•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

~Skyline~ by DoorM4n

halo 2 doorman doorm4n halo 2 mods skyline tortuga mods ivory tower

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 DoorM4n

DoorM4n

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

skyline.jpg

Hey y'all,

Today I proudly present Skyline. Skyline is a custom map I've created in the Ivory Tower BSP. As the pictures show, Ivory Tower is almost completely erased, which allowed me to create an entirely new environment and arena on the rooftop of two custom-made buildings. This map is full of obstacles, trees, and challenges--including jumping between buildings when you're on the offensive. Skyline was created to be a small yet intense combat map. In my test trials, I have found that there are just enough obstacles to use as cover while just enough to remain non-restrictive. This symmetrical map is littered with weapons both minor and heavy. You will find each building contains the very necessary sniper rifle and rocket launcher, too. My favorite addition to the map, however, is the new flying vehicle that I have ported from Halo Custom Edition on the PC: the Wasp. This vehicle adds an entirely new perspective to this cityscape, allowing players to make flybys firing both a machine gun and secondary rocket. In the end, I have persisted in constructing a well balanced, symmetrical custom Halo 2 map. I hope you enjoy Skyline.

features.png
    •Custom Map
    •Custom Vehicle
    •Custom Skins
    •Original Weapons
    •Custom Bases
    •Custom Unicode
    •Custom Models
    pictures.png
    7_28_2014_12_07_28_AM_28_256.jpg
    7_28_2014_12_05_26_AM_26_903.jpg
    7_28_2014_12_05_17_AM_17_684.jpg

Real Time Shadows Version
    7_29_2014_6_32_24_PM_24_214.png
    7_29_2014_6_31_31_PM_31_844.png
    7_29_2014_6_37_41_PM_41_222.png

download.png

Lastly, there are two versions in the file. There is an original version and a Real Time Shadows version. Some people like aesthetics and don't mind a bit of lag if the map looks better. With the Skyline (Real Time Shadows aka RTS) patch, the map has real lighting coming from the spotlights. RTS is buggy at times, but it adds a much more real environment to your map. I debated whether even creating a RTS version, but I included it only because I actually did debate this. I prefer the original. You may prefer the latter.

Bugs:
    I havent found any combat bugs except that sometimes you will "fall" off your Wasp while flying. The banshee barrier has tremendously helped remove the possibility of flying through the bsp and ultimately killing yourself.

Also, CTF gametypes may not work perfectly. Territories, oddball, and King of Hill "should" work. The big issue with gametypes is the team spawning. Unfortunately for the players, I am moving on from this project in order to make a different map.

Thank you for checking out Skyline. I am confident you'll have fun playing on it.

DoorM4n

Special_Thanks.png
    • Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• DOMINATOR of Halo CE for the Wasp tags.

• Demonichsandwich and Darkshallfall for the spotlight models.

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
    http://www.remnantmods.com
    http://www.halomods.com

Edited by DoorM4n, 12 September 2014 - 11:16 AM.