General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

How to Softmod Your Xbox With Krayzie Ndure Installer
    Written by AzzidReign

Requirements:
    Newest Microsoft Dashboard
    If you had/have xbox live that won't be a problem. The last dashboard update I believe was in 2006.
    Action Replay:
    actionreplay.jpg
    You can buy it here from Amazon
    Must own 1 of these 3 games:
    mechassault.jpg 007.jpg splintercell.jpg
    Xbox LIVE! Gamertag: Must have a gamertag on your Xbox before you softmod. If you do not, you will have to use the Extras folder that comes with the installer.
    Krayzie's Softmod Installer Files:
    Please download the correspond file of the game you have. (These are direct iBotModz Downloads, Please do not abuse)

This download contains the SID 5.0.1 exploits for all 3 exploited games.
    or here: http://www.mediafire...zfrg/sid501.rar

NOTE: When you are done downloading, make sure to unrar/unpack the files. NEVER UNPACK THE UDATA WHEN YOU SEE IT.

Getting your gamesaves on your Memory Unit (MU)
    • 1. Install the software that came with your Action Replay (will be referred as AR from now on). If you are confused at what this means, a disc comes with AR, put that in and install it.
    • 2. Plug in your AR USB adapter into your USB port on your computer. Make sure your memory card is in the adapter now.
    • 3. Bring up the AR program. It should look like this (the pictures below show SID installer but it's the same concept, it just won't say SID for the file):
    • AR1.jpg
    • 4. Navigate to your Krayzie Ndure Installer folder and in that folder, go to the save folder (for Splinter Cell, there is 2 saves folders) and drag the RARed udata (remember to drag BOTH udata's for SC if thats the game you are using) to the Memory Card (MC) slot on your AR software. It should look like this:
    • AR2.jpg
    • 5. Once you have both files on your MC, remove it from the AR adapter and bring it over to your Xbox. Plug it into your controller and boot up your Xbox without a game in the drive.
    • 6. Transfer the files onto your hard drive (hdd). To do this go to the "Memory" screen from the main standard MS Dashboard. When you get into the memory menu, click on the memory card (by pressing left on the D-Pad) and select it by pressing A. When you get into your memory card and find the file, you might have to press the right button on your D-Pad to select the file and then choose copy. Do this for BOTH files or else the installation will not work/start.
    Krayzie Softmod 1.1 Tutorial

IMPORTANT!!!! 007 Game Exploit Users ONLY
    Please read quoted text below, anyone else can skip

The 007 version needs to be loaded a certain way in order to get the save working otherwise it will just boot to a black
    screen. When you get to the load game screen DON'T select load game but start a new one. Then when you reached the actual
    game (after the cutscene), hit the start button and select quit game, Then go back to the load game screen and this time
    select "load game".

Step 1: Now that the files have been transfered to the Xbox, put the game in that you are going to use to softmod with (Splinter Cell, Mechassault, 007:AUF). Each game is different when it comes to how to load linux. Here's the break down:

Splinter Cell: Go to Start Game, click LINUX, and you wont see any check points, but still press A for the Check Points twice. Then the installer should load up. Pics of the process:

SC1.jpg SC2.jpg SC3.jpg

Mechassault: Go to Campaign, click Run Linux and that should load the installer. Mechassualt is known to be harder to get the installer loading since it requires a certain edition. Please be sure that when you have 'Run Linux' highlighted, the files description is as follows:
    Controls: Normal
    Difficulty: Regular
    Current Level: Going Down Hard
    If that does not show up, then you will have to get a different version or get Splinter Cell or 007.
    Pics of the process:

MA.jpg

007: Go to Load Mission, then select the Xbox Hard Disk option and that should load the installer. Pics of the process:

AUF1.jpg AUF2.jpg AUF3.JPG

NOTE: If it loads a black/blank screen, this means that your MU (memory unit) is corrupting the files. People have been able to fix this by using a different MU to transfer the gamesaves.

• Step 2: Click 1st Backup EEPROM
    • -- Click Yes or OK for the next 2 windows then a new screen will come up and click BACKUP EEPROM
    • Step 3: I suggest going to SETTINGS at the bottom, get your IP and FTP to your Xbox (view this tutorial to FTP). Once you are in your Xbox, navigate to your EEPROM backup and transfer it to your computer.
    • Step 4: OPTIONAL: If you don�t have FTP access, then click COPY EEPROM TO MU. This will back up your EEPROM to your memory card (MU = MEMORY UNIT).
    • Step 5: Click Basic Installation
    • Step 6: PERSONAL PREFERENCE: I suggest using UNLEASHX (UX) for this step since its more user friendly for beginners. Once you become more advanced, I suggest moving over to EvolutionX (EvoX) since you can customize it more.
    • Step 7: After choosing one of the dashboards stated above, you will get a message asking to PROCEED. Please, if you didn�t verify your current MS Dashboard BEFORE you started this softmod process, please restart your Xbox and check to see what your dashboard is. If you know for sure its MS 5960, the proceed.
    • Step 8: It�s going to go through screens, read them to know what is going on and keep proceeding. All that�s going on is the installer is checking to make sure it can move it without running into errors. Once everything is present, it will begin softmodding your Xbox.
    • Step 9: Once it is done modifying your Xbox, you will get a message saying to turn off your Xbox or press OK. Press OK. Once it is shut off, press the EJECT button to get your game out.
    • Step 10: You will get a screen that says PRESS A. Press it. Read the message that comes up and click ok.
    • Step 11: Once it is done making the Shadow C, you will be a completion message. Read each message that comes up after you click OK.
    Your Xbox will then restart and you now have a MODIFIED XBOX! Congrats!

