• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

Let the hunt for this mod begin
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOURCE: http://www.bungie.ne...h...3 M41N DUD3

#2 sparta

sparta

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 192 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

i hope you can fly it i really doubt it and there wouldn't be enough room but i can still hope

#3 ToKcItY

ToKcItY

Private

• Members+

• 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

DRIVEABLE?

#4 noodle1119

noodle1119

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 212 posts
    • Location:Ã?¢Ã?Å?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã?®Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã? Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?Â¥Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?¡

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

No.

#5 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

No.

i doubt too all the mods they are comin out with suck

#6 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

I know, can't they do more than that ? the trees on Valhalla weren't even standing up

#7 nielsss

nielsss

Sergeant Grade 2

• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:57 AM

They are standing up in V2 and either way these modded forge varients, there not even actual modded maps.

#8 ToKcItY

ToKcItY

Private

• Members+

• 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

well if its not driveable, whats the point. the map, for all we know, could even be fake! the picture could be nicely photoshoped.

#9 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

it wont be drivable, but there are ways in forge to get on the pelican so it is real.

#10 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

why are the pictures different ?

#11 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

well caould you open forge modded variants in engineer? and could you say projectile swap the forge variants?

#12 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hey i know since we cant resign the Live Container File and such, that we cant mod yet, but, if we could, could we somehow open up a forge game, then disassemble our xbox, while its still on, take out the Disk, (I know this may sound ridiculous but w.e) And somehow Access the cache map for Halo 3 since once you start a game, it loads the map in the cache and you play off of that to reduce lag, Anyways, somehow FTP the forge Map onto a pc, edit it, put it back on the 360, than put the disk back in, reassmble the xbox, then save the varient. And wouldnt that resign it? Because this is my understanding, In forge you MODIFY A MAP, so if you MODIFY a map in forge, wouldnt the game need to RESIGN the map so its usable, so if somehow we were able to mod the cache map, and then FTP back, wouldnt Halo do the resigning for us?

#13 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

forge don't you change the things place on the map but thats it ?

#14 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

In forge you can add items that were not there before, but either way you are modifying the map, and it would need to be resigned.

#15 TheMasterSnail

TheMasterSnail

No Timmy Don't Jump!

• Retired Staff

• 461 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

were would i go to get my hands on this? and those little white things around the ship look faked!

#16 noodle1119

noodle1119

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 212 posts
    • Location:Ã?¢Ã?Å?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã?®Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã? Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?Â¥Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?¡

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Hey i know since we cant resign the Live Container File and such, that we cant mod yet, but, if we could, could we somehow open up a forge game, then disassemble our xbox, while its still on, take out the Disk, (I know this may sound ridiculous but w.e) And somehow Access the cache map for Halo 3 since once you start a game, it loads the map in the cache and you play off of that to reduce lag, Anyways, somehow FTP the forge Map onto a pc, edit it, put it back on the 360, than put the disk back in, reassmble the xbox, then save the varient. And wouldnt that resign it? Because this is my understanding, In forge you MODIFY A MAP, so if you MODIFY a map in forge, wouldnt the game need to RESIGN the map so its usable, so if somehow we were able to mod the cache map, and then FTP back, wouldnt Halo do the resigning for us?

No. When you forge you are changing the Collection files, not the map. That is why there are no mods other than spawning thing you can download of the fileshares. Right now only people with DevKits can mod the actual .Maps.

#17 saintsrule194

saintsrule194

Private

• Members+

• 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:05 AM

yo when i played that mod i took so many pictures of me jumping up and down on the pelican

#18 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

No. When you forge you are changing the Collection files, not the map. That is why there are no mods other than spawning thing you can download of the fileshares. Right now only people with DevKits can mod the actual .Maps.

but by changing the collection files you are in a way editing the map, and the map would have to be signed differently being different from the original right?

#19 woodley bonner

woodley bonner

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 108 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

This and the Valhalla mod with the water level raised are the only mods I know about and don't have.

#20 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Halo 3 mods aren't like halo 2 mods. Everything isn't in the .map file. With the addition of films and forge. Gamedata is stored in who knows where all over the game. To slow down loading times and prevent seamless forge stuff. So when you load forge you load the .map file, but then also the .container file of forge will then parses the information. Theres too much hooked to everything to mod it simply. In awhile we should find a way till then, you need a dev_kit to link those together or just mod the container files to swap forge spawns.