• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 beamer30

beamer30

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Okay well i had this idea to elimate the need for an xsata or xport. For about 5$ you can get a 250mb usb storage device. Would it be possiable to plug this directly into the xbox remove the halo files onto the storage unit and plug it into the pc mod the files and then inject them back into the xbox? This could save some people 60$ on a xport or xsata :)

EDIT: sorry accidently posted in the wrong section could a mod please move to halo 3 modding :)

Edited by beamer30, 26 July 2008 - 12:09 AM.

#2 SpaZZ

SpaZZ

Private

• Members+

• 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

No, you can't copy files onto a removable storage device. You need a transfer kit.

#3 beamer30

beamer30

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

Hmmm..... Why not whats stopping you? I mean why not just port Xplorer 360 to run off the 360 and bam transfered! :) Heres the concept instead of using a direct transfer you use a middle man aka the usbd storage device.

EDIT: Holy Cow I had an apiphany or however you spell it. Okay so what if you unplug your harddrive plug in the USB storage device and select it to save your games on! Unfortunately I am withought an xbox for the next wee and can't try. If this fails you could always take apart a xbox memory unit and hopefuly there's away to convert the USB to plug into that! :)

Just some ideas to ponder :)

Edited by beamer30, 26 July 2008 - 02:36 AM.

#4 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

1st idea dosent work you cant save data to a removable disk and the second comes in the form of a xploder transfer cable you plug your mem card into one end and the other is usb ;)

#5 beamer30

beamer30

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

1st idea dosent work you cant save data to a removable disk and the second comes in the form of a xploder transfer cable you plug your mem card into one end and the other is usb ;)

I see well here's another idea: Some gamedisks the xbox 360 runs contain exe files so would it be possiable to make a signer for exe files and then with the USB and the harddrive plugged in run Xport 360 right off the 360 and walla transfer files :)

Just some ideas for thaught

#6 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

but that will just be making it more complicated than it already is you maybe should just get xsata and not be cheap lol ;)

#7 SpaZZ

SpaZZ

Private

• Members+

• 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

They won't work. You can't run homebrew software on a 360. Except for a flashed dvd drive.

#8 beamer30

beamer30

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

but that will just be making it more complicated than it already is you maybe should just get xsata and not be cheap lol ;)

I just baught one hahaha :)

#9 SteppinRazor

SteppinRazor

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

ive tried it, i thought i could use it to transfer music to my xbox...it failed. so i know it doesnt. it acts like nothing has happened. so yeah its not worth the time