Get On Xbox LIVE!
    (2 ways: coldboot and dual boot)

First, make sure that you have your network settings setup right. Usually people are on an automatic IP, so change your IP setting to DHCP (aka automatic IP). You can find this setting in your MODDED DASH, go to settings, and look for a network setting, in there you will see a setting for your IP.

There are 2 ways for you to get on Xbox LIVE! The first and highly recommended way is to cold boot:

Cold Boot
    • 1. Put your game disc in the Drive.
    • 2. Turn your Xbox off
    • 3. Press the power button to turn your Xbox on while the game is still in the drive
    This should make it so you do not boot to your modified bios therefore allowing you to get on Xbox LIVE! The second way is to set up a dual boot system. Do not do this if you are wanting to do the part of the tutorial to enable yourself to create gamertags.

Dual Boot (XBL Compatible)
    • 1. Reload your linux installer (go back into your game to load it)
    • 2. Select Multiboot
    • 3. Choose �Dual Retail�.
    Now, when you want to go on Live, press the Eject (larger) button. When the dash loads, check to see if the LED is green. If it�s green, you are good to go. Put the game in and you can now play on live.

Create Xbox LIVE! gamertags
    • 1. Go to Apps
    • 2. Go to Krayzie Extras
    • 3. Go to Dual Boot
    • 4. Choose Dual Boot LiveDash
    Now when you hit your EJECT button to turn your Xbox on, that should lead you to your Live dash which should give you the option to create new gamertags.

#2 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

NOTE: you will only be banned from mm if you go into mm after you mod you will be banned from customs and mm so please only mod in custom games

#3 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Wrong, Bungie has never condoned modders to allow customs. Don't mod on live at all, or you will never enjoy matchmaking again

#4 .MeLo♥

.MeLo♥

Has been every Staff.

• Retired Staff

• 1,315 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

this is the tut i used to mod
    good memorys
    great tut also

#5 daKHAOSguy

daKHAOSguy

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 111 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

thax a very helpful post!! and i guess this means im a nubcake

#6 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

i would definetly go with unleash x thats the best dash yet next to avalanch

#7 us marines 479

us marines 479

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

Wrong, Bungie has never condoned modders to allow customs. Don't mod on live at all, or you will never enjoy matchmaking again

Hes right unless you ahve an xbox 360 as well you can then play on another account like i did

#8 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

Updated to Crazy nDure Installer as Linux installer is outdated and a bit unsafe for the noobs.

#9 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

So whats the difference between PAL and NTSC? For splinter cell at least.

#10 Decatur

Decatur

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

Bump
    Up
    My
    I need that question answered >_<

#11 Esjay

Esjay

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 94 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

So whats the difference between PAL and NTSC? For splinter cell at least.

NTSC is japan and US, PAL is europe. :D

#12 Decatur

Decatur

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

Thank you I was trying to find out for the longest time.

Edited by Decatur, 01 December 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#13 BlacksiteFan

BlacksiteFan

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

I really do like this guide, but is there any way to mod my Xbox without an AR? Because, I can't find no ARs where I live.

#14 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

I really do like this guide, but is there any way to mod my Xbox without an AR? Because, I can't find no ARs where I live.

You buy them from http://codejunkies.com/. If they aren't in production any more you would need to try ebay or a site like that.

#15 Decatur

Decatur

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:43 AM

Im re-buying this

http://us.codejunkie...__EF000319.aspx

#16 Joe Walls

Joe Walls

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 258 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

Thanks!

#17 V3NOM

V3NOM

Sergeant Grade 3

• Members

• 475 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thanks!

Wow
    Way to bump up an old topic...
    stop spamming

#18 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

since this topic is bumped back into existance, i would like to point out you can mod on xbox live now without getting banned, mm auto boots you within a minute however <_<

#19 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

since this topic is bumped back into existance, i would like to point out you can mod on xbox live now without getting banned, mm auto boots you within a minute however <_<

I can go through a whole match with super speed without getting booted. Just did it this weekend. I was running off a hotswapped xbox live modded disc though.