Today I proudly present Skyline. Skyline is a custom map I've created in the Ivory Tower BSP. As the pictures show, Ivory Tower is almost completely erased, which allowed me to create an entirely new environment and arena on the rooftop of two custom-made buildings. This map is full of obstacles, trees, and challenges--including jumping between buildings when you're on the offensive. Skyline was created to be a small yet intense combat map. In my test trials, I have found that there are just enough obstacles to use as cover while just enough to remain non-restrictive. This symmetrical map is littered with weapons both minor and heavy. You will find each building contains the very necessary sniper rifle and rocket launcher, too. My favorite addition to the map, however, is the new flying vehicle that I have ported from Halo Custom Edition on the PC: the Wasp. This vehicle adds an entirely new perspective to this cityscape, allowing players to make flybys firing both a machine gun and secondary rocket. In the end, I have persisted in constructing a well balanced, symmetrical custom Halo 2 map. I hope you enjoy Skyline.
Real Time Shadows Version
Lastly, there are two versions in the file. There is an original version and a Real Time Shadows version. Some people like aesthetics and don't mind a bit of lag if the map looks better. With the Skyline (Real Time Shadows aka RTS) patch, the map has real lighting coming from the spotlights. RTS is buggy at times, but it adds a much more real environment to your map. I debated whether even creating a RTS version, but I included it only because I actually did debate this. I prefer the original. You may prefer the latter.
I havent found any combat bugs except that sometimes you will "fall" off your Wasp while flying. The banshee barrier has tremendously helped remove the possibility of flying through the bsp and ultimately killing yourself.
Also, CTF gametypes may not work perfectly. Territories, oddball, and King of Hill "should" work. The big issue with gametypes is the team spawning. Unfortunately for the players, I am moving on from this project in order to make a different map.
Thank you for checking out Skyline. I am confident you'll have fun playing on it.
• Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!
• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!
• DOMINATOR of Halo CE for the Wasp tags.
• Demonichsandwich and Darkshallfall for the spotlight models.
• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.
• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!
• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!
Edited by DoorM4n, 12 September 2014 - 11:16 AM.