• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    30 replies to this topic

#1 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

On July 2, I got on my computer at 11pm, since I had just gotten back from somewhere. I saw my name (iBotPeaches) banning people and what not in the Chatbox and knew something was wrong. I logged into ACP and saw the name "Pimpin Tyler" deleting all the Halo 3 forums and making himself the root admin. I knocked the site offline, and talked with everyone on MSN for along time. Contacted my hoster (site5) for a backup and they complied. They had a long talk with me about DDOS and how this site has seen alot in the past month. They have contacted legal authorities and now have the tools to trace it back to you. Please don't DDOS us, if you get caught everyone gets mad. I'm out of the control of the legal authorities, be nice.

We regained control of the site at 6am the next morning. I removed all sub-domains mySQL and FTP information to prevent any more damage. I'm sorry sub-domain users, (They're 5 of you) you will need to send your mySQL queries to me, and FTP files you want me to upload for now on.

I got rarely any sleep as I took my site5 backup, my own backup, and the hacked backup. With these backups I customized them. Taking the users of the hacked backup (so we would have the most) the posts of my backup, and safe settings of the site5 backup. (And multiple other changes in there) With that the site went back online to staff online. Myself and SmokiestGrunl were the first people online confronted with a Halo 3 News/Talk section with 67 pages of topics, consisting of all the Halo 3 topics. We worked and got it down to about 47. I went to lunch and came back and saw blacklabel, snail and dark slipstream were all online. SmokiestGrunl drop the pages down to 37.

For people who don't know, we had to go through every 67 pages and find the topics that should be moved to other forums and leave the ones that should not be moved.
    Blacklabelfosho, TheMasterSnail, SmokiestGrunl and Dark Slipstream all help and should be +REPed.

No specific user caused this, it was poor banning, and users that caused this. We can recovery strong by showing no weaknesses and not harming any users. If you attack anyone "cyberly" that will just aid in that hacking and you might as well become one of them.

All Halo 3 posts were dumped into the Halo 3 News/Talk section.
    If a topic of yours or anyone is in there, and you wish for it to be moved to its correct section. PM any staff member and they will be happy to do it for you. Do not spam "o teh nos, this topic is in teh wrong section" Please PM us instead.

#2 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

Well put Peaches. As I clearly do speak for everyone here, we better hope not to see this again, it is highly frowned upon. It took a while to get it from Hyperstorm/Hyperlag, but we all managed.

While Peaches slept, I contacted site5 and talked with a representative, after I got some of the site back, site5 restored MySQL, and removed rewrite abilities. This left Peaches in a well position to get to where we are now.

It wasn't fun knowing people wanted to do this, so we all hope no one makes any attempt at this in the future.

Thanks,

~Dark Slipstream

#3 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

I talked to pimpin tyler right at the hacking on the site and I can't believe that tyler would do this t us. He says that some mod ban him for him misbehavin, so he got pissed and started to hack ibotmodz and then I see legacy postin something called "welcome to team pimpin tyler" or something. I know legacy would never post something like that. So, I tried to talk pimpin tyler out of this outrage and he wanted me to unban him from the site and I couldn't so, well u know what, I bet no one give a **** of what I say, so we just say its good that the sites back and go on with our lives. Sorry I'm just alittle cranky because of last nights incident. I'll try to talk to tyler so we can sort these things out.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

I talked to pimpin tyler right at the hacking on the site and I can't believe that tyler would do this t us. He says that some mod ban him for him misbehavin, so he got * and started to hack ibotmodz and then I see legacy postin something called "welcome to team pimpin tyler" or something. I know legacy would never post something like that. So, I tried to talk pimpin tyler out of this outrage and he wanted me to unban him from the site and I couldn't so, well u know what, I bet no one give a **** of what I say, so we just say its good that the sites back and go on with our lives. Sorry I'm just alittle cranky because of last nights incident. I'll try to talk to tyler so we can sort these things out.

wtf no. I uploaded an sql manager and connected to the database. Then i ran a few queries to high-jack Peach's account. Once I had that, Pimpin and I had fun messing around.

