• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 Akuseru

Akuseru

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

Posted by Achronos (Bungie.net Overlord)

05.30.2008 10:28 AM PDT

Tom Achronos
    Bungie.net Overlord

People posting modified content to the forums will be banned for 30 days at minimum. I will also likely start handing out permanent upload bans to people (so you can't use your file share or screenshot gallery anymore) if you continue to upload modified screenshots - regardless of if you actually created the image or not.

The rest of you can help by using your report button on all modified content posted to bungie.net, especially such content posted to the forums.. It has no place on bungie.net.

Please be aware that there is still no way to do Halo 2-style matchmaking modding in Halo 3, I'm only referring to people who are altering file share content and uploading said changes to bungie.net. I am also referring to those people who make the problem worse by copying such files to their own file share. Remember the "don't reply to spam" rule? Well, for modified content, "I didn't make it" is not an excuse that will save you

Original post on Bungie.net

Also, they are starting to ban everyone with modded content on their fileshare.

It's this the beggining?...or the end?

#2 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

bungie is so stupid, they don't realize that if they ban people, they will release the con resigner and there will be more and more mods

#3 Nuklear♥

Nuklear♥

Snail is awesome!

• Members+

• 255 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Let me clear this up for you.

Tom Achronos
    Bungie.net Overlord

People posting modified content to the forums will be banned for 30 days at minimum. I will also likely start handing out permanent upload bans to people (so you can't use your file share or screenshot gallery anymore) if you continue to upload modified screenshots - regardless of if you actually created the image or not.

The rest of you can help by using your report button on all modified content posted to bungie.net, especially such content posted to the forums.. It has no place on bungie.net.

Please be aware that there is still no way to do Halo 2-style matchmaking modding in Halo 3, I'm only referring to people who are altering file share content and uploading said changes to bungie.net. I am also referring to those people who make the problem worse by copying such files to their own file share. Remember the "don't reply to spam" rule? Well, for modified content, "I didn't make it" is not an excuse that will save you

Achronos is talking about screenshots and publishing modded maps to Halo 3 maps forum.

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

bungie is so stupid, they don't realize that if they ban people, they will release the con resigner and there will be more and more mods

Your the stupid one, everybody that made a mod, does not have a resigner

#5 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

ok pimpintyler sorry ... learnn nott to take everythingg literally spoken... some people said "if bungie bans me that resigner is released"

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

ok pimpintyler sorry ... learnn nott to take everythingg literally spoken... some people said "if bungie bans me that resigner is released"

I do? and I was just stating that they in fact don't have a resigner and are just saying that.

#7 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

You know they can ban the keypair and completely destroy the CON resigner if it was released?

#8 armageddonsnipe

armageddonsnipe

Private

• Members+

• 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

You know they can ban the keypair and completely destroy the CON resigner if it was released?

no, the con resigner is not only for halo but for all the file, bungie only could change the hashes

#9 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

no, the con resigner is not only for halo but for all the file, bungie only could change the hashes

No, if Microsoft bans the CON resigner's keypair, it becomes useless. It doesn't matter what the CON resigner can do.

#10 DJG89

DJG89

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 90 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

and if they had to change the hashes they would have to make a whole new disk and they cant ban the con resigner because it would take them at least 4 years to figure out how they did it and how to reverse it and it is used for many other things too so if they got the resigner people could still mod and they couldnt do anything about it

#11 jordandipaolo

jordandipaolo

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 84 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

and if they had to change the hashes they would have to make a whole new disk and they cant ban the con resigner because it would take them at least 4 years to figure out how they did it and how to reverse it and it is used for many other things too so if they got the resigner people could still mod and they couldnt do anything about it

thats not true if they got there hands on it and they probly will because it will be a public file so therefore they will find out the stuff they need to know

#12 illusive

illusive

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

wow bungies cool its not like they would acually banned modders cause if they did then more people would get ahold of the resigner