9 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:46 AM

Yo,
    I was thinking of getting a controller mod, but i dont know if they are worth it, and does anyone know where i could get hold of one of those torque security screw drivers?

Thanks

-Dan

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

Torque screw drivers are sold at a local hardware store. Buy the 5, 10, 15 and 20 torx ones. Those are needed I believe for every part of the xbox.

#3 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Ooh, just got your reply. thanks for the info on where to get the drivers, but im not modding the 360 itself, just the controller. Do you know anyone who has one, and are they worth the $40?

#4 IIDallasScotsII

IIDallasScotsII

Recruit

• Members+

• 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Ooh, just got your reply. thanks for the info on where to get the drivers, but im not modding the 360 itself, just the controller. Do you know anyone who has one, and are they worth the $40?

go to a local hardware store like homedepot and u need a torx 8 secret

#5 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Living on the farm, i have every kind of screw driver imaginable.

Can I see the mod?

#6 diet

diet

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 88 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:05 AM

You can find a tutorial @ ***** on how to make a rapid fire controller yourself. I am in no way advertising *****, I just used the link to the tutorial there because that is the only place I know that it is posted.

As for the Torx screwdrivers, your dad should have these. Most do. I apologize now if your dad is absent. If he doesn't or for him being absent then just ask some friends if they do. If no one has a torx screwdriver then just take a trip up to the local hardware store and buy one. They aren't that expensive.

If all you want is a rapid fire controller, but don't want to risk building one your self, then I suggest you buy one. You can get one here for $70. This controller is a brand new controller and the only mod done is to the Right Trigger. There is no extra buttons of some sort. To activate and deactivate rapid fire you simply press the sync button on the top middle of the controller. This button originally syncs your Xbox 360 syncs your Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox 360 console. It will still do this, so don't worry. To sync the controller hold the button, to enable/disable rapid fire press the button once.

Hope this helps.
    -diet

Edited by diet, 11 August 2008 - 07:36 PM.

#7 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:34 AM

All these replies :p
    Yeah i just used a very small screw driver and managed to undo the torx (we do have torx screwdrivers just not security one's.)
    It turned out pretty well, both buttons worked well, COD4 pistols and snipers into machine guns :)

RECOMENDED :D

Thanks for all your help.

-Dan

#8 diet

diet

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 88 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, I love it lol. It also works with a few weapons on Halo 2. Even though no one plays that game anymore.

-diet

#9 StevenHicks

StevenHicks

Private

• Members+

• 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I love it lol. It also works with a few weapons on Halo 2. Even though no one plays that game anymore.

-diet

Do it urself it only take about 20$ look for xboxcontrollor kit on ebay need help check out my tut
    http://www.ibotmodz....amp;#entry39015

#10 diet

diet

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 88 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

Do it urself it only take about 20$ look for xboxcontrollor kit on ebay need help check out my tut
    http://www.ibotmodz....amp;#entry39015

See this is what I hate, people that don't read the entire topic and just post a reply. Hey oh wise one, I wasn't the one asking for the help. I gave the original poster the help he needed and did so in a very descriptive manor.

-diet