• Please log in to reply
    24 replies to this topic

#1 T3A guy

T3A guy

:)

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing tht could happen is a modded xex file that runs unsigned code.
    since there are still topics coming up about this i will explain- EVERYTHING THAT YOU COULD MOD IN HALO 2 ARE USING .MAP!
    That includes-
    new textures
    projectile swaps
    any campaign modding
    anything character swaps (that you can play as)
    anything else that you can edit in Johnson or are editing .map files.

#2 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Why exactly?

#3 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Nuklear... that's what i was about to say.

Care to explain why the word "impossible" is used. I bet it was used for Halo 2 as well... yet it happened, didn't it. It will happen, and it has happened. Shade has one. END of story.

#4 .Eli

.Eli

1337 Hacker

• Members+

• 414 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

Shade and eazyb are the only ones i know with one

#5 h34dxsh0t

h34dxsh0t

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

there using dev kits

#6 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Impossible? No.

Going to take a long-a** time? Yes...

Remember what Anth0ny said about a custom kernel being released...

The would disable Xbox lIve, while allowing unsigned code.

I don't know much about the specs of this or even the definition of "custom kernel", but I assume it is a very time-consuming process to develope it and would function similarly to a modded dashboard. *Goes to XB-S to check info*

EditZ: w00T H34dx first same-time-post on iBotModz!!

#7 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

they can actually .map mod, those two don't use dev-kits.

#8 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

I didn't know anyone had .MAP resigner. It should take forever though to find the key that is used to generate the RSA encryption. So either they got it, or not.

#9 T3A guy

T3A guy

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

its not like this is new news but some ppl stil dont get it so i posted it
    and ur right it culd happen... in literally more than 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    000 years.
    and making a h2 maps only took like 1 year to make

#10 LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 422 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

Why would making a .map resigner take so much longer than the con that people have now? I would think they would take the same amount of time to make.

#11 RtG_Swimmer_FS

RtG_Swimmer_FS

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 110 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

T3ABAGGER, First off, no one listen to him he dosent know what hes talking about, there coulb be a .map resigner in the rear future, do you know how many people are working on one?

also the only hard part would be getting that key peches said, shade made one cause he threatened bungie or something like that.

#12 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

T3ABAGGER, First off, no one listen to him he dosent know what hes talking about, there coulb be a .map resigner in the rear future, do you know how many people are working on one?

also the only hard part would be getting that key peches said, shade made one cause he threatened bungie or something like that.

You are all so $%#^%# stupid, I swear to god. No one except Bungie can resign maps. Shade does not have a .map resigner. Why is every spreading lies about him? None of you know shade and your all just talking s*** about him...

#13 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

You are all so *&@#@@ stupid, I swear to god. No one except Bungie can resign maps. Shade does not have a .map resigner. Why is every spreading lies about him? None of you know shade and your all just talking * about him...

Thank you.

NOBODY HAS A DAMN .map RESIGNER.

#14 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

SHADE has a .map resighner ive seen it and he sioghnes for his close friends i know he does and belive me it we be out before the con sighner because more people have been working on it and they been working on it for longer ..... SHADE HAS A .MAP resighner

#15 hyperlag

hyperlag

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Can I point out how stupid you all sound? I've only seen like 2 posts that aren't just arguing over the same stupid topic.

I didn't know anyone had .MAP resigner. It should take forever though to find the key that is used to generate the RSA encryption. So either they got it, or not.

You are all so *&@#@@ stupid, I swear to god. No one except Bungie can resign maps. Shade does not have a .map resigner. Why is every spreading lies about him? None of you know shade and your all just talking * about him...

yes, those were the only posts that weren't babbling around. People use some $%#^%# common sense and please talk like you're older than a $%#^%# 12-year old.

Now, Shade45 doesn't have a .map resigner. He even told me that he doesn't have one. EazyB doesn't have a .map resigner, and just last night confessed that there isn't one (in the chat box he explained how no .map resigner exists). There have been several "stories" going around on how shade "got a con resigner". One was that he threatened bungie for it. Another is that his dad works at bungie and gave it to him. They're all lies, get over it. You're trying to protect something that isn't worth protecting. I mean, why is it such a big deal trying to protect someone you don't even know?
    For all of you comparing halo 3 to halo 2, it's not the same boat here. Halo 2 was just a CRC check to make sure the maps copied correctly, while halo 3 is actual protection. Not just protection, but RSA-2048 (although we can't be too sure of the key size (note that it was said the CON files used RSA-2048 -.-)).
    Secondly, it's near-impossible to crack the RSA-2048 because of the shear effort that it requires. If you wanted to bruteforce the actual key, it would take longer than actually factoring it, and factoring one with today's technology would still take billions of years. Bungie never placed the private key onto the halo 3 disk, or anywhere we could get it from, so we're done there.
    @ Grizzley, it would take longer to build a .map resigner because nobody has the keys. With CON files, we were able to obtain the keys from the keyvault. With .maps, there is only the public key. So don't compare it to simple CON files. It would be more of a comparison to LIVE or PIRS files.
    @ crosseyes, good job for stating that. However there's more to a custom kernel than just developing it. We still need a better way of getting the xbox 360 to run unsigned code. Since any custom made kernel wouldn't be signed for retail, all retail xbox 360's wouldn't run it. We could use the KK exploit, but that would also limit it to a small group of people, or basically everyone who has enough money to buy an infectus chip and timing attack chip.
    @ Dark slipstream, They used dev-kits for any mods that they made. End of story. Nobody has a .map resigner except for whatever bungie uses.
    @ skipper, just stfu. You're protecting something that isn't even worth protecting, and isn't even true.

#16 T3A guy

T3A guy

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY SHADE45 HAS A MAP RESIGNER IS IF HE SNEAKED INTO BUNGIE AND STOLE IT FROM ONE OF THEIR COMPUTERS OR MADE A GUESS THAT IS LUCKIER THAN WINNING THE LOTTERY 10 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!
    Shadow Lag, Shade45, Detox, and athony use dev kits with a modded xex that allows for their xbox to run unsigned code. THE DEV KITS DONT RUN UNSIGNED CODE!!!!

#17 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

its not like this is new news but some ppl stil dont get it so i posted it
    and ur right it culd happen... in literally more than 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    000 years.
    and making a h2 maps only took like 1 year to make

K, h2 mods took like a year to make, we've modded forge varients a month after the game was released, and we still have a few months till its the 1 year anniversary for release. If you compare the modding timeline, H3 was modded quicker, in a sense.

#18 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

Even if we get the key, thats only like the "hint" key. Then we can decode/decrypt with it. Its like National Treasure 2. We have to steal the key, then decode it.

#19 T3A guy

T3A guy

• Members+

• 1,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

right but some people just dont realize that there are different levels of difficulty.
    Modding halo 1=1
    modding halo 2=3
    modding halo 3 con=4
    modding halo 3 map=99999999999999

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
    • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Even if we get the key, thats only like the "hint" key. Then we can decode/decrypt with it. Its like National Treasure 2. We have to steal the key, then decode it.

Getting the key is the hard part. Decoding it is the easy one.