• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 MrTwiggy101

MrTwiggy101

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hey everyone! I just wanted to start off by saying, I modded this map. So this is in NO WAY leaking at all. I am choosing to publicly release the map. Now, onto the second part. While this may not appeal to some, it was first and for most meant mostly for a test. I wanted to test two things, the properties of an active trip mine, and how many I could put without overloading the map. Also, this is just meant as a fun game. Something to play with your friends a couple of times when your bored, even by yourself on the down time. I will be making more harder, and complex obstacle courses/fun game maps with mods, if I see positive feedback and see that the modding community actually like these. If not, I will move along.

I'm sorry if anybody thinks this map is absolutely horrible or it disgusts them. I respect your opinion, but this was, first and foremost, a test. But I tried to make it as fun as possible!

Anyways, onto the good stuff. While, on this map there aren't very mods. Two, actually. But the mod is what builds the map, without it, the map would be pointless. The first mod, is spawning active trip mines at the beginning of the round. For those who don't understand, essentially, think of starting up a round, but there are already tripmines around that if you walk over, you blow up. The second mod, which was fitted only on the easy version of this mod, was simply for deceration and to liven it up. It was the yellow security lights. I actually like them very much within the room and how they glow Although they are host-only

Now, onto screenshots!

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

Now! Onto how to download! To download, simply go to my fileshare on bungie.net. Login to your windows live id, and click download. For the best experience possible, I recommend downloading the Oddball gametype entitled ''Obstacle Course'' and use that to play on the maps, as it was specificly built for those maps. Simply get to the oddball and pick it up! The gametype is on slot 3, the maps, are on 4 and 5. Slot 4 is the harder version, it is the exact same, except there are around 40-50 tripmines in total. Slot 5 is the easier version, it is the exact same, except there are around 20-25 tripmines, and pretty lights!

Fileshare: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileS ... rTwiggy101

#2 zZDarkLegacyZz

zZDarkLegacyZz

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 361 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

lolololololololololololol..............gay

#3 Valid

Valid

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 189 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Cool, i always wanted a map with already active tripmines!

#4 woodley bonner

woodley bonner

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

Looks sweet! mad props for actualy making a playable mod! Way to step it up and take it to a level almost no mods have.

#5 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

do they respawn?and if you can do that is it possible to edit the time it takes for the trip mine to become active after being thrown, also is it possible to get rid of the trip mines glow and buzz?

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

At least halo 3 modding is getting better. I want proj swaps, or bipd swaps.

#7 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

same but i never did bipd swapping i had mikeo do it for me but i did bipd editng by myself. i want to play as one of those camo brutes they look cool if you see there un-camoflauged bodies.(like the killzone characters)

#8 infamouslink

infamouslink

Private

• Members+

• 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

Awesome man! Whats the found machine and troop hog variant btw?

#9 dschu012

dschu012

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 83 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

cool, will try it out

#10 MrTwiggy101

MrTwiggy101

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

Okay. I will try to respond to each person's comment/question.

lolololololololololololol..............gay

I am not sure why you felt you had to do that without leaving any reason or constructive criticism. Although, I believe that you are RepaidReaper from *****, who posted the exact same thing at the starting of his quote. Except he actually put a reason...

Cool, i always wanted a map with already active tripmines!

And there you have it!

Looks sweet! mad props for actualy making a playable mod! Way to step it up and take it to a level almost no mods have.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the positive feedback.

do they respawn?and if you can do that is it possible to edit the time it takes for the trip mine to become active after being thrown, also is it possible to get rid of the trip mines glow and buzz?

In this particular mod, no, they do not respawn. But it can be done. But as said in the first post. I wasn't sure if just 40 mines would overload the map. So I will test around with that and I will get back to you. I am not sure if you are talking about this particular mod, or in general. On this mod, you CAN make the active tripmines respawn after a certain set time. For example, lets say I wanted people to spawn, then, 10 seconds later, the tripmines spawn, that is possible. But I don't believe you can make a mod in which, you throw a tripmine, it is dull for 10 seconds, then becomes active. Also, I don't think, right now, it is possible. Maybe with a Hybrid 360.

I want them too

Awesome man! Whats the found machine and troop hog variant btw?

The Found Machine is a map I made. If you play it with the Cloning gametype, when you spawn, go inside the shield doors and get hit by the soccer ball, you should have no shields, then go to one of the turrets, get on it, then detach it. You will die, but there will be a clone of you. The Troop Hog variant is map I made for my glitching clan. You can go to the video link right after this and there will be a tutorial on how to use the map to ride the troop hog!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2dedSplEM
    Also, if you want to see a tutorial on how to clone yourself using the Black Machine and Found Machine, go to this video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fDHj6kGAk
    I would like to make a quick note. That is my glitching clan. My modding clan is ''All-Star Modders'' with me, Nox, William, Kenadian Halo, iliketunapaste, Mr Miyagi, and a couple of more people.

cool, will try it out

Cool, I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to post your feedback and opinion! ;D

#11 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

Brilliant map

If only i could do that...

#12 iKhaosmaster

iKhaosmaster

Yawn

• Members+