• Please log in to reply
    25 replies to this topic

#1 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

ok i know this site revalves around halo, and modding and etc etc. but i play halo AND MMORPG's so i thought why not ask the public of ibotmodz if they are anthing like me. im sure you have all heard of World of Warcraft (WoW) and others like that. so use this topic to discuss anything and everything MMO related.

ive personally never played WoW, but i have played many smaller less famous ones. if your interseted in trying out some free to download, and free to play MMORPG's vist http://www.mmosite.com they have a FREAKING huge selection of games for all different levels of computers. one thing is that if you find one you like then you will have to join there site to download from them. but it just takes a second. other web sites offer many of the same games and you can ususally download the game from the games official web page.

EDIT: im also looking for recomendations on what games to play and what not to play. i have a low end lap top. so i cant take much but is kinda played flyff and it played trickster well. im not sure of the details i will update them later

#2 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

i play a MMORPG called Rappelz.

very fun game.
    its a very simple game. not hard to figure out. but i find it a great get away from the bordom that is H3

#3 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

I have played a ton of Free MMORPGs, I'll try and list as many as I can.....

Fllyff
    Knight
    Conqour
    Thang
    Runescape (Has option to be free2play)
    WoW (private servers)
    Rappelz
    Gun

And a ton more that I can't think of..

#4 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

dont play FLyff it sucks!

#5 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

ive played flyff (i didnt notice it was that bad until i played it a bit and compared it to others) and a couple other ones not worth mentioning. but my biggest problem is that my lap top isnt really "good" i has a hard time playing them so im kinda stuck until i get a better laptop.

#6 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

I played runescape once.

I was level one. I walked into the wilderness.

Watch two guys kill someone. Take his stuff.

Than ran and sold the stuff. Then i quit

#7 .MeLo♥

.MeLo♥

Has been every Staff.

• Retired Staff

• 1,315 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!

FOUR LVL 70'S FTW!!!

#8 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!

FOUR LVL 70'S FTW!!!

holy crap thats amazing. i know that they recently made it easier to lvl up but you must have done, by far, most of it before that update. i know a guy with one lvl 70 and i though he was amazing. welcome to my imaginary list of heros.

#9 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

I used to play runescape sadly

#10 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

im going to download this one game called gunz the duel. it in open beta stage and it has was seams to be low requirments. i think it looks amazing. im going to download it to night. let me know if you play it or you have played it and have somthing to say about it, good or bad.

#11 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

I have played it but really nothing to say about it, let me just tell you it is a interesting game.

#12 Demon

Demon

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 114 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:05 AM

I used to play runescape sadly

me too , what a nubcake, what was i thinking :o now i play last chaos in my spare time for a bit of fun, its an alright mmorpg but i prefer WoW but @#%$ monthly fees but that does have its upside to it. Private servers are alright but my main problem is that it crashes for me so yeah. idk why. it used to work :S

#13 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

I have played it but really nothing to say about it, let me just tell you it is a interesting game.

well i finaly downloaded it (GunZ the duel) an i was surprised. it a pvp game but not like takes turns or click and attack rpg. it a third person shooter, with swords. you still level up and buy equipment but it is closer to shadowrun or hellgate. its ok an i don't know how long ill play for. if anyone downloads it let me know ill give you my name an we can meet up. it recomend trying it. the grapics are no halo tho. they pretty much suck.

#14 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

If you guys would like to play on a WoW private server thats beast, just say so. Instant 80, greatest mall ever.. I'm telling you. LOTS of members!

If you would like to join a server thats just starting off, just say so. Im a GM on 1 server thats new and 1 server thats been down for 6 months.

#15 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

ive been curius about this for awhile, wahts the difference between a private server and a regular one in WoW? i havent played it yet but i know a bit about the game but i never knew about private servers. if anyone would like to explain this, proboly really simple, thing to it would be greatly appreceated.

#16 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

idk at all but i think they might be the way people don't need to pay $15 a month

#17 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

A private server is when WE I mean US make the servers ourself and they are FREE! The people who make the servers have all the powers on the server like they can make it instant 70, 80, or even 225. They get other people to become GM's ( Game Masters ) But we just join their servers and play like a regular player.

Things owners of private servers can do.

They can use something called GM commands and do whatever like spawn creatures or commands that gives GM's overpowered buffs. Or just instantly kills someone or whatever.

Lots mores stuff but I'm too lazy to type 3 full pages about private servers.

#18 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

A private server is when WE I mean US make the servers ourself and they are FREE! The people who make the servers have all the powers on the server like they can make it instant 70, 80, or even 225. They get other people to become GM's ( Game Masters ) But we just join their servers and play like a regular player.

Things owners of private servers can do.

They can use something called GM commands and do whatever like spawn creatures or commands that gives GM's overpowered buffs. Or just instantly kills someone or whatever.

Lots mores stuff but I'm too lazy to type 3 full pages about private servers.

hoooolay thats awsome, how do i get me some of that? torrents or somethin? or do you have to buy the game and hack it?

#19 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:00 PM

How to make your own server.

ac-web.org

Register, download repack 7.7 then install it

#20 subs_55

subs_55

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

How to make your own server.

ac-web.org

Register, download repack 7.7 then install it

do i need to buy WoW though? im sry this is confusing to me i havent heard about tis until recently and ive never done anything simular to this.