• Please log in to reply
    20 replies to this topic

#1 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

is it possible for them to do so and if it is if i had an offline xbox withought the update could i still play then ???

#2 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

Yes it is possible, and they have banned a couple keypairs from 360GS already.

#3 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

Microsoft will ban keypairs, and send a console update global-wide. If you never download it, the signer will still work. Otherwise, you need a new keypair.

#4 D.HeRo♥

D.HeRo♥

MeLo Is TeH ReSpEcToR

• Retired Staff

• 692 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

they didnt ban the keypair, they put the console id in a blacklist. to ban the keypair would be like starting a xbox from scratch. bye bye arcade games you bought the maps you have the game saves, everything

EDIT* lol microsoft scanning every xbox for everything with a con on it would take a while, i say it will be offline for about a week if it happens

#5 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

they didnt ban the keypair, they put the console id in a blacklist. to ban the keypair would be like starting a xbox from scratch. bye bye arcade games you bought the maps you have the game saves, everything

EDIT* lol microsoft scanning every xbox for everything with a con on it would take a while, i say it will be offline for about a week if it happens

Your ignorant. The CON keypair is unique to EVERY Xbox 360.

#6 D.HeRo♥

D.HeRo♥

MeLo Is TeH ReSpEcToR

• Retired Staff

• 692 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

yes, by using your console and user ID. And im not ignorant, im stupid.

#7 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

yes, by using your console and user ID. And im not ignorant, im stupid.

Ignorant can mean more than one thing, in my case, I meant it to mean that you are ill informed about the subject. And no, there is a different private key (encryption key) for every single Xbox 360, there is also a different public key (decryption key)for every single Xbox 360.

#8 LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 422 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

When they ban your key pair what exactly happens?

#9 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

When they ban your key pair what exactly happens?

All CON files signed with it become invalid.

#10 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

oh so like basicly there banning you not every xbox out there am i right
    because im getting a new xbox and the old 1 im going 2 leave offline 2 prevent updates or just to mods on

#11 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

Basically if your keypair was banned, your map files are all invalid, same with gametypes, videos, etc. So you need to delete them all, and start over. Basically wrecks everything for you, something i really do not want to go through.

#12 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

Wait...I never knew 360's used a unique keypair per console...

Prove me wrong...but does this not mean that the concept of a public resigner is virtually impossible? Though modders could still release the information and the apps necessary for more advanced modders to build their own signers from their 360's keypair...

Unless the files in question relied only on server-side decryption and the encryption key was not necessary for resigning......yeah I obviously have no clue what I'm talking about now please fill me in.

#13 skipper132

skipper132

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 194 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

wait so is this likable to happen is ms going to go around banning keypairs next and stop variant modding 1nce and forall?????????????????????????????????????

#14 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

Prove me wrong...but does this not mean that the concept of a public resigner is virtually impossible? Though modders could still release the information and the apps necessary for more advanced modders to build their own signers from their 360's keypair...

Unless the files in question relied only on server-side decryption and the encryption key was not necessary for resigning......yeah I obviously have no clue what I'm talking about now please fill me in.

That's the whole point. Releasing a CON resigner is stupid in many ways.

#15 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

That's the whole point. Releasing a CON resigner is stupid in many ways.

So...you mean all the blabbering I was doing actually made sense?

If I was right, then It sounds like Bungie may be on the verge of totally owning some modders...

#16 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

So...you mean all the blabbering I was doing actually made sense?

If I was right, then It sounds like Bungie may be on the verge of totally owning some modders...

No, if people keep the resigners to themselves, then they will be alright, but if some retard releases their, then they're gonna lose all of their content and the content resigned by it.

Also, I'm sure Microsoft will be glad to have a nice talk with them.

#17 armageddonsnipe

armageddonsnipe

Private

• Members+

• 32 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

can somebody pm me to explain all things about keypairs?
    i'm not understanding.

I actually gamesave, if keypair ban mean put the xbox on blacklist than i'm understanding.

But if microsoft bans the keypair of one guy with moded forge, they'll become unplayable cause blacklisted, but if one guy download them, and use the Save Change option, the game will resign it with his id's , so the forge will still be playble.

i don't understand

please explain meeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

edit: wait, there is profile ID (profile) device ID (hard drive) console id (unique console) AND container ID ??????

#18 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

Each CON has some RSA encrypted data which is encrypted with the consoles private key, which is unique to every Xbox 360. Then the public key to decrypt the encrypted data is in the CON header, resigners change the public key to the one that goes with their private key so the data is decypted correctly.

#19 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

He may be asking what exactly happens when M$ bans your 360's keypair.

I know it ruins all user created content* signed under your 360's keypair unless you can go through the trouble of resigning it with a working keypair...

But that leaves me with a question that would in turn answer his question...

When M$ bans your keypair, does it assign you a new, working one? If yes, then you could still create forge content.

If no, would there be any way to get custom content working again without having to manually resign every time you save changes?

* ~ O ya, this applies to arcade games, downloaded movies, etc.. anything that uses a .CON file.

#20 Lux

Lux

Private

• Members+

• 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

He may be asking what exactly happens when M$ bans your 360's keypair.

I know it ruins all user created content* signed under your 360's keypair unless you can go through the trouble of resigning it with a working keypair...

But that leaves me with a question that would in turn answer his question...

When M$ bans your keypair, does it assign you a new, working one? If yes, then you could still create forge content.

If no, would there be any way to get custom content working again without having to manually resign every time you save changes?

* ~ O ya, this applies to arcade games, downloaded movies, etc.. anything that uses a .CON file.

No, that would completely defeat the purpose of banning it in the first place.