• Please log in to reply
    21 replies to this topic

#1 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

i wanted to make it look kinda like a framed picture but the glass on the front had gotten broken. its also a reference to the focal's (or the kid from transformers) hope being lost, or shattered.

i really like this one yet i can still pretty much guess the comments that are coming.

CnC

Posted Image

#2 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

I think the glass shards look stupid ._. but what do i know :huh:

#3 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

if u can see what comments are coming than why not make something different than u have been doing and what other ppl do that get good results. example: try using a sprite with c4d. instead of this "broken glass" effect. Your broken glass effect may of sounded good in your head, but in reality its not a very good idea, or u just executed it very poorly. I'm trying to push u to do better.. but i don't think its working.

Edited by .dice♥, 23 July 2008 - 07:20 PM.

#4 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

Im one hell of a sexy man...

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

if u can see what comments are coming than why not make something different than u have been doing and what other ppl do that get good results. example: try using a sprite with c4d. instead of this "broken glass" effect. Your broken glass effect may of sounded good in your head, but in reality its not a very good idea, or u just executed it very poorly. I'm trying to push u to do better.. but i don't think its working.

pretty much what he said + what I said on iMedia :)

#5 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

Agreed.

Your making progress though.

#6 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

It looks plain. but all the effects are great. Are you reading a tutorial for this stuff?

#7 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

i have tried to do some more things but i usually fail. i lack the creativity for any of that stuff. i also lack the resources to do such things. i guess i also lack the motivation to keep on failing.

pretty much what he said + what I said on iMedia :)

again, lack of resources an creativity.

It looks plain. but all the effects are great. Are you reading a tutorial for this stuff?

not tuts a barley read them due to me using cs2, an me having a hard time finding a good tut for just cs2 (most dont say which one they used). i also find that the tuts dont really work right unless you have excatly the same pics, an when i try an do something simular i dont have the right resources for it so it looks bad.

#8 Chilleh

Chilleh

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 128 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

Lmao so your sub. :p Well, hello.

#9 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Lmao so your sub. :p Well, hello.

apparently, do i know you? or do you know me? well whatever, hello to you too.

#10 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

cs2 and cs3 are practically the same, read the tuts anyways, and do them please!like i'm ready to carattiā?¢ chop u!

#11 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

cs2 and cs3 are practically the same, read the tuts anyways, and do them please!like i'm ready to carattiā?¢ chop u!

they are the same but how you get to things or how you do things are different. for example there is no apply image on cs2. there is a difference an it is hard to follow a tut if you cant do what they do because its done a different way. im not just making up excuses, i do read tuts.

#12 Happy Buddah

Happy Buddah

HB

• VIP

• 671 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

they are the same but how you get to things or how you do things are different. for example there is no apply image on cs2. there is a difference an it is hard to follow a tut if you cant do what they do because its done a different way. im not just making up excuses, i do read tuts.

Lol, they are basically the same. I've used both and they have the exact same features. I use cs2 now. To apply image just make a new layer then go to the top bar and do Image->Apply Image. There isn't a single tut that I've done that I haven't been able to follow due to having cs2. But as for the sig, read what I said on imedia :p. Don't feel like retyping it.

Edited by Happy Buddah, 24 July 2008 - 07:11 PM.

#13 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

Lol, they are basically the same. I've used both and they have the exact same features. I use cs2 now. To apply image just make a new layer then go to the top bar and do Image->Apply Image. There isn't a single tut that I've done that I haven't been able to follow due to having cs2. But as for the sig, read what I said on imedia :p. Don't feel like retyping it.

ok now im worried, i dont have that option at all. no joke. it just not there.

#14 Happy Buddah

Happy Buddah

HB

• VIP

• 671 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

It's not there as in it's faded out, or you just don't even have the option in the drop down bar under image?

#15 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

It's not there as in it's faded out, or you just don't even have the option in the drop down bar under image?

its jsut not there, not faded, not nothing. ive done what you said an what many ppl said an its not there. wtf.......... just another way to show that the world hates me....

#16 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

lol when i had cs2. the apply image was in the exact same spot as in cs3

#17 Happy Buddah

Happy Buddah

HB

• VIP

• 671 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

Yea are you sure you're on the normal cs2? If you're positive that it's not there than just re install cs2.

#18 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Yea are you sure you're on the normal cs2? If you're positive that it's not there than just re install cs2.

as far as i now its the normal cs2, but yeah ill try an re-install it.

#19 xValidToasterx♥

xValidToasterx♥

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 239 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

Ya the glass idea may have sounded good but it just dosent look right. It could have looked a tiny bit better with more jagged glass, maybe some cracks but im no GFX expert.

#20 .MeLo♥

.MeLo♥

Has been every Staff.

• Retired Staff

• 1,315 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Egh
    looks amazingly nubby

all you did was make wierd triangles with shadows?

0/10