2 replies to this topic

#1 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

Starting off:

To bridge you require an extra network port on your computer; you then also have to have a crossover cable to go from you computer to you xbox; if you open your network connections and drag your mouse and select both the ports then right click and and select bidge connections. For looking into peoples ip's I suggest Commview which can be found on google for free, it is effective and bug free.
    For your firewall you shouldn't have anything other firewalls than the zone alarm to avoid problems.

Actually Bridging:
    To bridge your buddy host all you have to do is enter the ip that is repeatedly poping up in the commview into your trusted ip list and then just turn the firewall on high until stage 4(when the map shows up, who ever that you choose to bridge host must have made the party)

Bridging yourself Host:
    Turn up your firewall, and make sure that any of your friends ips are in trusted so they don't get lagged out and then go into matchmaking and get box host(when no one else is in with you on stage 2). Once you have achieved all this you have to wait for people to joing the game. In stage 3 configuring game you must wait until all the name disapear and the yellow boxes are gone. That is when you hit the stop button in the zone alarm program or simply on your keyboard ctrl + s. This should generally not last for more than 12 seconds. The goal is to get to stage 4, then immediately you release the standby or stop.

Team Stand-by:
    All your friends should be on your safe ip list in zone alarm and then you simply turn up you firewall in the game to high for generally 2 seconds up 2 down. Don't abuse this too much or you wil most likely get banned. (and if for some reason you don't know this already you must have host)

Bridging someone out:
    There is no real way to tell who is who in the commview so what I do is experiment and type peoples ips in then go back to your firewall and turn it to medium and see who goes red bar on the ping measure. If its a team mate turn it back down and change that ip to trusted.or not if its the other team.

Things to know:
    -Do not try to bridge yourself host in double team it doesn't work.
    -Always get box host
    -When getting host in BTB for yourself most likely some people won't spawn whether its your team or the other team
    -If the standby for host gets past 12 sec. your most likely going to get lagged out.
    -If you lag more than 2 people out of a game it hardly counts.

I think I covered it all.

Edited by iBotPeaches, 01 February 2009 - 04:36 PM.
    Updated on Feb. 2, 2009

#2 Joe Walls

Joe Walls

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 258 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

bump

#3 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Why did you bump this? I don't see any reason to bump it.