• Please log in to reply
    44 replies to this topic

#21 GhettoYeti32

GhettoYeti32

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

Theres already supposed to be modded maps with flyable pelicans by NateDog333. i got it but either i cant use it on a not modded 360 or it doesnt work. theres also a Snowy STANDOFF that doesnt work.

#22 jimjam

jimjam

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 77 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:53 AM

I think its nice that they added a landing pad but if the pelican isn't drivable it wont be much fun.

#23 nielsss

nielsss

Sergeant Grade 2

• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

Theres already supposed to be modded maps with flyable pelicans by NateDog333. i got it but either i cant use it on a not modded 360 or it doesnt work. theres also a Snowy STANDOFF that doesnt work.

NateDog is also the one who created a "virus" map;
    Map:StandOff
    Name:Trojan008.exe (name of the map)
    Effect:Erases Hardrive

/ That is a rumour that erases HDD...Most ppl say that it just makes their xbox

Sooooo natedog is a bit of a prick

#24 SNIPERX1652

SNIPERX1652

Private Grade 2

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

i hope you can fly it i really doubt it and there wouldn't be enough room but i can still hope

you cant,ive played with the guy who made this he wont show cause if you ask him he hates you

#25 SNIPERX1652

SNIPERX1652

Private Grade 2

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

NateDog is also the one who created a "virus" map;
    Map:StandOff
    Name:Trojan008.exe (name of the map)
    Effect:Erases Hardrive

/ That is a rumour that erases HDD...Most ppl say that it just makes their xbox

Sooooo natedog is a bit of a prick

nate dog is a ass

#26 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

Rumors, rumors, rumors. You cant fly that thing. Its impossible, The CON resigner doesn't allow it. Or thats a pic with someone using a devkit.

#27 poyssick

poyssick

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

i was told about a map for valahalla that was going to be out soon with a modded flyable pelican

#28 Advent Ninja

Advent Ninja

Recruit

• Members+

• 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

omg u hear alot of crap

#29 MFone

MFone

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 263 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

No u cant fly the pelican, but u can get inside it.

#30 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

Rumors, rumors, rumors. You cant fly that thing. Its impossible, The CON resigner doesn't allow it. Or thats a pic with someone using a devkit.

And why wouldn't it allow it? All you would need to do is switch the seat from pelican driver to warthog driver and switch a few things around, granted it would be a lot more difficult in halo 3, i dont see it as an impossibility.

#31 rusty92

rusty92

Private

• Members+

• 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

This and the Valhalla mod with the water level raised are the only mods I know about and don't have.

So you have snowbound? The pit? ( the one with pelican ). Im not gonna say your lieing, but you most probably are.

And why wouldn't it allow it? All you would need to do is switch the seat from pelican driver to warthog driver and switch a few things around, granted it would be a lot more difficult in halo 3, i dont see it as an impossibility.

Wouldnt it be much easier to import a banshee into the map, then change the seat for warthog driver ( or leave it ). And change the body model for the pelican one. Because for one considering you cant fly the pelican normally it probably wont even have a seat. Secondly warthog = driving, so if you put a warthog seat in would it not make the pelican drive ( if it worked anyway )?? Its not an impossibility, evidently, but it would be damn hard.

#32 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

This and the Valhalla mod with the water level raised are the only mods I know about and don't have.

So you have snowbound? The pit? ( the one with pelican ). Im not gonna say your lieing, but you most probably are.

Wouldnt it be much easier to import a banshee into the map, then change the seat for warthog driver ( or leave it ). And change the body model for the pelican one. Because for one considering you cant fly the pelican normally it probably wont even have a seat. Secondly warthog = driving, so if you put a warthog seat in would it not make the pelican drive ( if it worked anyway )?? Its not an impossibility, evidently, but it would be damn hard.

Well the pelican does have a bunch of seats, thats how its flown, its not all scripted. And also, even though you FLY a pelican the seat swap to Warthog driver would allow you to fly it, well at least that is how it worked in halo 2. And the only way it wouldnt work is if now bungie depends the physics of the vehicle by its seat.

#33 SNIPERX1652

SNIPERX1652

Private Grade 2

• Members

• 59 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

theres gon 2 be a new rats nest mod very soon! is what i heard

#34 nickkrd

nickkrd

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

No.

yes it is i aked william and he siad u can but there is somethinkg u have to do

#35 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

You cant switch things like that with a CON resigner, All you can do is spawn things.

#36 MFone

MFone

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

man we need to get this soon

#37 noodle1119

noodle1119

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 212 posts
    • Location:Ã?¢Ã?Å?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã?®Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã? Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?Â¥Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?¡

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

No. The only modding without a devkit is spawning things.

Hey i know since we cant resign the Live Container File and such, that we cant mod yet, but, if we could, could we somehow open up a forge game, then disassemble our xbox, while its still on, take out the Disk, (I know this may sound ridiculous but w.e) And somehow Access the cache map for Halo 3 since once you start a game, it loads the map in the cache and you play off of that to reduce lag, Anyways, somehow FTP the forge Map onto a pc, edit it, put it back on the 360, than put the disk back in, reassmble the xbox, then save the varient. And wouldnt that resign it? Because this is my understanding, In forge you MODIFY A MAP, so if you MODIFY a map in forge, wouldnt the game need to RESIGN the map so its usable, so if somehow we were able to mod the cache map, and then FTP back, wouldnt Halo do the resigning for us?

No. When you forge you are changing the Collection files, not the map. That is why there are no mods other than spawning thing you can download of the fileshares. Right now only people with DevKits can mod the actual .Maps.

but by changing the collection files you are in a way editing the map, and the map would have to be signed differently being different from the original right?

No, you are editing an external script which tells X item to spawn where.

#38 FATAL 213

FATAL 213

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

You cant fly the pelican lol

it would be cool if you could but we cant

#39 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+