#5 TheyCallMeTyLer

TheyCallMeTyLer

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

I talked to pimpin tyler right at the hacking on the site and I can't believe that tyler would do this t us. He says that some mod ban him for him misbehavin, so he got * and started to hack ibotmodz and then I see legacy postin something called "welcome to team pimpin tyler" or something. I know legacy would never post something like that. So, I tried to talk pimpin tyler out of this outrage and he wanted me to unban him from the site and I couldn't so, well u know what, I bet no one give a **** of what I say, so we just say its good that the sites back and go on with our lives. Sorry I'm just alittle cranky because of last nights incident. I'll try to talk to tyler so we can sort these things out.

I never said I got banned at first and caused this, I said what caused this whole mishap was the ban of nuke.

#6 Laxmonster54♥

Laxmonster54♥

Im one hell of a sexy man...

• Retired Staff

• 1,053 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

I helped Peaches.....
    I also made a site for all of the IBM members to go to
    http://z4.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx not trying to advertise

#7 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

Wow. What a night. And what an msn convo.

I'm glad that all the mod's were able to get things running smoothly.

I wasn't much help in the process but i did my best.

I think Melo and I got over our differences.

Racism is not okay. Neither is giving away FTP passwords. Everything worked out and i'm not blaming anyone for this. Good Job peaches. Maybe you can rest now.

#8 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

The site is finally back up!

#9 ZZmoddudeZZ

ZZmoddudeZZ

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 180 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Thank You Very much i am glad we were back online thanks alot for what u did and enjoy tonight sleep

???? what happen I went to URL at about 3 p.m. working then at 4:30 p.m and said Http does not exist which usually mean a site was deleted me confused and now back up what happen?

#10 Demon

Demon

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Lol im so happy to see it back up

oh btw people who hack IBM have small penises, just thought id mention that xD

#11 isaacmatthews

isaacmatthews

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 98 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

Snypz i say you should release the .map resigner as well but it aint gonna happen lol, good job peaches, everyone joined my MSN conversation to start up the whole meeting which meant i helped =]

#12 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

I think I should be security on this site lol then none of this * would of happend but I doubt I will be lol.

I say yes. Hes from England meaning hes trust worthy

#13 sillybob123

sillybob123

I am a homo.

• Members+

• 541 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

phew i thought i had lost the best website in the world forver

#14 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

I think I should be security on this site lol then none of this * would of happend but I doubt I will be lol.

I really agree, just don't give him my ip

#15 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hey, i cant access the site without a proxy, can anyone help?

#16 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Me neither im running the site off a proxy but when i try it without one it wont load

#17 TheyCallMeTyLer

TheyCallMeTyLer

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

Snypz i say you should release the .map resigner as well but it aint gonna happen lol, good job peaches, everyone joined my MSN conversation to start up the whole meeting which meant i helped =]

To bad he does not have one.

#18 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Me neither im running the site off a proxy but when i try it without one it wont load

Your IPs are banned which means you were probably doing something suspicious while the site was being hacked. Legacy got his IP banned because he FTPed to the site while it was being hacked. There were 6 other people conected when he was conected, were either of you one of them? I don't have access to the ban panel any more for some reason, so your IPs are banned untill we get an admin (Peaches is only one at the moment and he has gone away for a while).

#19 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Your IPs are banned which means you were probably doing something suspicious while the site was being hacked. Legacy got his IP banned because he FTPed to the site while it was being hacked. There were 6 other people conected when he was conected, were either of you one of them? I don't have access to the ban panel any more for some reason, so your IPs are banned untill we get an admin (Peaches is only one at the moment and he has gone away for a while).

I asked site5 to ban users, who DOS us. I'm sorry you got banned. Every 24 hours the ban filters "retest" your connection, so you should be allowed on then.

#20 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

Yea, anyone who has many/multiple high amounts of connections to ibotmodz gets banned for 24/48 hours.