• Please log in to reply
    20 replies to this topic

#1 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Iam trying to get more memory for my HDD. Do I need these things on my xbox?
    X Folder
    cache000.map
    cache001.map

E Folder

shadowc open that and theres a shadowcimg. Thats 500MB do i need that?

If theres anything else I DONT need please tell me. I need more memory! Thanks and please reply

#2 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

how much memery do you have left and how much do you need

#3 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

I have 563.45. I need as much as i can get at least 500MB to 1,000MB. As long as its at least 500MBs. Please help

#4 sparta

sparta

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 192 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

i dunno about the folder but the .map i believe are cache as in you can delete them but they will come back when your play what ever game there for

#5 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

DO NOT delete ANYTHING from the C directory XD I highly advise against it =P You never know what could happen. If you need space, it depends on what portion of the HDD you need space. Can you use the F or G drive? If not, you need to use your UnleashX dashboard, go to settings, and format, then format F or G. Hit yes when it asks if you're sure you want to format drive whatever. It gives you an extra 2 gigs =P If you need space on your E drive, delete things you don't need, for example if you have emulators, delete any roms you don't use. Delete anything you don't use. If you don't know what it is, it's best not to bother with it.

#6 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

Ok but what about my games on there? I have the killtrocity 2 mappack will it bother with that? If I format it will it really give me 2 extra gigs? I just dont want to lose anything valuable like the killtrocity 2 mappack which is on my HDD. When I format it I dont want it to delete it. PLEASE HELP!

#7 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

Just make a back-up on your computer.

#8 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

well thats why , just delete the killtrocity map pack any any other games and just store them on your computer cause you will never makde it fit , just ftp what you want when you want it then delete and store on your computer

#9 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

That's... exactly what I do, wam. lol That's actually the best way to do it. Hey Logan, go into the UnleashX settings, and find the settings to enable or disable the F and G drive. Make sure the F or G drive is enabled (just one, since you can only use one of them). Then, go to the file explorer, and if it doesn't say any numbers next to whichever drive you enabled, then it needs to be formated. Numbers, like what you see next to the E and C drives, the ones that tell you how much space is left on the drive. If there's not any next to F or G, format that drive. JUST THE F/G DRIVE lol. Be careful.

#10 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

How do I get the F and the G folders? So your saying when i format HDD will it delete EVERYTHING including my Halo 2 saves and ect.?

#11 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Yeah but how do I just format THAT certain drive or does it give you an option first. That way I know what iam formatting.

#12 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

No, when you go to the format option under the settings on UnleashX, it will have a list of all the drives to format. The Xbox HDD is set up in partitions, each partition being a different drive letter: E, F, and G are the ones you use for things like emulators, games, etc. Just go into the settings of UnleashX and scroll down until you see "Format" or "Format Menu," depends on your UnleashX version. Select the F drive or G drive, hit YES, and it will now be available to use. But just make sure you don't accidentally hit C or E =P Oh, and a couple earlier versions ask for a username and password when you click Format Menu, if yours does that, just hit xbox for both, I believe that's it.

#13 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

I didnt see any format option under settings. Whats wrong??!?!?

#14 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

Calm down, dude lol be patient. I don't use UnleashX as my dash anymore, so don't get frustrated, as I don't remember where everything is. From the main menu (where you have shut down, reboot, file explorer, etc.) go to the one where you can change the settings and skin and stuff, it's in there. lol

#15 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Could I just format just by going to file explorer and opening that up and go down to F drive push start and then go down to format drive? Will that work or is that not what I do. I see the F drive in my file explorer it has a 0 next to it, its that one right?

#16 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

I don't know, I don't use UX anymore. If you it says format in the menu when you hilight the F drive and hit the white button, then do it.

#17 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

The format option is not on the my main menu its on file explorer on my main menu. I go into that go down to the F drive push start and then go down a ways and it will give me a format drive... option. If anybody knows if this is the right way to do it please confirm this. And what about me pushing the white button before I format it? I dont get what that does?

#18 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Jesus, dude... read a bit lol what for dashboard do you use? Look, just hit that format drive option you found, okay? I'm tired of sitting here in this topic, sayin the same things over and over and over...

#19 Logan_17

Logan_17

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

Ok sorry man I just dont want to delete nothing important... iam sorry v_v Thank you for your help though.

#20 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, man, I'm just a little impatient right now, sorry lol but yes, whatever format drive option you've found, do that to the F drive... I'm out, man, see you guys later...