•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Hey guys! Hows the modding community doing?

hey new member introduction

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick27

Patrick27

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey guys I just joined. I am glad to finally be a part of this site. I wish I knew about it when the first couple of halo games came out. I would of been on here everyday haha. I just started modding halo 2 again and I might look into modding halo 4. If anyone has some tips on what I need to start modding halo 4 that would be awesome. Thanks!

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Halo 4 modding isn't the same to Halo 2, at all.

• Encrypted tags.
    • rsa
    • "making a softmod" OG xbox, doesn't exist in the 360 world. You need to spend money getting an RGH or JTAG or flat out buying a dev, just so you can run unsigned code. Just so you can run a modified Halo 4 XEX that allows you to ignore the map security.
    • Lots of H4 modding is now megalo. Megalo is what runs the gametypes in the newer generation Halo games. Lots of creativity and fun little mods are coming from it

iBotModz is dead though. We don't help do any of it. Try XboxChaos.com for H4 modding, and your huge archive of Halo 2 stuff here.

but hello, and welcome to the site. You are just a few years late.

#3 Patrick27

Patrick27

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hahaha yeah I know. I want to try and help bring back this site though. The Xbox one is coming out soon and everyone is going to be looking up modding tutorials for it. You should make a YouTube channel for iBotModz and fill it with tutorials for modding. I can tell that you are a really experienced modder, but just one or two people don't have the time to produce a lot of modding tutorials that offer a wide variety of mods. A solution to this is you could make a section in this site where people send their modding videos to be uploaded on the YouTube channel and than you approve which ones you think are helpful. All the new modders look up tutorials on YouTube first. All the channels that make those videos are individual people that are only good at modding a couple of games. If you make a channel that's videos are made by the modding community than the variety of games and mods will be huge compared to all the other popular modding channels. Your channel will stand out from the rest and will become popular fast. Once the channel starts becoming popular they will see the link to this website and visit. I want a website like yours to be the place where I, and everyone else, gets help for modding again because YouTube is so limiting.
    When people realize this they will turn to your website for help first before they think about looking anywhere else. People on YouTube know when they are visiting a good channel and the advantage you have on other channels is that you have a website and it is already perfectly setup for handling large amounts of traffic. You even have a mobile version. I think if you promote your website through YouTube (maybe you already have) and your channel becomes popular than your website will come back to life. I know it is harder than it sounds, but I think it will give you a good chance and I have done very well on YouTube with my videos, so I know all the tricks and the way it works and I could help you if you need it. Thanks for the fast response and tips by the way.