps and there is going to be a new update soon i think it comes out when the new dashbord comes out :)

#19 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

I heard that where in the end of the video, that no geometry map, is gonna be the third map of the next mappack comin September. Heres this quote I saw:

The Unknown Map is a map seen in some acceptance videos by Bungie. It appears to be an empty room with no geometry features, Except for a single "Structure" in the middle.There have been a guess by Halo fans to what the mysterious map might be they say its a bigger, more flexible foundry or a map editor where you choose environments, bases,sizes etc

Also it said, it can be mistaken of it just "incomplete". SO thats all I heard, I'll let you guys know more If I find anything.

#20 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

don't think theres a halo 4 just yet. there just adding more stuff to the game, bipeds, level-editor, Etc. Etc.