• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    276 replies to this topic

#61 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

As I understand it, they're getting tired of the maps being leaked. Due to unworthy beta testers. So they are making a mod for everymap and might release that. I don't think they will be releasing them on a day to day bases now.

#62 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:30 AM

As I understand it, they're getting tired of the maps being leaked. Due to unworthy beta testers. So they are making a mod for everymap and might release that. I don't think they will be releasing them on a day to day bases now.

Ok see i understand why they are getting tired n shizzle about leaked maps. But that is their beta testers faults, maybe even theirs a little for choosing unworthy people to beta, but not ours, so we are basically being punished why? Good news about the mod for everymap thing, but i dont know the future of modding halo is in their hands, im very very new to this whole topic, ive heard that releasing the con resigner would pretty much kill the game, ruin matchmaking etc. May i ask how, if someone would be so kind as to explain it to me. Also please do not take this as i am moaning or w.e about the modders, because apart from not releasing the maps for us ( which have got to us anyway, well some of them ), they have done an amazing job. Just dont understand as to why they wont just release the maps, which cant do any harm to halo 3.

#63 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:55 AM

The con resigner is a big part in modding halo 3. I don't understand alot, but I don't think their the only people who can mod. Soon enough my knowledge will be good enough to try out some stuff and always somebody will find a way. Maybe that involves xSATA instead of releasing mods through fileshares. Thats why Halo 3 modding is cool, you don't have to actually mod to mod. So thats why Bungie cannot ban us, because they would have to ban 1/2 of their community.

Short answer: Time will decide on weather we get a resigner or not.

#64 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Yep thats pretty much it, i just need someone to enlighten me as to why the release of the resigner will ruin halo. Just the way i see it, if it will really ruin halo, as much as i want modded maps, i dont want the game to be ruined. All we can do is wait, all eyes are on Anth0ny.

#65 woodley bonner

woodley bonner

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 108 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:36 AM

With a resigner you can give yourself recon, ms points, achievements, unlimited gamescore, free arcede games, free movies and shows o and mod halo 3 maps. So that wouldent be bad would it?

#66 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

With a resigner you can give yourself recon, ms points, achievements, unlimited gamescore, free arcede games, free movies and shows o and mod halo 3 maps. So that wouldent be bad would it?

Yes that would be bad, would ruin xbox live, online halo experience, most online game experiences. There would be no competition anymore, you wouldnt need to work to get your gamerscore, would be a pointless feature. Think of it like playing a game with aimboy, sure its fun killing everyone, winning every game, but you have defeated the object of it totally, therefore ruining the experience for everyone.

#67 woodley bonner

woodley bonner

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 108 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

WORD! so we ain't gittin no resigner no how. All the more reason for the responciple people who have it to release cool mods and suppress the urge to create a resigner in people like me. We already know that its possible so eventuly if properly motivated someone will create another resigner and probly release it.

#68 MFone

MFone

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 263 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

I heard that Anth0ny562 is making a resigner just for halo 3

#69 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

how come they get mad about mods being released ?

#70 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

Would it ever be possible, to get a map resigner for Halo 3, and mod the maps, burn sign them, burn them to a DVD, and have the 360 run the backup disk? OR Do you think that we could copy Halo 3 to the harddrive like the original xbox, then mod the maps resign them, and FTP them to our xbox?

#71 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

Burning backup modded Halo 3 discs is out of the question. You would need to extract the map's inject the maps of the exact same file size, to make sure the security sector stays the same. Or you would need to spend another 6 months cracking the security sector so we can just re-patch it. Not to mention the xboxlive XEX block and many other security features.

#72 SNIPERX1652

SNIPERX1652

Private Grade 2

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

i bet they all the modders have HUGE heads!! lol jk

#73 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

Any way you look at it its gonna be a very long time until we get a resigner. >.< And i dont see how he could create a resigner just for halo 3. I kinda do but like :/

#74 SNIPERX1652

SNIPERX1652

Private Grade 2

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

i heard the ratsnest mod will come out later tonight

#75 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

and u heard this from?

#76 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

and u heard this from?

#77 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

Its not suppose to come out anytime. Its supposed to be played tonight for BETA.

#78 RtG_Swimmer_FS

RtG_Swimmer_FS

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 110 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

The Pit V1.1 link is broken

#79 nickkrd

nickkrd

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 86 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

can u get the rats nest one plz me would like

#80 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:05 AM

Were trying to get all of them. Bungie has auto deleters. Which scan your maps and delete them. If you haven't notice, random modded maps are disappearing from your xbox. I lost my Valhalla v2, and Pit v1. The best one! dangit.