•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Change Weapon Names!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

STEPs:

1. Download "Hex Workshop 4.23"
    2. After its done downloading open Hex Workshop.
    3. Once the programs running click File then open.
    4. Open the .map file you wish to hex edit.
    5. Once the maps open your going to hit these two keys at the same time Ctrl+F, (its a shortcut to the find branch of the program).
    6. After you press ctrl+f youll notice a window pops up, make sure type=Text String and for options only the following should be checked off, "find all instances" and "ASCII string" and for direction it should be down
    7. Youll notice i skipped the "Value" box, well thats cuz you type that in value means the word your looking for ex. Shotgun.
    8. After you type in the word you wish to change you click the "OK" button on the bottom of that window.
    9. After clicking ok youll notice a bunch of numbers pop up in the bottom right ex.00000011 exc.
    10. keep on clicking the 0000 numbers until you find the text you wish to edit(when clicking the numbers the text is highlighted in the window on the top right)
    11. Once you find the text you wish to edit whatever you change it to say has to be the same length or shorter however if its shorter you cant delete anything you must replace it with the space button so it goes blank.
    12.Then once the changes are made just press file save and when it asks you if you wish to make a backup press no.

Now if you had a hardtime following that heres a walkthrough on how i changed my shotgun.
    1. i opened a clean warlock.map file in hex
    2. then i hit ctrl+f
    3. then i set everything and typed in for the value "shotgun".
    4. then i clicked on all the 00000 numbers in the bottom right until i found one that looked like "you picked up a shotgun."
    5. It was at the bottom if your searching for it as your reading this tut. The address is 01A3BEA0.
    6. Then i clicked on the part of the text box right at the begging of picked so my typing cursor appeared.
    7. then i typed "PPF NOOBS SUCK!" and as you type youll notice it replaces the letter that you type over.
    8. And as i was done typing i noticed that i still had the tgun left of the word shotgun so after ppf noobs suck! i put 4 spaces.
    9. Then i pressed save then resigned and ftpd the map in and it worked