•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

LAX VS. D1CE VOTE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    25 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTE FIRST TO 7 (18 member(s) have cast votes)

1. D1CE[img:dd2w44dp]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/dicex14/StreetFighterSpriteSigAlt.jpg[/img:dd2w44dp] (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. LAX[img:dd2w44dp]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5126/dicecomppo6.jpg[/img:dd2w44dp] (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote

#1 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

I challenge u Lax!

Type: Sig.
    Size: Any size you want.
    Style: Anything.
    Rules: Don't rip (just kidding, i know you dont do that)
    Due Date: TBA

D1CE's Entry:
    Posted Image
    Laxmonster54 Entry
    Posted Image

#2 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

Im one hell of a sexy man...

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

Ill do it. but you will have to give me time I am really busy right now

#3 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

i'll give u time don't worry, thats why i didnt set a due date

#4 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:10 AM

Well here's my tag i made, its my first sprite tag .

Posted Image

#5 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

Heres Mine you win I know you will mine sucks. I really hate mine....
    Posted Image

#6 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

awww lol so should i do a Poll?

#7 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:31 AM

voted for u lax, since its a nice thing to do

#8 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

May the best work win It was a tough choice cuz they're both sweet, but I finally made my choice.

#9 Valid

Valid

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 189 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

hmmm i picked D1CE, but they are both really good... idk i gues i like the colors, and the fact that i like street fighter...

#10 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

i really like Lax 's

gz on urs though D1CE its cool too

lax's looks almost archaic... reminded me of 300... especially if he put like some bright red drops of blood on it... but kept the black and white everywhere else.

D1CE urs is really cool, really loved the colors, and street fighter is fking awesome, but the only thing that turned me off to it was that last lighting effect at the bottom of it

#11 .MeLo♥

.MeLo♥

Has been every Staff.

• Retired Staff

• 1,315 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

honestly i dont know how lax is winning
    his is super monotone, has a gross grundge effect and is his worst other than that wanted one

D1CE's is amazing and should win imo

#12 cesar13

cesar13

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 162 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

his is super monotone, has a gross grundge effect and is his worst other than that wanted one

I second that, and I will say it as nicely as I will try

My opinion on Dice:

composition on effects need work, colors need work and the background seems all monotoned and doesnt go well with the circles and the sprite. well the circles dont really fit in there at all so how bout u take em out. pen tool - STOP ***ING USING IT U ADDICT!
    text???wtf why need to use text? do you really need to know hes a street fighter? lol not really. well then, take it out, and then we fix the effects a bit. idk what to do to it without restarting the sig but if u would restart I say use C4Ds, C4Ds always go nicely with sprites.

EXAMPLE OF SPRITE WITH C4DS

Posted Image

oya, dont use borders, theres no point

Lax: gah, now lax's. its really awkward but it has slight better bit of everything than Dice's tag, except for that its monotone. for lax, id maybe use some textures and if that render, stock was colored before, id say recolor it.

next id show some depth, depth is always good, sharpen the tag, mask it and brush what you only want sharpened so that the background seems blurred, or you may want to sharpen the background a bit so take a brush at a different strength, say like 10? and then brush what u want sharpened.

Oh I forgot, Dice, those circles ruin the depth, take em out.

my vote is for Lax but for my reasons, you may have ur own opinion but thats how every human is. Both sigs are alright, they could use some touchups but as for now, I vote for lax

#13 .dice♥

.dice♥

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

thanks for your opinion, and honestly i dont like my sig that much, but w/e.
    as for the sig that u just used as an example, i can barely seen the sprite.. so i don't think thats a good example.
    also i think u say that cause u hate me, honestly. Pen tool once in 4 months? yeah a real addict. also, dont flame. u were using WTF??? why use text? i use text cause a sig without text feels incomplete without it. i noticed the sigs u have posted, and honestly i think you have gotten worse, sure many may disagree, but i really think u have gotten worse at sig making.

#14 cesar13

cesar13

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 162 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

lol dude you really dont know anything about tags, if you really think that sprite tag is horrible then you must suck at gfx completely. that tag is inter - semi lol u know nothing about ranking and dude u are still a noob after over a year HAHa its kinda pathetic how its been this long and uv changed nothing about ur gfx. same effects, whoring the pen tool, effects still suck, colors still suck, and more if you want me to continue.

Oh and btw, I wasnt flaming before but now I am so enjoy it mofo

PS: Get glasses if you cant see the sprite because I can clearly see it, or maybe its too pro for you since its so well blended. just quit gfx, dont make anymore tags, your already a failure.

#15 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

i voted for lax, because he took a risk, a did something new. its a differnt style an i respect him for doing something uncommon. it looks sweet, who cares if its monotone? that isnt always a bad thing. but dont think im saying its better. everyone has there opinions an not everything is as black an white as you may think. obviously not everyone agrees with you. if everyone had the same opinion then there wouldn't be different kinds of music, or movies etc. this isnt saying that dice's work is bad tho its very good, they both are. it was a tie in my head, but i gave it to lax for taking a risk an trying something new.

im sorry it kind sounds like im snapping on you. i respect your opinon i just dont think its right to assume that your opinon is right. im sorry if this looks as if i am mad at you or anyone.

good job lax an dice

#16 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

Wow I didnt even know this was going on. Whos winning. I Have a really shitty tag in this comp btw I spent 10 mins on it lol...

#17 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

lol dude you really dont know anything about tags, if you really think that sprite tag is horrible then you must suck at gfx completely. that tag is inter - semi lol u know nothing about ranking and dude u are still a noob after over a year HAHa its kinda pathetic how its been this long and uv changed nothing about ur gfx. same effects, whoring the pen tool, effects still suck, colors still suck, and more if you want me to continue.

Oh and btw, I wasnt flaming before but now I am so enjoy it *

PS: Get glasses if you cant see the sprite because I can clearly see it, or maybe its too pro for you since its so well blended. just quit gfx, dont make anymore tags, your already a failure.

ive got a question, why is dice a noob?because he stated his own opinion about a sig? because he doesnt follow the crowd? beacuse he likes it more simple? beacuse he perfers a differnt style? because you seen one of his pieces an feel its fair to judge him? because you say so? because your mad an your only defense is to sputter random insults? good reasons. there is no need for insults. its fine if you dont like his work, just dont be a pr1ck about it. please. not everyone is going to improve at the same speed, not everyone is a pro, an your just going to have to except that not everyone is going to see things your way. no need for childish insults. from what ive seen i dont think your a pro yourself, so please dont talk so big. try not to get offended by this, but i stick up for people you get savagely beat for no reason, i dont care who you are.

#18 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

Not to change the topic but you guys know what just realized????

Ive never tried to make a sprit........ hmmmm.... sorry for the randomness...

#19 .Eli

.Eli

1337 Hacker

• Members+

• 414 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

I love lax, but I love dice for making it street fighter

#20 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts