• Please log in to reply
    23 replies to this topic

#1 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since I've been in the modding scene. A loooong time ago, I started a Zanzibar mod. I now have a new computer. What does that mean? It means my mods won't suck as much! lol Yes, I said it. I admit it, my previous mods sucked because they were all just shader and projectile swap mods with minor skins here and there. This time around, I need people to help me get my mod out of the water. It's a Zanzibar mod, like I said before. If you want to help me, here's what I need to get done:

Models: possibly, I've already got a Needler model modded up
    Skins: definitely! the map, mainly! the map is supposed to look like it's coated in snow
    Testers: I need testers to help test it on XLink once finished, and I also need a few beta testers =) so far, the majority of what I've got in the map works perfect, but there's a few errors and such
    Help with: plasma grenade D= I seem to have broken it lol there's not a detonation effect or sound...

If any of you can help me out, PM me or post here. If you WILL help me, PM me and I'll upload a patch and give you the link to download. Any and all help appreciated.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

I can skin, not model at all

I would like to get back to modding Halo 2. So this would get me a chance to get started.

#3 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

I can model, but I already have alot to do and dunno if I can help. If you come to the stage that you do want some models and have no one else to do it, you could ask me and if I am not too busy I may be able to help.

#4 clickboom3096

clickboom3096

Private

• Members+

• 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

im ok at skinning i used to do it alot a long time ago

#5 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:45 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the offers. Seeing as how I have a new PC, like I said before, I can do a LOT more! I just did my first SP -> MP conversion! =D My next mod is already under way xD But yes, I DO need a skinner, definitely. All I can do since the pen broke for my tablet, is select things usin the magnetic lasso tool, and use the hue and saturation thing in Photoshop lmao I can't do anything anymore because my pen broke D= I'm not sure if I need a modeler just yet =P but I do know I need some help with uhhhh placing things on the map the way I want them to go =P I duplicated the BR and Carbine, and I'm going to edit them so they're alternate versions of the BR and Carbine. But, I'm gonna leave the original BR and Carbine on the map. I know how to edit the BR and Carbine alternates to be how I want them to be, I just need to learn how to place things on the map properly, so like it's not gonna fall out of the sky when it spawns lol I'm fresh and new to the whole placing spawns and moving spawns and such. Back on the topic... Peaches, how good are your skinning skills? =D and clickboom, how good are you? Any uh examples? =P

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

Placing items is through the ICMP tag, and I'm pretty decent with that.

Otherwise my skinning is above average, not the best to insert bump maps, but pretty good.

#7 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

ICMP? Don't think I've seen that tag before >.> lol I've placed new spawns on the map before, it just doesn't always work very well =P Peach, you have XLink, don't you? If you do, gimme your XTag, mine's |NH|Ar7ific1al. I can upload a patch of the Zanzibar mod I've done thus far, and we can meet up on XLink and I can show ya what I wanna do for the mod =P

#8 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

ICMP, whoops.

I was thinking of an online MPDTD game on casual collective. I meant ITMC.

I only use XBConnect, But I'm sure I can install X-Link. Very busy installing this arcade though.

#9 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

lol I see. I figured that was an error =P I don't like XBC, you apparently have to forward ports or some crap to play. And it's not as user friendly as XLink is =D lol If you're too busy, we can do it later, doesn't have to be right now. Just whenever, I guess. I'm gonna be on XLink probably almost all day. So if you get the chance today, check the H2 game arena, I may have my own arena.

#10 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

Well, Peach, and anyone else who wants to help out with the mod, I have a patch download, tell me if you want it so you can help out, and I'll PM it to ya.

#11 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:03 AM

You know my status, I'll hopefully go buy a quick 200 dollar cheap but worth T.V.

#12 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

Yes, hopefully lol cuz I really need the help with my mod =P anyone else willing to help??

EDIT: Hey Peach, I'm gonna go ahead and post pics of what's done so far.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    There's all the pics I got so far =P If I get anything else done, I'll take more pics

#13 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

Okay, guys, I really need some help here lol I have plenty of stuff I need to do, and I have a lot of crap to add to the map and spawn. I need some help with getting everything into the map and not have it FREEZE when it loads. I placed everything where I wanted it, but when I loaded the map, it froze lol I need any and all help I can get! If you know how to put new items in the map from other maps and spawn them without the map freezing on load, PLEASE, I need you lol if I'm not online and anyone needs to find me, most likely, I'll be online playing H2 on XLink Kai, my username is Ar7ific1al, and chances are, I'll have my own arena in North American Halo 2 arena.

#14 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

All I can do is pretty much skin thats it but have you made mods before because I swear I seen mods by that username before andI thought they were pwnsome. So if you have made mods before could you post them cuz I want .

#15 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

lol Smokie =P I have put 2 mods on iBotModz before, one was a Zanzibar mod with a sky, lightmap, and biped mods. It was flood elites vs. flood humans (no AI though) and the other one was a stupid shader and projectile swap mod that everyone hated because "shader swaps are old" lol it's not my fault I haven't been modding as long as them =P but yeah, if you want me to give you the zanzibar mod, tell me, I still have the patch, I just need to edit a few things first.

#16 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

lol Smokie =P I have put 2 mods on iBotModz before, one was a Zanzibar mod with a sky, lightmap, and biped mods. It was flood elites vs. flood humans (no AI though) and the other one was a stupid shader and projectile swap mod that everyone hated because "shader swaps are old" lol it's not my fault I haven't been modding as long as them =P but yeah, if you want me to give you the zanzibar mod, tell me, I still have the patch, I just need to edit a few things first.

Yeah please, and I don't see whats bad about shader swaps they look sweet.

#17 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, I know, I like 'em too. I'll have to edit that zanzibar mod later, I'm super busy right now, working on my other mod... sorry lol

#18 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, I know, I like 'em too. I'll have to edit that zanzibar mod later, I'm super busy right now, working on my other mod... sorry lol

Its ok ill wait.

#19 Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey, guys, I have sort of an update on my mod. Seeing as how I can do nothing about the trees (damn those trees....) on Zanzibar, I'm most likely going to have to do it on a different map. It really sucks. I've gotten so far with this mod, and all I need to do is skin a few things, edit some effects, edit some SBSP materials, etc, and I would be done, but the trees aren't able to be removed. I'm gonna have to start all over again (except for the needler model I made) on everything. I still want to keep the same theme: abandoned Antarctic research facility rediscovered by the Covenant Elites and turned into a breeding ground for creating an army. That's my theme. I want to stick to it. Nothing else. I need fresh ideas, people, give me some maps I could use to better this mod that do not have trees that can't be removed lol and preferably, no water... Thank you all.

EDIT!!: also, I've decided: it does NOT have to be Antarctic, it could be like.. in the middle of a desert somewhere, or on an island... etc, as long as I can stick to the theme.... and as long as it has great possibilities.

#20 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

Use the BSP of the control room on the final map of campaign. Highely overused BSP, but its really fun to work with.